Italian Job

lilnps

How many cars are there and how long do you wait for the next rain to leave. I knw there is a helicopter part of the ride where you stop and launch again. How long is it before the next car leaves to avoid collison...Thanks

Are there any other things I should know about the park at the moment

The launching interval is not yet an exact science, so it varies from day to day. I have not timed the intervals and taken an average, but it is not exceedingly long.

There are two trains currently being used (three are available for use) and those trains have three cars, each of which hold four riders in two rows of two. I don't see how the use of three trains will help capacity, at least with current launch intervals. It seems to me that stacking would become a problem if the third train was used, ie Son of Beast.

PKIBoy, PKI is not like a lot of the Six Flags parks. PKI runs all the trains on the rides that they can. Especially with IJST, even if they aren`t expecting large crowds, they know there will be a crowd at this ride. I have seen them remove a train from The Beast down to 2, but this was on a gold pass holder night when it was really cold. Even with two trains, they were sending the trains out half empty, so they did not benefit from having the third train on. IJST does benefit from a slight increase in capacity by having its third train on.

Not to change the subject here with IJST, but I will say that they are always having more trains on their tracks than they really need. The two days I was there Vortex, SOB, and even FOF and Beast didn't need all two or three trains running all day. I mean when was the last time FOF was waiting for people to get in around 12? Vortex always was dispatched with tons of seats empty and SOB loooked like it was closed because so few people were on it. But they still had all the rides trains running, and that really adds to the enjoymen of a park when you dont have to wait for the rides.

Actually, I have seen them using three trains on IJST. I believe they were running three trains on the ride yesterday.

Really? I assumed they were working on the third train in order to get the stair case effect in operation. But I can't say I'd be surprised if they had given up on that and decided to add the third train for capacity's sake, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, as far as I'm concerned. The ride seems to be popular, and I thoroughly enjoy it, so shorter lines means more rides for me!

Not to change the subject here with IJST, but I will say that they are always having more trains on their tracks than they really need. The two days I was there Vortex, SOB, and even FOF and Beast didn't need all two or three trains running all day. I mean when was the last time FOF was waiting for people to get in around 12? Vortex always was dispatched with tons of seats empty and SOB loooked like it was closed because so few people were on it. But they still had all the rides trains running, and that really adds to the enjoymen of a park when you dont have to wait for the rides.

Vortex dispatches trains empty because it is such a people eater! cool.gif

Son of Beast dispatches trains empty because it sucks. laugh.gif