Tues, July 12

Reclaimer

Going to the park with some friends on the 12th.

My friends already have their tickets purchased and have gotten off work (as have I).

But now I'm sort of dreading the weather. Looks like a 50-60% chance of precip. on Tuesday w/ scattered storms. I hope to god i don't drive 2 1/2 hrs for storms all day. sad.gif I can handle a little morning shower, as they tend to keep the crowds away.

Which brings me to another point: How are the crowds on Tuesdays in July? I usually only go to the park on Wed, Thurs, or Sundays. I'm sure they aren't bad, but are we talking ~30 min waits, a few train waits, or walk-ons possibly? I'm just curious.

I haven`t been to the park on any weekday this year (except for the Gold Pass holder party on a Friday evening in May) due to school. I would imagine that the crowds will be light, based on past experience from previous seasons as well as the forecast. I believe that Tuesdays are the park`s slowest days. Be aware that Tuesdays are Two-for Tuesdays for pass holders, so some rides like The Beast might have slower than normal moving lines, but it shouldn`t be untolerable. The weather all week is looking to be rather ugly with remanants of Dennis hitting Cincy. The park should be open with rides running, provided that there is no lightning in the area. In the event of lightning they will shut down the rides and reopen them as soon as the lightning is out of the area.

I don`t know how much the oxygen bar costs. I have no desire to try it, but the times I`ve walked by it this summer it has been closed.

Well then, I guess I'm not going after all. Chance of storms, coupled with my friend's parents thinking it'd be a waste of $35 for the risk of storms, have caused this trip to be canceled...and it looks like storms for the area for the next week. So much for my one day off. sad.gif

Turns out, we're going anyway!

I'm so happy. I was going through major PKI withdrawal. Haven't been to the park in a month! A MONTH! biggrin.gif

See ya'll Tuesday!

update: wunderground is starting to get on my nerves. It's very inconsistant and it's hard to base a decision on them. Yesterday afternoon, chance of precip on Tues. was 50%, then it changed to 39%, now it's 75%.

Weather.com is showing 60%

Do you all think it's still worth the 2-3 hr. drive?

Haha. Well, I decided to go with a third opinion on that forecast and headed over to accuweather.com. I love the site's interface, and love the forecasts even more. Looks like a SLIGHT chance of rain up until the evening hours, and then the chances increase. Score one for the Tuesday-goers!

More Info: http://wwwa.accuweather.com/forecast-detai...fday=2&metric=0

From what I have heard, Tuesday through Thursday will be wet. Majority of it oming o Wednesday and Thursday. Flooding could be a major problem. Local 12 (WKRC Cincinati) said they would not be surprised if parts of their viewing area pick up between 5-10 inches of rain by the time the remnants of Dennis leave the Cincinnati area. While we need the rain here, we do not need quite that much rain!