Nickelodeon Central Parade

Kat_RPW_employee

ok i for one thing it was MEGA crappy this year. I saw it last year and i gotta say this year definitely sucks more than last year.

I did NOT see more floats, I saw a lot less floats

I did NOT see new characters, I saw fewer ones than last year

I did NOT see them dancing like they did last year (they just hopped around but not danced)

It did not last as long (last year it would take 30 mins for it to go by, like, if you sat in one spot from start to finish it would take 30 mins to pass you... this year it's like, 15)

so yeah. I for one think PKI is false advertising the parade and i REFUSE to wear the freakin nick central parade button on my uniform at work. I don't approve of supporting false advertising.

MOD EDIT: Watch the double posts!

Sorry to hear the Parade is very bad this year. Its a shame you go to them parks for shows, and rides that you can not see any where else. So do you think it would be a good idea to save my money till the parade is out of the park?

I did NOT see them dancing like they did last year (they just hopped around but not danced)

I seen MORE floats.

I seen more Characters.

I seen them dancing!

Ummmmm, maybe you had your back to it? It also seemed to last just as long as last time....

It was a GREAT show imo!

Honestly I think the parade is better. There are new characters this year and new floats. Last year we did not have the Dora float or the Danny Phantom float. We also have Sandy, Danny Phantom, and Dieago (sp?) this year. So there are new floats and new characters. The parade is the same length as it was last year. I think the parade is a great idea because it gives us a break in the day and adds something new. I am proud to wear my button and advertise the parade. To be honest i even wear my button outside of the park. I think it is something worth advertising. I am sorry that you dont feel that way Kat

I wanted to go to the parade last Saturday, but my son wasn't feeling well so we took him to the pediatrician.

Hence, I'd like to go this Saturday. But it is supposed to rain.

Perhaps next Saturday I can visit PKI, see the Nickelodeon Parade, and enjoy a few rides.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

chef.gif

I seen MORE floats.

I seen more Characters.

I seen them dancing!

Ummmmm, maybe you had your back to it? It also seemed to last just as long as last time....

It was a GREAT show imo!

no i didn't have my back turned. ok so there are a few more characters, and perhaps one new float, but overall, i still think it was not as good as last year. I was sitting near Funnel Cakes on International Street facing the Eiffel Tower.

ok i for one thing it was MEGA crappy this year. I saw it last year and i gotta say this year definitely sucks more than last year.

It did not last as long (last year it would take 30 mins for it to go by, like, if you sat in one spot from start to finish it would take 30 mins to pass you... this year it's like, 15)

so yeah. I for one think PKI is false advertising the parade and i REFUSE to wear the freakin nick central parade button on my uniform at work. I don't approve of supporting false advertising.

The only thing worst than a park flammer is a park flammer that works at the park... dry.gif

I agree, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. Maybe the parade doesn't appel to you, but just think of the 100's and 100's of kids who have or will enjoy it. For Christ sakes it is a Nickeloden Parade. smile.gif

I see park employees that dont wear there buttons. Some one told me that if you dont wear your button that you get fired. Is that true????

I agree, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.

LOL. I wish ACErs who posted online followed this advice. Then they would never say anything!!! tongue.gif

I disagree with that. These are open forums, and so long as you can express your opinions somewhat intelligently, it's welcomed.

Kat, I think it had more floats this time... I don't remember there being LESS floats per so, but I think the Danny Phantom one was the only new one.

Less characters? It's hard to say. I remember last year the parade was slightly different every time, so there could be more characters, just not all at once.

I do agree about the dancing part, though. Last year they actually had a small bit in which they would kick and wave their arms during the actual theme song, but this year they just clapped along. So long as the energy of the parade keeps up, it doesn't bother me much.

The only time I've see the parade this year was at its debut on the 2nd, but one thing that I noticed was that the music was LOUD. I thought it did great things for the look and feel of the parade. It wasn't like ear piercing loud, but it had a VERY well-known presence. From what I've heard, though, it was a technical mistake.

Ryan

you better watch what you say on these posts. Believe it or not, you supervisors and/or mangers do read these and I have seen people get fired or wrote up for what they said on the posts. You are giving KI and bad rap and KI will not tolerate that. As they said before, keep your mouth shut if you cant say somthing nice, esp if YOU WORK THERE! As for as the button goes, that is you deal for not wearing the, BUT do NOT go around and posting that you wont wear them. How do you think it makes the park look? I just pray that one of your superivisers or mangers dont read this. But you can bet that the full timers of Rides do read this!! You've been warn!

LOL. I wish ACErs who posted online followed this advice. Then they would never say anything!!! tongue.gif

I disagree with that. These are open forums, and so long as you can express your opinions somewhat intelligently, it's welcomed.

Oh I know. I was just making a joke that a lot of "hardcore" coaster enthusiasts on other sites seem to post an overwhelming amount of negative messages.

Oh I know. I was just making a joke that a lot of "hardcore" coaster enthusiasts on other sites seem to post an overwhelming amount of negative messages.

Yeah, I can agree with that 100%.

We haven't been able to visit the park since the parade started this year. I do hope that the sound quality is better then it was last year. I remember that it was very loud and had a lot of static coming through the speakers. We are going to go on Saturday and I am looking forward to the parade. The energy that the employee's have is amazing!!! I love to see them dance around and have a great time.

For what it tries to attempt, the Nick Parade is a really cool show with great float designs and costumed characters...on paper. But, come on, who here has seen a Disney parade? Even the generic daily Disney parade is a work of art and blows NCP out of the water.

Kat is right, Kings Island is a victim of false advertising from Paramount Parks. Several attractions/events (Tomb Raider, SDATHC, IJ:ST, FearFest, NCP) were originally stated as state-of-the-art, one-of-a-kind ride experiences, yet they are reduced to nothing but cheap ride technology with "Hollywood make-overs" slapped on when they open to the public (not to mention they break down to the point of frustration on any given day).

For what Paramount Parks has done to Kings Island and the other parks that they own, Winterfest and the new Nick Central update to Hanna-Barbera Land better be good if they want to maintain their popularity among guests.

*on a similar note, Viacom (owners of all things Paramount) is confiriming that they will split in half, with the second half, temporarily named CBS. Corp, being in charge of Paramount Parks and CBS, KingWorld, etc, by the first quarter of 2006. Viacom is also looking towards selling off Paramount Parks to company bidders (Universal, Disney, Cedar Fair) between 2005 and 2006.

-courtesy of Screamscape.com

Ryan, yes they have a dance routine. I watched them do it countless times during practice and the actual parade.

Kat, You are a moron for posting what you do post. I bet you are a great person in real life, but will you please ease up? Its almost like talking to a 3 year old sometimes. Also, next time you watch the parade, do two things: 1) wear a watch and 2) open your eyes. P.S. Nice pic of you in Rivertown.

As for the sound, most problems have been fixed.

Ringmaster, How many Disney parks are around PKI? Good answer, none. PKI has its niche in the Ohio region, not in the Florida region. So comparing the two parades is like comparing apples to oranges during a grape competition. And I would also like to ask if you you were the origonal designer on those rides you mentioned. No? Theres a shocker. Now, how do you know that the park downgraded the rides? Oh, my bad. Its just to make you angry. Where else can you ride a Huss Giant Topspin? Where else can you do all the stuff IJ does? (dont feel like listing it). The reason that these rides break down is because it IS new technology. New technology= new hurdles. New hurdles=new bugs in the system. These bugs take time to get rid of.

All in all, this is a rant I know. But if someone doesnt say it, I will start to hurt people, so I said it. One thing I hate are hypocrits, especially ones who bash the place they work at in a public forum.

^ Thank god I was not the only one thinking it.

Sob_Tom beat me to it, but I was going to say the same thing. How long as disney had its parks and had their parades? Longer then Paramount has.

You all need to chill it out and Kat, you already know how i feel from my previvous post. I think KI is doing a great Job since it is only open how long in the year? 6 months and only 3 of those months are full season!

For what it tries to attempt, the Nick Parade is a really cool show with great float designs and costumed characters...on paper. But, come on, who here has seen a Disney parade? Even the generic daily Disney parade is a work of art and blows NCP out of the water.

Kat is right, Kings Island is a victim of false advertising from Paramount Parks. Several attractions/events (Tomb Raider, SDATHC, IJ:ST, FearFest, NCP) were originally stated as state-of-the-art, one-of-a-kind ride experiences, yet they are reduced to nothing but cheap ride technology with "Hollywood make-overs" slapped on when they open to the public (not to mention they break down to the point of frustration on any given day).

For what Paramount Parks has done to Kings Island and the other parks that they own, Winterfest and the new Nick Central update to Hanna-Barbera Land better be good if they want to maintain their popularity among guests.

*on a similar note, Viacom (owners of all things Paramount) is confiriming that they will split in half, with the second half, temporarily named CBS. Corp, being in charge of Paramount Parks and CBS, KingWorld, etc, by the first quarter of 2006. Viacom is also looking towards selling off Paramount Parks to company bidders (Universal, Disney, Cedar Fair) between 2005 and 2006.

-courtesy of Screamscape.com

Sorry I strongly disagree with you The Nick Parade was better than last years I wouldnt hold any truth to screamscape because it's mainly a rumors website I love what paramount has done they do however need to start up keeping the themes.