The Sky Ride

PkiJake13

Actually, here is all it says:

Paramount's Kings Island:

1993 – The park becomes Paramount’s Kings Island. A suspended roller coaster, to be named Thunder Road by the former owners, is added and named Top Gun, beginning Paramount’s trend of naming most major new rides after one of their movies or television shows. Top Gun is located in what was once part of the Wild Animal Habitat and has the longest queue in the park. The Wild Animal Habitat & Monorail are closed at the end of the season.

Again, that is on this site under park info, timeline.

actually one of the loading buildings for the sky ride is still there. In NickCentral across from the carousel there is a shop (i can't think of the name). That was once the Hanna Barbera loading station. The other was over pretty close to where the loop was on the King Cobra.

But the building in Nick Central has two entrances on the Eiffel Tower facing side that were the openings for the cars to come in/out... and in between the doors is a glass display... Can anyone think of the name of that shop?

yes, and the monorail continued to operated for the first season Top Gun was open.  The concrete tunnel you walk under was a bridge for the monorail to pass over above.  The monorail was closed after that season, however.

Cris

The monorail operated for two not one season with Top Gun. The next season you had to walk in the monorail station area to get to the line for Top Gun thats why the line is so long today. Also the other stop on the Ski Ride was a gift shop before the King Cobra was built. The exit area for the coaster used to be home to a Elephant that you could take a ride on.

Okay I am showing my age now.

Edited by Vortex

Is there anything left of the Sky Ride i mean parts or footers ???? wink.gif

Nothing is left of the Sky Ride that I know about. I bet all the footers have long been gone. Who knows PKI might have a Ski Ride Tub put away some where or they sold them. Their is not alot left of Old Kings Island or Coney Island now days.