Holiday World

We could only get this lucky at PKI or cbs ki or just ki 2006!

4 rides and one awseome wooden coaster!

We can only wait!

Your family will want to gather together for a feast of fun next season!

The world's top "air-time" wooden coaster will be the main course at Holiday World's new Thanksgiving section in 2006!

"The Voyage is going to be an air-time machine, with riders experiencing a feeling of weightlessness for a total of 24.2 seconds," says Will Koch, the parks' president. "We're taking the traditional out-and-back layout to the extreme, with the steepest drop on any wooden coaster in the nation. The Voyage will be 1.2 miles long, placing it among the planet's top three longest and fastest wooden coasters."

A feast of "floater" air-time, The Voyage will feature three drops of over 100 feet, with the first drop's angle of descent a steep 66 degrees. The top speed of the three-train coaster will be 67.4 miles per hour.

"We've carved out five underground tunnels for The Voyage‹which is a world record," says Koch. "And some of those tunnels will be wide enough that we'll roar through them twice, creating a total of eight 'underground moments,' one of which will include a 'triple-down' feature."

The Voyage will also have two sections of extreme, 90-degree banking.

And the rest... is gravy.

Other new attractions planned for 2006 include Bahari River, an action river for Splashin' Safari. The Thanksgiving section in Holiday World will be stuffed full of family fun, including a turkey-chase-themed interactive "dark ride," another new ride, large restaurant, shop, games and more.

The Voyage will set sail on May 6, 2006, on the opening day of Holiday World & Splashin' Safari's 60th Anniversary Season.

HW is a family park their adding this because they can also add something for everyone. The 4 other rides. Every target group is pretty much getting something. PKI isnt doing this because their not expanding into a new area. Holiday World is adding a whole new section to the park. They beat one of SOB's records so far, the steepest drop of any wood coaster.

Sounds like it's the only record they'll beat other than most tunnels. 2006 will just have to be the year I visit Holiday World. Sounds like an awesome coaster. And yeah, they are installing other rides, but I guarantee kids and parents of all ages (within height restrictions)will ride the new coaster. See, you don't have to go the wussy, slow speed way of building coasters.

I was on Coasterbuzz and Shaggy, I know he talks on here, said he was glad to live in Louisville cause of 3 new coasters.

From Coasterbuzz:

"sure am happy to be living where I do right now... Louisville....

Why?

Well, in 2006 it will be central to 3 new coasters.... Beech Bend, HW and..... oh.... I'll let it simmer for a bit.... ;-)

Shaggy"

So it is eithier us or SFKK that is getting a new coaster, he said it wasn't WOF like someone suggested, so I wouldn't think it would be CP or Geauga Lake.

-Jake

hey, i was IN the HOLIDAY THEATER when they unveiled the Simulation, OMFG it will kick other coasters' Asses!! and serve them for the feast!!

I knew it! And I agree!!!! 101%

and to note... this will take a title from PKI...

...not the one you were thinking... but...

Steepness... 66 degree Slope!!!

and for those of you who think the back turn around of Voyage looks weak... dont forget, there is a 60 foot change in elevation from the part of the hill where it enters and the furthest back portion by the end of that curve!

a lot of this ride will have immense underground tunnelage!!

Son of Beast has never been the steepest wooden roller coaster in the world. The park never claimed that Son of Beast was the steepest wooden coaster.

As far as the new coaster, it looks incredibly awesome. I will definantly make a second trip to Holiday World next season to experience this ride! Also, glad to see Cincinnati based The Gravity Group get another design. All the best luck to them and their continued successes to becoming the next major wooden coaster company.

As far as the Shaggy post. It might be time for Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom to get a new coaster. However, PKI may sneek in a new children`s coaster as well next season with the rumored expansion of Nick Central/rumored loss of Scooby`s Ghoster Coaster.

At least its not the longest wooden roller coaster in the world.

Not the longest... but quite possibly the best. I hope to be among the first riders next May.

Also, I've heard that Holiday World will be the co-host park for CoasterCon in 2007, along with (P)KI. We can hope something good and big will come in '07 for KI...

Son of Beast has never been the steepest wooden roller coaster in the world. The park never claimed that Son of Beast was the steepest wooden coaster.

Sob has a max vertical angle of 55 degrees according to RCDB, the steepest drop of any wooden coaster in the world. I also remember reading somewhere that it has the steepest 2nd drop of any wooden coaster.