Media Announcement for ?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah coaster guy, you were on the right track but you missed it. Think about it, what's the biggest tradition at PKI, well The Beast of course. The snow obviously indicates a possible themeing so a possible Polar Beast. Now if you think about it what Beast is missing from a nuclear family? The mom of course. PKI I'm sure has thought about this long and hard and realized that they can't claim to be a true family park unless The Beast family is your traditional nuclear family. How are you supposed to explain to your kids how their can be a father, son, and baby but no mom. PKI has realized their mistake and will rectify it next year. Polar Beast won't be the name though. Think polar is typically used with polar opposite to mean completely different, so what would be opposite of Beast? Mother Beast of course. So that will be the true announcement. Now how's that for reading in between the lines Shaggy?

In all seriousness though it will be nice to have Winter fest come back. The only thing is it does seem a little weird that they would hold a press conference just for winterfest when they have basically stated that's what it is. Plus, if history repeats itself their announcement for the new 2006 attraction would be just about a week later. I wonder if they might have more than just winterfest in mind because it makes no sense to hold two press conferences within almost a week of each other. Either that or the announcement for 2006 will be later than the past couple of years.

I think we are all missing the obvious announcement here. PKI is obviously going to announce that the repairs on Delerium are scheduled to be completed this winter, and then all the speculation of when it will open again will end. Just my two cents from the hints that were dropped to me by some people who work at the park, but if I had to guess the July 25th announcement will be just for the return of Winterfest, and we will see a later announcement for the 2006 addition. If I had to guess when that will be I'd say that it could be made right around the close of the Nickelodeon Celebration parade.

July 25th...December 25th ::cough cough::

Just my two cents. Oh, by the way, joker, at Beastbuzz, Jeff said the 2006 announcement date will be in August, I think the date was the 16th, but not 100% positive.

people people, stop the speculation, i the one and only special K know exactly what this "holiday announcement" will be....

cant you see.... its pretty obvious!

remembmer when everyone thought pki was being sold? well, it was. the conference on the 25th is to annuonce that the Koch family... owners of the most wonderful park in the world "HOLIDAY WORLD" Have completed their purchase of Paramounts Kings Island... They have wanted that "worlds longest wodden" record for a while, and finally realized this was the only way to get it!

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif HAHA biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

In all seriousness though it will be nice to have Winter fest come back. The only thing is it does seem a little weird that they would hold a press conference just for winterfest when they have basically stated that's what it is. Plus, if history repeats itself their announcement for the new 2006 attraction would be just about a week later. I wonder if they might have more than just winterfest in mind because it makes no sense to hold two press conferences within almost a week of each other. Either that or the announcement for 2006 will be later than the past couple of years.

Thats what I was thinking why have a press conference just to say Winter Fest is back unless PKI is also going to say what to new ride is for 2006. I don't think its a coaster. Shaggy is talking about another park.

In all seriousness though it will be nice to have Winter fest come back.  The only thing is it does seem a little weird that they would hold a press conference just for winterfest when they have basically stated that's what it is.  Plus, if history repeats itself their announcement for the new 2006 attraction would be just about a week later.  I wonder if they might have more than just winterfest in mind because it makes no sense to hold two press conferences within almost a week of each other.  Either that or the announcement for 2006 will be later than the past couple of years.

Thats what I was thinking why have a press conference just to say Winter Fest is back unless PKI is also going to say what to new ride is for 2006. I don't think its a coaster. Shaggy is talking about another park.

Just keep believing that, but consider this. I live in Louisville and there are only a few parks that he could be talking about. Well, HW, already have theirs, BB, already have theirs. Then there is SFKK, obviously not getting a coaster any time soon. And lastly, PKI, which has been rumored the SB:Boating School is coming to. My money is on PKI. Mark my words.

Once again, this makes me suspect more and more that if winterfest is indeed coming, it will be mostly Christmas based. Looking back on the old winterfests it seems it is mostly... no... All themed on Christmas. I mean the tower was turned into a tree. I myself am not christian or catholic and this is my reason for posting this. Cincinnati is a very Christian community and I can live with that. It's just that it seems that everything else for other religons are left out.

You wouldn't beleave the amount of people in Cincinnati that are Racist, You also wouldn't beleave the amount of crap I get when people make comments to me because I'm not Christian. I really really want this winterfest to be a "fest" for all holidays. But just by watching the video on the front page it makes me think... It talks about this holiday season, But plays it in a Christmas tune. Many commercials during the holiday season do the same. They wish a happy holiday to all but are wearing a santa hat, Singing a Christmas song and have Christmas decoratons (which always makes me crack up laughing). Why can't they just play a winter sounding song? Or they can play that "chrismahanukwanzakah" song, lol. This is really all I am really saying... Please make this winterfest for all holidays.

Once again, this makes me suspect more and more that if winterfest is indeed coming, it will be mostly Christmas based. Looking back on the old winterfests it seems it is mostly... no... All themed on Christmas. I mean the tower was turned into a tree. I myself am not christian or catholic and this is my reason for posting this. Cincinnati is a very Christian community and I can live with that. It's just that it seems that everything else for other religons are left out.

You wouldn't beleave the amount of people in Cincinnati that are Racist, You also wouldn't beleave the amount of crap I get when people make comments to me because I'm not Christian. I really really want this winterfest to be a "fest" for all holidays. But just by watching the video on the front page it makes me think... It talks about this holiday season, But plays it in a Christmas tune. Many commercials during the holiday season do the same. They wish a happy holiday to all but are wearing a santa hat, Singing a Christmas song and have Christmas decoratons (which always makes me crack up laughing). Why can't they just play a winter sounding song? Or they can play that "chrismahanukwanzakah" song, lol. This is really all I am really saying... Please make this winterfest for all holidays.

I agree with you that most things are Christian base and I can see why you dislike it but it goes along with everything else in marketing. They market to the majority most of the time and ignore the minority. In America the vast majority of people are Christian and therefore most marketing is based towards them. I'm not saying it's right but for marketing's sake it makes the most sense to target the majority even if it means excluding the minority. The harsh world of buisiness.

Yes, it will probably end up being christian oriented. But until details are announced, who knows what sort of activities they have planned.

I remember taking one of the surveys about Winterfest asking what types of activities would you like to see at a Winter event. The activities ranged from live nativity scenes, to carriage rides, to model train displays. It also asked what rides you would like to ride. Delirium was one option, they also had The Beast as an option. That would be one brutally cold ride on The Beast with a preexisting windchill of near 0, much less when you are cruising through the woods at 50mph+! It will be interesting to see all of what they have planned.

And yes, business are out to make a profit. They will cater and market to the majority simple because it will afford them the largest return on investment.

I doubt that The Beast would be open for Winterfest. However what I could see open is as follows: Flight of Fear, Bumper Cars, Carousel, SD:THC, Action FX Theater, and Tomb Raider. Keep in mind they will also probably have ice skating on the fountain and horse and buggy rides.

Like was already said before, you wouldn't want to ride a fast paced ride in the cold, has the wind chill would be way too cold. A little more then a week though, and we will know all the details. I can't wait! smile.gif

At the Winterfest in 1991, they also had the Kings Island and Miami Valley Railroad operating. I don`t know if they will have Adventure Express operating, because it might be too cold for them to operate it, because some rides have temperature limits. If the temperature dips below a certain temperature, than they can`t run the ride. Air hoses can freeze, the steel contracts, grease gets stiffer, among other things.

At the Winterfest in 1991, they also had the Kings Island and Miami Valley Railroad operating. I don`t know if they will have Adventure Express operating, because it might be too cold for them to operate it, because some rides have temperature limits. If the temperature dips below a certain temperature, than they can`t run the ride. Air hoses can freeze, the steel contracts, grease gets stiffer, among other things.

I forgot about KI&MVRR they will probably have that running as well.

I also want to say I saw a few posts of people who are not Christan saying that how they don't like how all holiday events are geared torwards Christmas. Maybe they will include other holidays within Winterfest this time.

They do call it winterfest and not Christmasfest.

Yes I know. I'm just saying for the people who do not celebarate Christmas, that maybe they will include some other holidays within Winterfest. I for one do celebrate Christmas, so I don't know how once must feel, going to an event, and it being all about Christmas.

Also, notice that they say "coming this holiday season", not "coming this Christmas season".

I imagine the themeing will be more geared to "commercial" Xmas/holiday (trees, Santa Claus, snowmen, etc.), which in a strict definition could be described as "Christmas." However, I wouldn't expect to see any overtly religious symbols (nativity scenes, menoras, etc.), in that there's too great a risk of offending one group or another.

I imagine the themeing at Winterfest will be about as overtly religious as any holiday season McDonalds or Coke commercial...

In 2002 I went in November and it was freezeing, so I called guest services to see what tempeture they stop running the coasters. They said they could run till 30 degrees.

-Jake

I imagine the minimum temp depends on the coaster, too...

I remember during TG's first year (very early in the season) a ride op said that it had to be at least 45 to run TG. At NYNY in Vegas (in January), the ride op there said they could run the coaster as long at the temperature was 40 or higher. (I rode it at about 45, and trust me--it was COLD!!) Of course, both of these statements were just casual conversation from ride ops, so hardly definitive answers...

I also think the announced price will give us a good idea of what rides will be running...if it costs $24.95, I'd say they plan to have quite a few "big" rides running. If it costs $14.95, I'd guess a similar number of attractions to what was open in '91. They also need to price the event so that it's competetive with other holiday events in the area, since it needs to compete head on with them. I doubt if Winterfest will be a regional draw (at least in its first season). It may pull some people from Columbus and Indy, but otherwise it's going to need to depend on the support of the Cincy and Dayton markets.

Joel

You wouldn't beleave the amount of people in Cincinnati that are Racist, You  also wouldn't beleave the amount of crap I get when people make comments to me because I'm not Christian. I really really want this winterfest to be a "fest" for all holidays. But just by watching the video on the front page it makes me think... It talks about this holiday season, But plays it in a Christmas tune. Many commercials during the holiday season do the same. They wish a happy holiday to all but are wearing a santa hat, Singing a Christmas song and have Christmas decoratons (which always makes me crack up laughing). Why can't they just play a winter sounding song? Or they can play that "chrismahanukwanzakah" song, lol. This is really all I am really saying... Please make this winterfest for all holidays.

I agree with what my friend here has said. Ever since I was in elementary school, I was teased for being Jewish. I happen to like my religion, and it kind of stinks when another religion is forced upon everyone. Sure, a good portion of Cincinnati is Christian, and a lot of people celebrate christmas, but this is unfair towards the minorities. This is why Gabriel and myself find this idea to be a little single-minded.

EDIT: I just read the last few posts, and I understand the whole idea of marketing towards the majority, but I'm still saying this is plainly unfair to those who are of a different religion, and yet loyal to the park.

I never said that McDonalds and Coke commercials were doing the right thing, by doing the same thing.

However, in the Jewish religion, Channukah is not a major holiday, it was just "American-ized", so that Jewish kids also get presents, and celebrate it to the same extent that their Christian friends do. I'm guessing (because I really don't know much about Christianity) that Christmas has the same importance to the Christian people as Passover or Yom Kippor means to the Jewish people.