Media Announcement for ?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they tell all park employees whats going to happen. Because i worked in food service back in 2003 and they told us about the new water park but they did not tell us the name of the water park they just told us that the water park was going to be better. so i think they will tell the park employees whats going on in the next week or so.

I am just not a winter person... and Halloween is the BEST holiday there is! Yes, better than Christmas. Plus, I believe that Winterfest has failed once, and will fail again. History WILL repeat itself! -Hauntguy

failed how? I remember when i was a little kid, I loved winterfest. they had ice skating on the fountain and had shows in the paramount theater.

I am just not a winter person... and Halloween is the BEST holiday there is! Yes, better than Christmas. Plus, I believe that Winterfest has failed once, and will fail again. History WILL repeat itself! -Hauntguy

In actuality, WinterFest never failed. They discontinued it for many reasons but none of them was because of its failure. The park has done a ton of research before deciding to do this and I am sure all results said this will be best for the park. Also, FearFest will still happen. There is going to be 3 to 4 weeks between FearFest and WinterFest but you will see all the details soon.

Part of the reason they discontinued Winterfest, was because after Paramount took over, they extended the season all the way through October, which allowed for a shorter set up time. I am sure they had other reasons.

PKI and Paramount Parks have been doing surveys on Winterfest for several years now, so I`m sure they know what type of a response they will get. They have asked everything from what rides would you like to see open, to what type of food, activities, what dates you would like to see, how much you would pay, etc. Winter activities have been taking off quite rapidly in the last couple of years in Cincinnati. The Cincinnati Zoo has done Festival of Lights for years, ad has been a success. The Beach Water park a couple years ago started HolidayFest, which has grown in popularity, it seems, every year. I would imagine that Winterfest will allow PKI to not only receive a larger gate each year, but increase its revenue, and in turn, profits. While it is good for PKI, it will be good for us, because we will be able to visit the park and experience it in the winter again.

I hope they bring back the Eiffel Tower as a large Christmas tree! On a slight side note, they will most likely bring back the lights on the buildings on I-Street. In fact, when I was at the park tonight, as I had discovered about a month ago, one of the buildings actually has new lights. And they were lit. It was the Graeter`s building.

The staff on PKIC are great. They will give us the news when it breaks. It will be posted.

Of course we'll be there covering all of the action! Unfortunately, I doubt you'll hear any information from the press conference that you haven't heard or figured out on your own.