Ever been stuck on a ride?

TOPGUN1993

Guest faceoff

The only time was last summer on The Racer(backward side) at the top of lift

hill. I sat there about 15 minutes and then we started.

Tom rolleyes.gif

Define stuck?

Are we talking about something that has happened in the station that is holding us up, such as a handicap? Or mechanical failure?

I cannot recall really any time that I have been stuck on a ride, at least nothing major that I would remember...

Adventure Express used to be the KING of getting people stuck. . .well, except for King Cobra. You'd be in that last lift hill tunnel and the ride would just shut down; usually for loading difficulties, I assume. Sometimes the lights would even shut out on us. Sigh. It was the most suspense that hill ever generated :-)

Last time I remember getting "stuck" was WAY back in 1978 when we got stuck on the old Keel Boat ride hill for about 15 minutes. Got to see The Beast being constructed. But other than that, Ive been pretty lucky about not getting stuck on any major rides (knocking on wood)

Back in 2001, I was stuck on The Beast. The computer shut it down because it sensed a lack of air pressure due to a faulty sensor. We had just cleared lift #2, and there was a train stuck halfway up lift #1. The train that was ahead of us didn`t make it all the way into the station. We were stuck out in the breakrun for 15 minutes. Security was there, Fire and Rescue came. They tried to fix it, but after fifteen minutes, they started undoing our lap bars and walking us into the station along the catwalk, one car at a time. They were also evacuating the train on the first lift.

I also had a similar situation at Holiday World. It was the first day they had ran two trains this year, and we got stuck on the lift for five minutes. When we came back into the breakrun, the computer froze again, and they decided to remove one train. They ended up walking us into the station from the brakes.

I had a friend get stuck on Face/Off for 45 minutes....while she was facing downward.  They ended up getting exit passes.

What are exit passes? Thats goota suck.

PKI will sometimes give Exit Passes to guest who were stuck on a ride. Normally for Guests who were stuck and had to walk down from a lift hill and they didn't get to experience the ride they were stuck on. The exit pass then can be used to get on any ride thru the exit. I've got an exit pass once from Drop Zone when we were stuck at the top, and they had to pull us down very slowey. PKI ride ops however act like they do not know what exit passes are, we were no way allowed to offer these to Guests. They were only allowed to be offered by ride managers.

I know this may be a little off topic, but I got stuck on Cedar Points Mantis for close to one hour. It was in the final brake run just before the station. Finaly we were let out of the restraints and allowed to exit. All we got out of it was a lousy gift certificate for a Coke or Pepsi (which ever they serve). Would have been nice to get that drink while we were stuck on the ride because it was like 90 degrees or so that day. Dont forget, its a stand up coaster so I got to sit on a banana seat for an hour.

How would they fake them. If memory servers me correctly. The ride manager had to sign them? I don't ever recall anyone trying to fake them, tell me how people tired this.

well, most people fake them if they had them before. They would come up saying that they had one, but lost it and such. Others would make copies of them and change the date. We would sometimes have to call that manger to make sure they were real. People had their ways.

The only time I can remember being stuck on a ride was July 2nd on Congo River Falls. A photo eye right outside of the station got blocked, causing two boats to be sent out back-to-back. This in turn caused the conveyor to keep stopping - there were 4 boats on the hill, and there was too much weight on the conveyor (most likely a safety feature to prevent burning out the motor). I was only stuck on the hill for 5 or 10 minutes (maintenance came out and shoved the first boat off the conveyor (since it was about ready to come off the conveyor anyway), cycled everyone back around and shut down the ride again to fix whatever the problem was (my interpritation of the problem is a combination of what an associate told us and what I heard from other guests, so it may not be totally accurate).

I got stuck on the Wild Thornberry's River Adventure. We were going up the last hill and it stoped and our boat slid back right into another boat.

Also I got Stuck on SDATHC because a someone had to get off the ride because they couldn't walk. My score was very high becaause we were stoped where the organ is

And i also got stuck on AE in the tunnal because there was a train in the station and one on the brake run and we were in the tunnal. (3 trains)

I also got stuck very briefly on SDATHC once (might have been the same time you got stuck on it - I was stuck either near the pictures or near the "dining room" scene - don't remember). I managed to score 1320 that time. Oddly enough, I managed to score nearly as much a few weeks later without getting stuck anywhere (1290).

I've actually been stuck twice this year on both the Face Off and IJST. I've always heard of instances when Face Off failed to catch on the second lift hill and subsequently volleys due to lack of momemtum..but never did I think that I would be apart of it. We were stuck for about a half hour and had to be manually released from our harnesses individually. Afterwards we were taken down by a lift. And yes we all received exit passes. In terms of IJST, this actually happened yesterday...we ran through the ride but were unabe to exit due to the car in the station failing to initialize. That was about a 15 min wait...no exit passes.

I've been stuck on 2 rides

Beast -- 2001, second lift. It was pretty frightening as a severe storm was moving into the area, and there was cloud to ground strikes all around us. Little kinderlots were crying. They sent out a crew member to console the train, and he was instructed to move behind the train as they restarted the lift. I found that to be interesting. As soon as we got of the ride it began to pour extremely hard.

Tomb Raider -- 2004, Pretty much like everyone's elses TR break down

There was also the time I was on Gemini, and every train in the park with the exception of the one I was on stopped running. That was surreal, and it was even more surreal when we found out the entire east coast was out of power. Yay for being at CP on the day of the Great Blackout of 2003.