Flight of Fear

Oldiesmann

After riding Flight of Fear for the first time in several weeks yesterday (I've been really busy lately and haven't had enough time to ride it before work), I noticed several changes in the queue building. First, it appears that they've replaced the TVs and speakers - the TVs are no longer in those stupid "cabinet" things like they are everywhere else in the park, and they have two speakers now (one on either side of the TV) instead of a single speaker right below the TV. However, PKI also added permanent lighting in here, which is annoying in my opinion. Although you can see better in here now, the new lights are so bright that the special effects lighting has little to no effect anymore (no pun intended). When everything goes out, the building is still fully lit, so nobody "screams" anymore and the building isn't pitch black.

I'm sure PKI did this for safety reasons (who knows what people could do during the few seconds when the building is pitch black...), but it was the one part of the ride that has basically remained unchanged since it first opened. I still miss the fake fog and the nearly-dark ride building. Why'd they get rid of this?

I went late June and found out that the permanent lighting was not on the first day I was there, but the second day I went on it the lights were on. It did make a big difference in the overall 'experience'. But hey, the ride is still awesome and ten times better than Rock'n Rollercoaster. Lol that last corkscrew feels like a zero g roll when you sit in the back of the train because you go so fast; fyi haha.

I was there Saturday and the lights were on only when a superviser led people around the building when he open more turnstiles in the que. Then when he was done he turned off the lights. P[eople were screaming when the special effects lights went off like normal.

-Jake

Man, you havent been there in awhile. They did away with the fog a long time ago. The TVs are on the stands just like they were way back in 1996. The house lights are on now b/c of line jumpers. It got out of hand and FOF was forced to turn them on. Everynow and then, They'll be off. But your right, it does take away the affect of the show.

I know they did away with the fog a long time ago - I just brought it up because I liked the fog and thought it added a lot to the ride. I could be wrong about the TVs, as I've only ridden FOF one other time this year, when the lighting in the queue area was normal, so I didn't pay as much attention to the TVs then as I did now.

Yes you will really really hate next year because its more than likely that it will be re-themed. sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

No this can't be true, I love the FOF's themeing. It bulid's up the excitement, from it seeming like a real screct government Installation. With Alien's in tubs. laugh.gif

PKI could spend their money on a lot better things than giving Flight of Fear a new theme. Why fix it if it ain`t broke? I would much rather see a small to intermediate flat ride installed than new theming on Flight of Fear. Unless, it was part of a new theme for a new themed area.