Any one ever been to Carowinds?

• 2 weeks later...

Top Gun is better but I didn't think the Carowinds TG was much better than PKI TG. TG Carowinds is one of the shortest B&M coasters I have been on or it felt like it was.

I did like Carowinds, Its like going to kennywood.

ADMIN: Removed text, violation of respect for other members.

Yes, I have been to Carowinfs, two time in fact. In 2001 and again in 2003. If PKI had a ride like Top Gun at Carowinds, aka a B&M inverted, PKI would have one popular ride on their hands! I could ride the Top Gun down there all day and never get bored. While it is somewhat short, it is non stop thrills that never slow down until you hit the brakes at the end. One can dream of the day PKI decides to install one of these fine works of art from our friends at B&M. Ricochet is also a fun little coaster, that would fit perfectly in the nice plot of land where the Salt water circus once resided.

If you have a PKI pass, definantly try to make a visit down to Carowinds, you won`t be disappointed. Just be careful of the rain. They tend to be more sensitive to rain and shutting down rides then what PKI is, unless that was just a rare incidence with me. (They shut down the entire park three hours early in July because they were expecting to get some heavy rains.)

I don`t know. I had about as much fun on Ricochet at Carowinds as I did on Top Gun at Carowinds. Ricochet (similar to Primeval Whirl at Disney`s Animal Kingdom) is your standard spinning wild mouse, with quick turns and sudden drops. Throw in the spinning action of thecar as you go down drops and turns, and it is one, disorienting and fun ride.

If they were to add a spinning mouse, there is only one proper option. Forget Ricochet, they should install as I have been saying for some time a Maurer Söhne extended 3000. Although I have never been on one they look absolutly amazing and put a great new twist on your average spinning mouse.