My last day ever at PKI

YoungStud

Slow operations, ride ops slow as turtles, rides that are outdated and old, low low low capacity rides. I used to love SoB but it is no fun when going to ride it and no one is on the train with you. They need to burn the darn thing and put up something else. But if they do that they will put some half assed theme ride in its place. I wish PKI would sell out to Cedar Fair or six flags.

They could cut the wood up and sell for firewood. People in cincy will spend 5 bucks for a small bundle of wood out in front of kroger. They could make alot of the money back. I wonder if PKI thinks that IJST is themed better than expedition everest when it debuts,lol.

Awww you poor thing.

I work in retail, and I can't tell you the number of times, that I hear I'm never shopping here again. Only to see them in the store within a couple of weeks.

Like i've said before, you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything. Yeah it's okay to be upset with the park, but to be flamming them for everything is not right.

Yeah but look at it in in third person. The park has a boomerang, drop ride, launched indoor ride, an old woodie, lame themed rides, one nice flat, carnival rides, a huge heap of firewood that would heat all of mason for a winter, and a classic woodie built by previous owners of the park, but now it has been butchered with trims.

No great coasters, no coasters made by intamin or b&m. They need a coaster that is a people mover and not one like Vortex that is nearly 20 years old. They could have gotten a superman ride of steel hyper for the same price as IJST. It would have lines of 1.5 to 2 hour waits still being a capacity hog. Instead of IJST which has an hour wait for a low capacity ride so that shows that it is not popular. The 1 hour IJST wait people wise is compared to a 15 minute wait on a b&M.

And how many times have you actually waited in the IJST line with all three trains running? While it may be no Vortex capacity wise, it still moves a fairly good amount of people through an hour. In large part due to the crew doing an excellent job of minimizing the amount of empty seats ad utlizing single riders to compensate for groups of 3 and five.

tonight the trains were always stacking. the guy that operates the controls for the unloading station was lazy. After he walked down to open the exit gate, he took his sweet ass time walking back to the control board to press the button for the train could advance into the loading station.

Well, idk if all your braincells are working now. Wanting PKI to be sold to Six Flags, but in the other hand, you making fun of cheap themed rides really makes no sense. Yes, you are entitled your opinion, but I know very well that CP has the exact type of flat rides that they have here. Are you going to put them down? No. Rides by B@M and Intamin aren't the only good rollercoasters out now. Flight of Fear is a fantastic ride and yes, I have been on MF and TTD and rate it up there in terms of enjoyment and fun. The first part of that ride and the tale end felt just as intense as MF and TTD. I really dont want to go on about every ride and its uniqueness. You have a typical case of Local park hatred where you just got plain old bored with the rides here. I guess that is fine. But for those of us who love the park please keep that stuff to yourself. PKI is a great park and thrill wise, is right under CP. And by the way, what is with the 'rundown' rides thing you said. I have never seen rides better kept up than the ones here. Every old ride as well as the new ones are kept up well paint wise (except Top Gun). The trims on The Beast weren't nearly as bad as what people said they were going to be. The park is beautiful and something must be going right there for the attendance to be as high as it was last year. Goodbye to you and have fun at your cookie cutter Six Flags parks.

why are we even listening to this guy.. just lock the topic.. he's just trying to start crap.

to the guy who started the topic.. if you dont like PKI then get off the PKI fan site.. we all love it and your thoughts aren't gonna change our opinion of how much we like the park. probably no one was on SOB with you cause they heard a baby was coming down the queue and they didn't want to ride with a baby. so go suck your thumb and cry somewhere else.. we don't give a ccrap about your thoughts!

Yeah Kings Islands sucks, thats why they have the best attendance for any seassonal theme park in the US. KI doesnt claim to be the roller coaster capital of the world or the next Disney World. They claim to be a park that offers everyone in the family something fun and exciting and they do that very well. If you want record breaking coasters than go to CP or SFMM or if you are wanting themeing out the butt, head down to Florida.

I cant understand people that want everything to be perfect and when its not, lets burn the place down. Get a life and enjoy Six Flags censored.gif

I don't understand why some people ever return for a second visit if they have such a bad time. I love going to Kings Island, we drive from Columbus and we've been there 15 times just on this years pass alone.

Sure, everything isn't always perfect but the good always outshines any negative experience.

At the end of the season, I will remember what a good season it was, and by March I'll be craving the coasters.

Slow operations, ride ops slow as turtles, rides that are outdated and old, low low low capacity rides. I used to love SoB but it is no fun when going to ride it and no one is on the train with you. They need to burn the darn thing and put up something else. But if they do that they will put some half assed theme ride in its place. I wish PKI would sell out to Cedar Fair or six flags.

Why are you complaining about the rides? IJST and Launch Pad are the only new rides this year, and you've indicated that you've visited PKI in the past, so you should have known what to expect. You chose to come anyway. Not PKI's fault.

"Ride ops as slow as turtles" - ride ops have a lot of responsibility, and can't always move as fast as you'd like them to.

As far as SoB - did you really expect a large crowd on a Monday?

let me guess... you went on a saturday.

PKI is ALWAYS slow on a saturday. don't you go blaming the park employees for the slowness. blame your own stupidity for going on a busy day.

And, from personal experience, rides would go a LOT faster if fat people didn't try to cram themselves into coasters they know they can't fit on. rides would go a lot faster if parents would not try and sneak their kiddies on when they're too short. Rides would go a lot faster if people would obey the rules.

IMO rarely is a ride slow due to employee's fault. Usually it is the park guests not obyeing the rules that makes things go so slow.

as for "old coasters" did you completely over look the area called Action Zone? Those rides are not that old, and they're still a lot of fun.

and there is one "old" ride that is a legend, it's age is part of what makes it famous. it's called The Beast. it's old, but it's still fast, and still fun.

If you don't like PKI, we'll be very glad not to have you back. No one likes a whiner. It's only a matter of time before Six Flags gets to you, trust me.

and the fact that you went to KI alone says a lot. KI is always boring by yourself. Grow up, and stop whining. The world is not out to please you, nor does KI care what one person thinks.

"But for those of us who love the park please keep that stuff to yourself."

Again, the third reich returns to PKIC. This guy has a right to voice his opinion, even if he doesn't like PKI. You Nazis need to learn to accept everyone, not just the ones with the same view as yours. This is the same bull that you tried with me. Why does every thread and comment have to be a butt kissing one? You people act like that everyone should be pleased with every decision they make and that they make no wrong decisions. Trust me, they do, or there would be no Son of Beast.

and the fact that you went to KI alone says a lot. KI is always boring by yourself.

I find it to be opposite. But thats just me. I ALWAYS go alone. I have not been to PKI with someone at all this season. I have probably been 15 times, and all 15 of those, I have gone alone.

When you are alone, you do what you want when you want, however you want. When you go with someone, you always have to do what they want to do as well. Like stop and get food, ride the boring rides, etc.

I know that sounds selfish, but believe it or not, I use PKI as a get-away, I go there for self enjoyment, not for anyone else. Sometimes I will get off work, and just drive to PKI of a couple of hours and then go home.

Going alone to PKI is not all that bad.

and the fact that you went to KI alone says a lot. KI is always boring by yourself.

I find it to be opposite. But thats just me. I ALWAYS go alone. I have not been to PKI with someone at all this season. I have probably been 15 times, and all 15 of those, I have gone alone.

When you are alone, you do what you want when you want, however you want. When you go with someone, you always have to do what they want to do as well. Like stop and get food, ride the boring rides, etc.

I know that sounds selfish, but believe it or not, I use PKI as a get-away, I go there for self enjoyment, not for anyone else. Sometimes I will get off work, and just drive to PKI of a couple of hours and then go home.

Going alone to PKI is not all that bad.

Hey im with you 100%. when i go to pki i go there to talk to friends "park employees" i dont ride rides anymore. hey i go by my self all the time.

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes when u go 2 pki it sucks! i went one time the first ride i rode was Adventure Express. It was not as fast as it usually goes! It stopped on the hill! The Racer`s bar hurt my legs. Sob was rougher than ever! Fof hurt my neck! Vortex was closed! Beast was like a 3 hour wait and I had to sit all the way in theback. The only ride I ride in the front is Beast. But most days at pki is just plain wonderful and I never get tired of it!

I have one thing for anybody who hates PKI...be happy with whatcha got. There are some really less fortunate parks (PGA, somewhat PCW). Stop looking at the down sides of the park. Go to the park with a good attitude or stay the hell away from the place.

My biggest beef with PKI is how it is today vs. how the park was before Paramount took over.

KI was the cleanest park. It had state-of-the-art rides (i.e. Beast, Bat- then Vortex, KK, Flight Commander etc.) The themeing always looked well kept. International Restaurant was still an option. Now PKI vs. PKD is a different story. You can certainly tell that PKI is the flagship park for Paramount. I am not really sure how else to put this, but PKD just plain stinks.

I would like to see PKI take a page from BGW. To truely be a theme park- keep up with the themeing. BGW has only 4 coasters, yet the atmosphere is thrilling. The amount of time and care that the powers-that-be at BGW is easily seen. KI was there at one time, I would like to see PKI regain that quality.

offtopic.gif

I understand that it may be difficult for some to hear PKI insulted, bashed, or just put down, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. Some have made the arguement that "if you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all". I am not a firm believer in this theory. For any business to keep continuously improving, they need to hear the negative side of things. It's just that some people use more tact than others.

I totally agree! Who needs PKI!? They should just close the whole thing down!

Who needs a variety of exciting rides instead of just bigger, and faster copies of other rides with 4 hour wait times?

Who wants a park that is clean and spacious when we could try to jam as many rides and attractions into one space as we can?

What wants a park that actually has AFFORDABLE food!? Why should I pay $5 for a decent meal at Skyline Chili when I could get a burnt burger at Cedar Point for $10?

Why should I expect a park that actually makes an attempt at theming and entertainment when I could just pay $45 for rides that have no identity or personality?

And isn't The Beast overhyped? Sure it's a class act, an awesome ride through the woods that, under the right conditions, can be the best roller coaster ever. But...I mean...do I need that?

:-P

Here's a hint: get some friends, go to PKI with them instead of yourself (and why were you by yourself riding Ghoster Coaster, come to think about it) and stop whining. PKI aint Disney World or Universal Studios, but it's sure a step up from cookie cutter McParks like Six Flags.