You Are Invited.....

I just got an e-mail from the office of Mr. Steve Boehmker asking me to officially invite you to "Join us for a special, heartwarming announcement that will inspire memories and new holiday traditions."

We ask that you vote truthfully as to whether or not you intend to be at the announcement on the 25th at 10am so that we can assist the park in knowing what kind of crowd to expect.

Steve also asked me to communicate to you guys that at the end of next week, he will be making his grand finale at Paramount's Kings Island as he moves of to bigger and better opportunities. The staff of PKICentral.com wholeheartedly thanks Steve for everything that he has done to help us along the way. The site wouldn't have been what it is today without the assistance of Steve Boehmker. We'll miss him.

We'll have a blue Christmas without you!

Ryan Suhr

PKICentral

Media Director

i'm thinking that they will just say winterfest is returning on the 25. Then we will get maybe a teaser annocement towards the end of the week.

Steve is like Jeffs partner in crime is he not...?

Yes, the two rob banks on the weekends together and are always getting caught by the mystery gang from Scooby Doo.

Yes, the two rob banks on the weekends together and are always getting caught by the mystery gang from Scooby Doo.

Ryan: Now, let's see who kidnapped Chuck Cunningham from the Happy Days Diner...

Dane: Why, it's Old Man Seibert, the guy who runs the haunted amusement park!

Jeff: And I would've gotten away with it, too, if it hadn't been for you meddling coaster enthusiasts!

Ryan: Now, let's see who kidnapped Chuck Cunningham from the Happy Days Diner...

Dane: Why, it's Old Man Seibert, the guy who runs the haunted amusement park!

Jeff: And I would've gotten away with it, too, if it hadn't been for you meddling coaster enthusiasts!

Ryan: Excellent Scooby Doo ending, now let's do the mega happy ending.

I will not be there.

I will be enjoying my like, only day off this week.

Also, I have decided, that after 4 beautiful years, hundreds of rides, 2 boyfriends, countless paperwork, fewer hours of sleep, a few hundred friends, thousands of days, and a thousand priceless memories, August 27th 2005 will be my last official day working at PKI.

It is with great difficulty and excitement that I welcome the change, as you see, I begin teaching high school a few days after my departure.

Until then, you may stop and say hi, visit, and wish me luck on my journeys while I work at the Tower.

Good Luck, and God Speed.

Well, I haven`t heard from the park, but there was an article in the Cincinnati Enquirer this morning describing some of the details. $16.99 for 2006 season pass holders, $17.99 for general public. The train will be open, and the Eiffel Tower will once again be transformed into a Christmas tree. They will also have ice skating on the Royal Fountain, and a parade strecthing from Nick Central to Coney Mall. Read the article here

Yes, the Post has a nicely detailed article.

Sounds like fun, but in brief synopsis:

* International Street

- Ice skating on Royal Fountain

- Included in admssion, skate rental extra

- Skate witht he Nick toons at certain times

- Eiffel Tower as World's Tallest Christmas Tree, w/ enhanced light package

- Skyline Chilli to move to IS during Winter

- Live holiday themed show in Paramount Theater

- Crafters in the IS stores

- Paramount Story becomes christmas tree lot

- Carousel to operate

- WinterFestHaus to feature continuous live entertainment

- Scrooge's house next to Starbucks.

- Rivertown

- Train ride open with live actors - to be named "holiday junction" - that should be interesting as Museum Center uses that for their event name.

- Wings becomes Mrs. Claus Kitchen with holiday fare

Nickelodeon

- Character greetins in animation station

- HB Carousel open

- SCOODY DOO (and the Haunted Castle) to get Christmas overlay!

Then there will be the winter parade, supposed to be a nighttime afair.

Cost is to be $17.99 with specific day presale tickets which go on sale today and will guarantee admission on the date specified

Seasonpass holder admission is $16.99 for a "Good-any-day" voucher but does not guarantee admission if the park is "full" - seasona pass admission vouchers go on sale Aug 1.

walk up gate price to be $24.99 (if any tickets for that day remain)

Season to be Nov 25 - 1/1

---------

I don't know about anyone else but specifc day advance sale tickets for an amusement park??!!?? Given December weather in Cincinnati, and the custom fo going to an amusement park as beign an impulse decision, I don't know how thats going to work out.

I think it is a huge mistake to charge season pass holders $16.99...

It used to be included for free when you purchased a season pass for the next year in advance.

I probably won't attend because it's not worth $17 a person (when I will have already purchased a 2006 season pass) - to then also pay for parking - and pay for ice skating - and then food.

I also think that this will flop because of the season pass charge being so steep.

Yes, the 16.99 is a little steep for pass holders, especially since admission on the night you go may not be gauranteed, if they close it due to capacity. When they charged for Fear Fest the first couple of seasons, it was $16.99 or so for pass holders. I will definantly go once to experience it, as I was really young when they discontinued it. I wonder if the reduced price will also apply to 2005 pass holders or only 2006.

The price for ice skating is included with park admission. There is a fee to rent skates.

Does anyone else suspect that we are getting the lame Nickelodeon Tree Lot instead of a Nickmas because our Nick Central will be under a huge rennovation this Holiday Season? Just asking because Carowinds seems to be doing a lot more with their newly expanded Nick Central.

BTW, that train ride sounds like it will be a real holiday treat come this November, same with Scooby's holiday overhaul (reminds me of the Haunted Mansion Holiday at Disneyland). I'm still waiting for a full list of rides that will be open during Winterfest.