Wings

RailRider

I know this is probably a waste of time, but I am bothered by the themeing of Wings and how it does not fit in with the area it is in. Also it seems to be the most neglected resturant in the park. Honestly how many people even know that it exists.

I would love to see them Re-Theme it as an Adventure Outpost (Kinda Indy Jonesish), because WWC, TRTR, and The Beast are centraly located around it.

• 4 weeks later...

I highly doubt they will remove White Water Canyon. Why does everyone suspect that they will remove every ride? Granted they did yank the Eagles out, for no apparant reason other than to use it as a new ride at Carowinds. But Top Gun, Vortex, and not WWC have all been mentioned as possible rides to be removed.

As far as Wings goes, I have heard rumors that it may be transformed into a Nickelodeon Cafe, which would make it a more popular attraction for kids. I don`t know what they would do with the Montgomery Inn wings. Part of the problem with Wings is that it is more of an upscale dining establishment, but is not really in a good location. There is no signature ride or attraction near it that keeps guests in the general area. One of its advantages is that it offers a large indoor eating area. Only Wings and the Festhaus have indoor eating areas (with the exception of the small in door areas in Starbucks and Graeters and the Mexican restaurant on I-Street)

• 4 weeks later...

What is wings? Haha, I'm serious I go to pki alot, the name isn't familiar but I may have eaten there. Where is it? Everytime I go, we either eat at Montgomerys or Festhaus.

You can get good price chicken at MG! ANd the pizza from festhaus(laroas) is fair. I'm more of a papa john kinda guy than a Larosa's.

Don't care what happens to the theme or really the wings... If I'm going to pay that much for wings I'm going to the boathouse down on the River anyway- not at PKI. I don't typically think of BBQ when I think of KI anyway... more like the traditional junk food associated with a park. My only request, keep the building and it's AIR CONDITIONING for the rest stop on the hot summer days.... and now apparently the HEAT for the cold Winterfest days.

Has anyone been behide wings there is like tables and a little place to eat there is never anyone there. (it's like a picnic place)

200 POST !!!!!!!!! tongue.gif

I agree... it's a very quiet area. When you go the park as often as I do, you have those days when you just don't feel like riding stuff and you end up just hanging out in the oddest places like behind Wings, in Starbucks, under the Eiffel Tower, etc.

When I don't feel like riding rides, I usually hang out at home, or Ill ride the Train. Sometimes for the heck of it I go over and watch Slingshot. All those other people seem to get something out of watching to see whats going to happen when two people get in a ball, attached to four cables pulled tight by a bunch of springs. Had I not seen it for my self, I probably wouldn't believe it either. I always assumed they were pulled tight then gradually relaxed. I was astonished to see that the people are launched into the air! Then I had this strange compulsion to stand there and block traffic and watch it launch 50 times in a row!

Yeah - thats what I do when im bored at PKI...

• 2 weeks later...

''I highly doubt they will remove White Water Canyon. Why does everyone suspect that they will remove every ride? Granted they did yank the Eagles out, for no apparant reason other than to use it as a new ride at Carowinds. But Top Gun, Vortex, and not WWC have all been mentioned as possible rides to be removed.''

I dont see it getting taken out I see it getting rethemed.

Wings I have indeed heard that it will become a Nicktoons Cafe.

What do you mean if PKI`s food choices were better? They have Skyline Chili, who can go wrong there. (I know it is not some people`s taste, but IMO, it is delicious). LaRosa`s is another favorite and good pizza compared to some. And who can go wrong with Graeter`s Ice Cream? It has been in business for more than 100 years. And then there is Montgomery Inn Ribs, another famous Cincinnati eatery. While PKI does have chains, including Chick-Fil-A, and Subway, I am glad that they have the four local chains inside the park. It allows visitors from outside the Cincinnati area to have a taste of Cincinnati cuisine.

I do not think that I have ever eaten inside the Wings Diner.

What do you mean if PKI`s food choices were better? They have Skyline Chili, who can go wrong there. (I know it is not some people`s taste, but IMO, it is delicious).

What!?

Skyline puts Chocolate in the Chili!!

Why!?

Chili is supposed to be beans + Mean + Chili spices... thats about it...

Not even noodles, and especially not Chocolate...

Give me a good meat soup...

Chili or my Favorite... Burgoo!!!! OMFG BURGOO!!