2006-7's Ride

harvesterofyoursorrow

Here is almost solid proof of a 2006 or 2007 ride.

Click here and press Ctrl+F. Now type paramount. Hit enter and look at the movie that is displayed. Keep hitting enter.

This is what I found:

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days

Till Human Voices Wake Us

Hunted, The

Core, The

Better Luck Tomorrow

House of Fools

Man on the Train, The

Italian Job, The

Rugrats Go Wild

Northfork

Lara Croft: Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life

And now... Ladies and Gentlemen

(insert random movie names here)

School of Rock, The

(more random movie names)

Tupac Resurection laugh.gif

(more random names)

Paycheck

Now, out of those movies name all the action oriented ones...

Here they are! (along with their box office revenues):

Core, The ($31,111,260)

Italian Job, The ($106,126,012 [international:$175,826,012])

Lara Croft: Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life ($65,653,758)

School of Rock, The (kinda, was at hit) ($81,261,177 [international:$110,367,008])

Paycheck ($53,789,313 [international:$89,350,576])

And the movie with the higest revenue is...THE ITALIAN JOB! You wonder eh?

And in 2004, plans are made to make two coasters at PKI and PCW themed to it. A coincidence? I think not!

As for School of Rock, shows at PKI and PC (others?) are announced that are themed to it.

Thats just 03....

Now for 04 movies, here are the action oriented ones and their revenues...

The Manchurian Candidate ($65,948,711 [international:$66,489,178])

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow ($37,760,080 [international:$49,730,854])

Now, Manchurian Candidate isnt much of a theme park movie.

Sky Captain didnt get that much viewers.

This only leads me to conclude that we will either get a Sky Captain ride, or no ride at all in 06.

Just my oppinion. cowboy.gif

thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

^THe core was an awful movie that got terrible reviews, ratings, and low attendance. I dont think Paramount wants to them rides after movies that do bad. PC's Top Gun coaster was supposed to be themed to Godzilla but that movie did poorly and it was changed to be a Top Gun theme.

Ok, first of all I never knew that <CTRL>+F would result in a "find" window for HTML pages...that's going to be really useful!

Looking at this list definitely gives you an idea of what Viacom stock holders have been complaining about related to Paramount Pictures' performance over the last few years. Nothing on this list could really be classified as a "blockbuster." Even at a worldwide gross of $175M, IJ pales in comparison to some of the bigger movies that year (i.e., "Finding Nemo" at $865M worldwide...)

Interesting, while it grossed less, "School of Rock" was actually a more successful movie than IJ... It grossed $110M worldwide on a budget of $20M. To be as profitable, IJ would have had to gross $330M to match the same margins.

Some of the movies' performance was awful! "The Core" cost $85M to make and only took in $31M! (Granted...it was a BAD movie...I turned it off about 20 minutes into it on HBO.) "Sky Captain" cost $70M to make and only grossed $50M worldwide. Tomb Raider #2 also cost more to make than it took in...

Conventional logic would agree that the bigger a hit a movie is, the more likely it will be to spawn a theme park attraction. However, in the world of new media synergy, maybe that shouldn't always be the rule. For example, "Sky Captain" may have bombed at the box office, but maybe a well-done theme park attraction could not only be a hit at the park, but also generate new sales for the DVD, thus giving a boost to the franchise that Paramount has already invested $millions in... Look at how successful Disney's effort translating an attraction into a movie was ("Pirates of the Caribbean"). It's an interesting topic if nothing else...

Thanks for posting the link to this web site. It's some pretty interesting information.

Joel

As far as using it to project a '06 or '07 ride? Yeah, I agree it's a little off the deep end. (Although, I did find the box office results interesting on their own...)

We're during that lull time of year for enthusiasts...the excitement of the new attraction has worn off, and next year's attraction hasn't been announced for everyone to start obsessing over yet biggrin.gif

If you don't have a clue about what they are doing next year, you need to stop posting about what you would want and think about what you are going to get.

There has been some hints that would give you the general idea of whats coming.

I think they could just come out and tell all and you still wouldn't know. laugh.gif

PKI and PGA will receive Nickelodeon Central expansions next year with the addition of Mrs. Puff's Crash Course Boating School. Carowinds will receive a waterpark expansion with the Crocodile Dundee's Boomerang Bay makeover. As for PCW and PKD, I haven't a clue laugh.gif

Yeah the core was pretty cool. I think they should do like demon drop at CP have it take you up and push you out and push you forward like on Tomb Raider when you hang over the water and you hang forward looking towards the ground and then they suddenly drop you and you go underground alittle bit and then set you back up and then go backward onto a place that would take you back to the station and you would exit. Sounds and rageous and kinda hard to follow but still would be pretty cool if you get what im talking about.

^The Core didnt do well at all in theatres, and before you say that doesnt matter, go look at RCDB. Carowinds Inverted B&M (now known as Top Gun) was supposed to be themed to Godzilla but after that movie did poorly, a top gun theme was used.

Id like to see a Hustle and Flow stunt track! Your cars are a crappy cadillac with a sound system that only plays bass and you go by drive by shootings!

Dunno why everyone wants a tall steel coaster if you want to ride one so bad go to CP for crying out loud..the core was awful most people want to forget about it I would like to see more family type stuff.

Speaking of tall steel coasters, does everyone miss that coaster called "Vortex"? I know its really hard to see *note sarcasm* but for crying out loud, its over 150 feet tall and has 6 inversions.

^The Core didnt do well at all in theatres, and before you say that doesnt matter, go look at RCDB. Carowinds Inverted B&M (now known as Top Gun) was supposed to be themed to Godzilla but after that movie did poorly, a top gun theme was used.

The thing I find odd about that is the fact that Godzilla is a very well known media property...probably one of the most famous movie monsters there is. Regardless of how poorly the movie did (and, it was a pretty poor movie), people know the name "Godzilla" even if they had never heard of the more recent US movie.

In fact, I would imagine that if you added up the revenues from ALL the Godzilla movies ever made (however many hundreds there are), it would far surpass Top Gun's grosses.

I understand what you're saying, but I think if that's really the case Paramount Parks were sort of short sighted in their planning...

Actually I've heard there is supposed to be the 3rd longest wooden roller coaster being built in 2007. It might replace Vortex (which is sinking), Top Gun, or Adventure Express.

There is a pattern. Every 4 years there is a new small attraction and every 7 years there is a new big attraction. 2000 was Son of Beast. 1999 was Tomb Raider. 2003 was Delirium. Now 2005 is Italian Job.

Best Rides.

1. Beast (definatly because its the longest after 26 years of terror)

2. Tomb Raider: The Ride

3. Flight of Fear

4. Delirium(been 29 for the longest time)

5. Son of Beast (way to rough)

Actually I've heard there is supposed to be the 3rd longest wooden roller coaster being built in 2007. It might replace Vortex (which is sinking), Top Gun, or Adventure Express.

There is a pattern. Every 4 years there is a new small attraction and every 7 years there is a new big attraction. 2000 was Son of Beast. 1999 was Tomb Raider. 2003 was Delirium. Now 2005 is Italian Job.

Best Rides.

1. Beast (definatly because its the longest after 26 years of terror)

2. Tomb Raider: The Ride

3. Flight of Fear

4. Delirium(been 29 for the longest time)

5. Son of Beast (way to rough)

There is NO pattern.

Remember we've installed coasters three years in a row.

99- Face / Off

00- SOB

01- Runaway Reptar

So again in closing, PKI doesn't have a pattern.

As far as what's coming, those who know, don't tell. Those who tell, don't know.

"Actually I've heard there is supposed to be the 3rd longest wooden roller coaster being built in 2007."

The third longest wooden coaster is being built in 2006 at Holiday World. It's called the Voyage.