7/23 short, hot visit

italianchef

Today I took Mrs. Chef and Baby Chef to PKI today for the purpose of seeing the Nickelodeon Parade. Before it began, Mrs. Chef and Baby Chef began suffereing from the great heat. They suffered enough that they needed cool water on their heads. Anyway, we saw the parade, which was VERY cool. I noticed several new characters and floats this year.

After the parade we went to Emporium, where I purchased a new PKI shurt. Then Mrs. Chef and Baby Chef cooled off in Festhaus while I rode AE. Due to the heat, which my family couldn't handle, we went home after that. Perhaps I handled the heat better because I am 100% Sicilian, my ancestors are from a hot, hot island.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

chef.gif

We went yesterday too. We arrived around 9:30am and left at 10:15 pm. We rode Face Off, SOB, FoF, Vortex, IJST, and SDATHC all before noon. After Vortex we went out to the car for some lunch and water and then back in for Drop Zone and the water park.

The water park was packed!! We rode 2 water slides and hung out in the wave pool until 4:45. We did have a run in with a guest in the wave pool and I thought it was going to get ugly but the lifeguards were quick to step in and help out. After that we thought it was best to head back over the main park.

We hit Top Gun, and a few smaller rides and then for the best in the park, The Beast. We wanted to ride it in the dark so we got in line at 8:30 and were told that it was an hour and a half wait, but it turned out to be a 40 minute wait. Oh well, the ride was still awesome!! We didn't get to see the parade but I think we will head back down next week so I can see it.

Over all it was a great visit. Another great day at PKI.

I went on the 25th for the WinterFest announcement. Got to the park around 9:30, went to the Paramount Theater and once the announcement was over walked back to Beast and walked right on. Ended up leaving after that because it was to freaking hot. Left around 11:00.

Anyone know why IJST was shut down that morning?

Drink lots of water! Glasses of ice and ice water are free at the food stands if you ask for it. It's just a small Coke cup, but still! You should also eat at least something, like a bag of chips, while you are in the heat. Not eating and drinking will cause you to go down in no time with this heat. Don't forget to relax in the stores or find a ride that is air conditioned (like TR and FoF), or sit inside Festhaus. Cool down often! You can eat and drink in the ride lines too, just throw it away when you get to the station.