Fearfest 2005

hauntguy

Ok guys,

I know some of us are HUGE Fearfest followers!! Like myself! lol! But, if you don't feel like waiting for the annoucement I have a hint of information for you...

I have been told by an EXTREMELY reliable source that PKI is going to add an entire scare themed area for Fearfest. Were, I don't know... but What? I do! Let me just say that... HEADS WILL ROLL!!!

Happy Haunting,

Hauntguy

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, like Cedar Point... like Knott's Scary Farm... like Universal's Halloween Horror Nights...

That's if PKI hires the actors... but I know for a fact that the props and outside "dressings" of a scare area will be there! Happy Haunting. -Hauntguy

I have just been told that a ride from PKI may be reversed for Fearfest... that is from a "not-so-reliable" source...lol!! Remember, just a rumor there... could be totally wrong.

Yes, I have toured every Fearfest attraction... my favorites are(in order):

1. Sleepy Hollow Horror

2. House of Darkness (I just love the classic haunted houses)

3.Museum of Horrors (PT make-over)

4. Circus of Horrors (Guy who owns the company that built it is a CLOSE friend of mine...lol!!)

5. Maze of Madness

6. Friday the 13th (show in Paramount Theater)

7. The Freezer (it was just...COOL!!!!)

8. The Sewer in 3D

9. Trail of Terror

10. Elvira's Superstition

That's my list of Top Ten Fearfest attractions... The Circus of Horrors is a great attraction, but not really... scary. It certianly has the cool and wierd factor, but lacks in scares! Happy Haunting. -Hauntguy

I went on the Scare Zone at Cedar Point, and was scared to death. They have a tunnel that you go in there were monsters and the fog was so thick. I hope though they add this since they don't have people walking in the park.

-Jake

Well, I can think of one ride they might run backwards. But I don`t really see PKI doing it. Especially since this particular ride is not normally open for the nightly portion of Fear Fest. It will be interesting to see all the details the park has planned for its Holiday events this October and December!

Here guys,

I thrown together a quick teaser video...

http://rapidshare.de/files/3320306/Fearfestteaser1.mpg.html

It's nothing fancy, but I believe it gets the point across. If any site wants to host this or have it playing... I give permission to use it. I don't mind!

The coaster that was mentioned to me is that PKI would either run BOTH trains on The Racers backwards or one train on The Beast backwards... But I don't believe this, as it is just a rumor.

Enjoy the vid... Happy Haunting. -Hauntguy

I don`t see what the point would be of reversing all the train on The Racer. Additionally, I personally would not want to see them turn a train around on The Beast. While it would be interesting to ride it backwards, I do not see the park doing this. Why mess with a ride that has absolutely nothing wrong. The rride I was refering to was Top Gun. Six Flags Astroworld turned half of the cars on their arrow suspended coaster around. It would be more interesting, IMO, to ride Top Gun backwards then The Beast. That being said, I do not think PKI will be running any additional coasters backward at FearFest this season.

The link you provided for the teaser video does not seem to link to the video, or the website you linked to has reached its bandwith limit. I couldn`t read the text because it was in a foreign language.

Since FearFest 2003, all passholders, both Gold and non gold, get free unlimited admission to Fear Fest (which will not be the case for Winterfest). Also, general admission pricing is the same as throoughout the rest of the year, and it includes admission to all FearFest attractions.

This year, FearFest will mark its return on Friday nights from 5 to midnight. I am not sure what the pricing will be on these nights. Also, the haunts will not be open Sunday (All the kid activities on the Fest side of FearFest will be open, however) due to them being open on Friday instead.

Thanks for hosting the video. I think it will be interesting to see what changes the park introduces for Fear Fest this year. Last year it was Sleepy Hollow Horror, the year before that was Route 666. As has been said before, hopefully they a scare zone on the midways, with some heavier fog, akin to how it was back in 2002, when their was a seperate gate charge.

PkiJake13,

I am quite knowledgable in video editing and just through this together really quick. The music is from a CD called "Van Helsings Curse"... the track is "Tubular Hell".

I would love to see a train on TG get turned around... that would be SO fun!!!

From what I have been told the entire "area" will work around the Sleepy Hollow Horror attraction. This could be in the same area as last year, but actually using all that land for theming or maybe theming rivertown as Sleepy Hollow and having the attraction in a portion of "Wings" or behind Tomb Raider? There are a few possibilities!

How was the video? Happy Haunting. -Hauntguy

Hopefully they do bring back the fog and add the haunt zone like at CP and IOA. I was affraid FearFest might get cut or half done because of the decision to bring back Winterfest and using the extra time to gear up for it. We will see what truly happens. I hope they will make FearFest bigger because of the upcomming winterfest and with the addition of Great Wolf Lodge. The bigger the Fall and Winter attractions the more guests PKI can bring into the resort.

I think that they should actually charge for Fearfest... not alot... but enough! Maybe like $10 or something. That way, Fearfest can continue to grow and expand until it is able to produce an AWESOME/INSANE show without the extra cost!!!

But it won't be to long until me get some good info. on Fearfest this year! They have already put in the Ezine about the auditions! So annoucements or the Fearfest site launch can't be too far away!

I only wish that I was on staff at PKI becuase I have so many small ideas that would make Fearfest 200x's better than what it is! Maybe even better than HHN!!! Just my thoughts! Happy Haunting. -Hauntguy

FearFest, IMO, has been continuing to grow quite nicely the past couple of seasons. The reason why I believe they charged admission for the first three FearFest`s was to recover some of the initial costs of buying the haunts. However, from what I have heard, they are making more money once they made it free to pass holders and free with the purchase of general admission than when they were charging for it. One big reason, is that there are more people in the park, for a longer amount of time, so they will spend more money on food and games.

I think the reason SFAW turned their 1/2 cars on their arrow suspened backwards is because that ride isnt very thrilling to begin with and even with the cars backwards it still sucks. I would love to see rivertown recieve a sleepy hollow theme and to run The Beast trains backwards, you could change the music on the speakers on the hills and put speakers out in the woods to make it more halloween themed.