Fearfest 2005

hauntguy

Personally, I would not want to see The Beast turned around backwards. Why mess with something when it is not broken? While it could be cool, I think it could also be a verry violent ride backwards, especially for first time Beast riders.

What would make you think The Beast wo uld be any more violent backwards? I can tell no difference between the roughness of the backwards racer and forwards racer. They wouldnt have to put all The Beast trains backwards either.

My reply....

Whip lash?

Or is it called whip slash?

when your neck goes forward then flips backwards? yeah you know what I mean.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steven is right... The Circus of Horrors will not be getting as much of a "treatment" as some of the other haunts. As you all know, last year they finally painted over the facade to really make the name stand with the haunt. The old facade was title "TerrorVisions in 3D"... a haunt by Halloween Productions.

Also, the add-ons of new mirrors, carpet, props, and some minor touch-ups on the interior paint. So the Circus has had it's make-over. Last year also shown some minor improvements in all the haunts. By adding more props, new rooms, more actors, etc.

If anyone remembers a part of the "Maze of Madness" was actually at the end of "House of Darkness"!!! Also, the bugs on the walls, the crunch on the floor (HOD), and the dark rooms with the foam swimming pool toys were also added.

Several new props were added to the trail... and all of the haunts had some form of products from Oak Island Productions. They did a great job!

But this year... a little more of the "touch-ups" will continue. The addition of scarezones and MORE actors will be noticable. Fearfest will start to cover more (if not all) of the park.

No rides will be turned around (rumor)... but expect to have an awesome Fearfest this year! -Hauntguy

"I think they should turn around Face/Offs trains, it would be so cool.

-Jake "

Haha, yep!

"I think the easiest roller coaster to turn around would be The Beastie. Everytime I've been this year I've only notice one train on the ride. Maybe they are retro fitting one of the other trains. That or they will run the Rivertown train backwords. Maybe that's it. If they are having ghouls and ghosts come at you it would be scarier when most of the seats are facing backward. This would also be so simple to do. "

Your probably right, but I hope not. This a ride for kids. Backwards its nota beastie, its a racie?

"I think they should use the que line for WWC as a haunt, because it is so long, dark, and very wooded. I think it would lend very well to a haunted path type attraction. Also they already have the gates in the middle so people could easily exit at the end and wouldnt have to go all the way to WWC. Just an idea, but look at it next time your in line. "

With the wall on your left side? Nah, that would be a waist. Only one side of terror= half the thrills

"I would love to ride FOF back wards lol. But then again I think top gun is geting turned backwards. Or may be The Beast. "

I hope it is top gun, but It would be cool if it was fof or Vortex. They both ave head rests.

Who ever said we should walk thorugh WWC, I think that is a good idea! Until I read whats under there. They could put something over it, like a dark pathway up hill? Idk it was worth a post.

"The park is usually in full operation during Fearfest. This is of course with the exception of Crocodile Dundee's Boomerang Bay, which closes for the season on Labor Day, and White Water Canyon which usually starts winte rehab in September. "

To be honest I don't like Croc. Dundee's BB. They have only 2 good slides, the rest are very dull and average. The new one that goes in circles has to be one of the worst slides I've ever been on. The Beach blows CDBB away in my opinion. The only reason croc has more people is because its attached to an amusement park! Swim then go ride rides.

Sorry for so many posts before this one, I didn't think I'd have much to say, but was I wrong!

"My guess, is that PKI would renovate the Paramount Story into a cornfield themed scare area... like Universal did for HHN! But I could be wrong... PKI might not even use the CornStalkers theme? We'll see! -Hauntguy"

That would be crazy! I'm all for it.

"I'm hosting the video on my webspace for now.

The link to the video is:

http://www.showbizcentral.net/misc/video/F...aser1.mpg" Yu made that? W/o pki's help? Thats crazy! Is it legal to take pieces of the film like that? I don't care, bt just for your safety.

That should be there official thing, its awesome. Good job.

Sweet, we get cornSTALKERS!! I went to HHN (Halloween Horror Nights) down in Orlando and they had cornfield-themed maze called "Field of Screams". But it wasn't all that good. The actual talent sucked, and there were NO scarecrow monster actors! WTF?!

Speaking of which (I'm sorry to post this when we're talking about Kings Island's FearFest), you ought to see what Universal's done with this year's HHN; it is truly a freaky concept:

Halloween Horror Nights '05

^When you get the chance after the little film, click on the book on the upper-right corner on the main site, then click on the book on the table in the living room cene. When you get there, click on the weird symbol on the map in the lower-left corner of the screen to hear the backstory behind HHN 15; it is truly scary!

I just checked on the FearFest site again, and it still says they are doing "finishing touches." I hope to God that they update the main FearFest site today, and not make us wait another day. If Canada's Wonderland's FearFest site is up and running already, why isn't ours?

To pass the time, here is my review of Fearfest '04... Hope this will "tickle some hiars"...lol!!

Fearfest '04

Overall, this is one of the best years in Fearfest history at PKI... of course, it cannot match with the first year, but this is really good! The park decorations are OUT!!! I have to applaude PKI for going all out on the exterior theming of the park for FF. From the coffins, "Hack-o-laterns" all the way to the drooping erosion cloth. PKI is really trying to turn Fearfest around... and I must say it is working.

The useal range of "scareactors" were out in the park as night fell. Some would even drop to their knees and scoot on the ground at you! The proper placement of metal on the talents knees created a "sparking trail" type of effect as they neared you. Really cool!

Of course the fog was everywhere... thick too! But what I missed was the lighting. PKI still left the normal (white) lighting up and ON!!!! Big NO NO!! Now, don't get me wrong, PKI still had themed lighting on the Eifel Tower and on the facades of the attraction.. but the overall ambience lighting I missed. Maybe next year (this year).

Now to the attractions:

Sleepy Hollow Horror:

This is an AWESOME addition to FF! Built by Oak Island Productions from Tampa FL.. this haunt is one NOT to miss! The detail inside this haunt is amazing, right down to the last bail of hay and swinging head. The actors, top notch... and the scares, well, let's just say I jumped!

More than once!

House of Darkness:

In my view, the second best haunt at FF! Some new props and scenes entered the haunt this year... even a portion of "Maze of Madness" was found at the end. This is another great haunt that PKI does a superb job on. Another "must see" haunt.

Circus of Horrors:

This year, PKI took the time and repainted the facade to fit the theme... about time and good job! This haunt is always fun to go through. Packing the "startles" and the "cool-factor". Built by Halloween Productions Inc. of St. Loius... This haunt is a 3D attraction that will amaze and dirorient.

Maze of Madness:

Another fabulous haunt with an awesome "cool-factor". This chainlink maze is sure to get you lost in it. Not only getting lost... but large mirrors, fog, crazy actors and a constant strobe will only add to the mix. Several new props where found here and maybe an addition of more fencing! Another "not miss" haunt.

Dracula's Castle:

This thing sucks! and I am being nice on PKI's behalf! It was good to see the old PT animatronics up and running again, but that is the only thing worth seeing with this attraction! Bring back Elvira!!!!

Curse of the Crypt:

In the past this was an outstanding haunt... but in '04... WHAT HAPPENED!!! Now, I know that haunts are supposed to be dark... but this was TOO DARK!! It actually took away from the haunt. I came out of that attraction ****ed! I would skip this one!

Psycho Path:

Another great improvement on PKI's behalf. New scenes, new props, new scares... this will get you RUNNING through the woods. I loved the acting and the fact that you are in the backwoods of PKI is creepy enough... but hearing people scream all around you (attraction and rides)... it's just awesome! Don't skip this one!

Jason's Most Extreme Cuts:

This was really fun... and gross! Located in the Paramount Theater, this film highlighted Jason Vorhee's most grusome kills in his movies. NOT FOR THE WEAK AT HEART!! There were times where even I had to turn my head! This bloodfest for Jason fans cannot be missed! The only problem I see was the times... may I suggest more showings throughout the night!

Overall, Fearfest '04 was awesome... great fun, great scares... I can't wait to do it again!

Hope you guys enjoy that! -Hauntguy