Fearfest 2005

hauntguy

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I would not want to see The Beast turned around backwards. Why mess with something when it is not broken? While it could be cool, I think it could also be a verry violent ride backwards, especially for first time Beast riders.

What would make you think The Beast wo uld be any more violent backwards? I can tell no difference between the roughness of the backwards racer and forwards racer. They wouldnt have to put all The Beast trains backwards either.

^ I thought there was some mechanics of the train that would have to be changed for it to run backwards.

-Jake

Indeed, I'm not sure if the brake fins are offset on the trains or if they are centered, but the chain dogs would have to be moved, as well as the fingers would have to be reversed, which wouldnt be too bad to do. Either way I dont see it happening though.

The chain and anti-rollback dogs are on one assembly under each car. They would have to be reversed. The brake fins are connected to the old skid brake shoe on the right side. They too would have to be moved. The brackets that trigger the block sensors would need to be moved to the opposite side of the train also.

For Fearfest PKI should drain WWC  and turn it into a haunted walk like CP did to the Thunder Canyon which is the same as WWC.

Does anyone think this ????  wink.gif

WWC will be drained by oct anyway..... but no I dont think it's a good idea WWC has major dropoffs and gears and stuff.

Gold passers get in free, correct?

Last year our 2004 gold pass did not get us into fearfest. PKI gave free admission to fearfest with our 2005 season pass. We got a heck of a deal on our 2005 passes because we bought them so early. If I am remembering correctly our season passes expired at the end of September so if we wouldn't have bought them we would of had to pay to see fearfest.

I think they should use the que line for WWC as a haunt, because it is so long, dark, and very wooded. I think it would lend very well to a haunted path type attraction. Also they already have the gates in the middle so people could easily exit at the end and wouldnt have to go all the way to WWC. Just an idea, but look at it next time your in line.

Last year our 2004 gold pass did not get us into fearfest. PKI gave free admission to fearfest with our 2005 season pass. We got a heck of a deal on our 2005 passes because we bought them so early. If I am remembering correctly our season passes expired at the end of September so if we wouldn't have bought them we would of had to pay to see fearfest.

I got in last year with my 2004 Seson Pass, we went in the middle of october. So they didn't expire in September, they just want you to think that I guess so you will go ahead and my your next years pass.

-Jake

I think the easiest roller coaster to turn around would be The Beastie. Everytime I've been this year I've only notice one train on the ride. Maybe they are retro fitting one of the other trains. That or they will run the Rivertown train backwords. Maybe that's it. If they are having ghouls and ghosts come at you it would be scarier when most of the seats are facing backward. This would also be so simple to do.

Just my thought.

That's not true, last year both 2004 and 2005 passes were accepted for Fearfest.

That's not true, last year both 2004 and 2005 passes were accepted for Fearfest.

I guess I misunderstood what PKI was saying when I got the e-mail. Sorry.. next time I'll keep my mouth shut. dry.gif

I guess I misunderstood what PKI was saying when I got the e-mail. Sorry.. next time I'll keep my mouth shut. dry.gif

It's an understandable mistake. They make a big deal about the fact that you get Fearfest for free with the next year's season pass.