Fearfest 2005

hauntguy

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It`s called they are only in their office during normal business hours.  And, you shouldn`t be bothering them with when they will finally get the FearFest website online. I`m sure they will put it online when they are fully ready to.

Yeah, they'll probably put it up in another week or so "when they're fully ready", knowing PKI. wink.gif

So, really, why is it that Canada's Wonderland FearFest website has been up for the past two weeks, yet PKI's didn't even make the deadline of the 7th? Is it seriously "that good" to keep us waiting that long, or are they just cramming stuff together at the last minute 'cause they forgot (just a thought)? sad.gif

If the site isn't up by midnight, I can just check it in the morning. If it's not up in the morning, then we can all get mad at PKI. jerry.gif

Yeah well it looks like we must wait another day to see if the can Finish up these touches or not. I agree the website builds excitement, plus it also gets patrons in the park because they know a little bit of what to expect at FearFest. People are not going to cough up the money if they dont know what they are paying for.

Two things.  How does the FearFest site or lack thereof affect how much fun you have at FearFest?  Also, how do you know if the site will have a nice atmosphere or not if you haven`t been to the site yet since it has yet to be launched?

1) Because as RailRider said, people are not going to pay 35 bucks a ticket if they don't know what they'll be experiencing at FearFest (even though a vast majority of park guests don't even know there's a FearFest site.)

2) All FearFest sites are the same, they just have different park names at the top of the site. You would know if you saw the sites last year; they are the exact same site design. Also, PCW's FearFest site is already up; chances aree everyone else's will look exactly the same.

This is just sad. Having to wait three days after an expected release just for some "finishing touches" is completely sad. We really only have two weeks left before FearFest opens, and we have yet to see the actual site or a FearFest commercial on TV (at least I haven't seen one yet). I wouldn't be surprised to see people complaining if they don't get the site up by Sunday.

Oh yeah, one more thing: PKD's FearFest site still has the old "coming September 7th" sign on their page, and Carowind's Scarowinds site isn't up yet, either. And I don't think Winterfest is a good excuse for why we can't know about FearFest for PKI or PC. sad.gifdry.gifmad.gif

1.) the site tells you what fearfest is. It's kind of like a movie for example. Say they don't have anything about movie, no preview, no synopsis. Are you going to go and see this in theater if you don't know what it is?

Also, te site makes verything more interesting, it gives me something to look forward to besides school and hw.

2.) Last year there site had nice atmosphere, and the Canada's w has nice atmosphere.

Thays why

Well, they already have the banners up in most of Rivertown, Nick and HBL. Also, on Labor day weekend, they had some early theming up in Coney Mall. The thing that I miss the most from FearFest 2002, is the amount of fog machines. In 2002, Coney Mall was littered with them, and the midway from Flight of Fear all the way down to Vortex was full of thick fog. That made for a very eerie feeling to the park. Not to mention the night I was there, natural fog had enveloped most of The Beast.

Still not on the official site though sad.gif

But maybe soon...?

Edit: Just watched the TV on that site and it says Kings Dominion, But has Kings Ilsand's name on the site. LOL

Edit: Edit: Just went thru the entire test site. Very cool and the attractions look great and some of the classics are coming back. Also, there is a "hidden game". Got to look hard for it! Have fun!!! biggrin.gif

Edit: Edit: Edit: Okay okay. Just one more edit to go. Just went to www.pki.com/fearfest and found this: "Today. Just a few more adjustments. Really.... " It's almost up....

So according to that site, Circus of Horrors, Maze of Madness, Psycho Path and Elivira will be back. Then new, or slight rethemes on the existing attractions are: Fun House Express (the former House of Darkness I presume, Massacre Manor (the white tent next to Paradise Island treats), and Headless Hollow (the old Curse of the Crypt spot). That leaves R.L. Stine`s Fear Street as the scare zone. Sound like fu!. Anyone know any details beyond what is on the site?

The quality of the FearFest and Winterfest sites are really good with the flash animations and all!

So according to that site, Circus of Horrors, Maze of Madness, Psycho Path and Elivira will be back.  Then new, or slight rethemes on the existing attractions are: Fun House Express (the former House of Darkness I presume, Massacre Manor (the white tent next to Paradise Island treats), and Headless Hollow (the old Curse of the Crypt spot).  That leaves R.L. Stine`s Fear Street as the scare zone.  Sound like fu!.  Anyone know any details beyond what is on the site?

The quality of the FearFest and Winterfest sites are really good with the flash animations and all!

Headless Hollow is not located in the old spot of Curse of the Crypt. I cannot tell you anything more.

From the test site, Fear Street is the House of Darkness, and Fun House Express is in the Action FX Theater. I also believe that Headless Hollow will be in the Paramount Story area, but I'm just guessing.

That sounds awesome that R.L. Stine is getting in on FearFest; Goosebumps was an amazing book series. This looks to be the best FearFest we've seen yet!

From the test site:

Top Gun: The Jet Coaster

You will love Top Gun's six stomach-swirling inversions-plus its many tortuous twists and distressing drops

We are getting loops on Top Gun for FearFest!!!!! rolleyes.gif LOL

Anyways.......yes Fear Street is the old House of Darkness with some new twists. Headless Hollow is the new Sleepy Hollow area/attraction that is in a new area that I won't tell wink.gif Massacre Manor is the new name of the Sleepy Hollow attraction from last year. And there will be a new scare zone called CornStalkers.....but you'll have to wait for more information on that cool.gif