Antique Cars New Location?

Dolt932

Ok so everyone here knows they still have the antique cars at the park. Everyone I know is in hopes they get put back in the near future. Problem! Upper management is unsure where to put the cars if they do get put back in. The Antique cars have a very large turning radius and can not take very steep hills. Anyone have any suggestions?

Yes, I am sure they already have a spot for the cars, if in fact they are returning. They will most likely install new engines in the cars, and refurbish them so they run like new. I have a feeling that Nick Central/Hanna Barbera Land could see some pretty radical changes for next season. Hopefully they go the route they went in 2003, and add something for kids/families and something for the thrill seeker. Only time will tell what the park does.

There used to be a car ride in the back of HB land. This ride wasthe same kind of ride as the ride we are talking about. I don't believe that the land there has been used. I would think there is a good chance that is where they may go. No inside info. Just speculation.

Yeah HBL will nolonger be around come 2006 it will be Nick Central along with a few NEW rides but as for the antique cars I havent really heard anything new in a long time makes me wonder if they are coming back at all and dont look at nick to be all thats coming in 2006.

There used to be a car ride in the back of HB land. This ride wasthe same kind of ride as the ride we are talking about.

You're probably thinking of Fender Bender 500 - similar concept, but that's about it. The way the ride operates is much different than that of the antique cars. Riders have no control over the cars, and it's all powered by electricity, not gasoline.

The ride I am talking about was operated by the driver just like the tiques. It was back behind where Reptar and the Maze is. It just seems like you could put a similar ride there. Just speculating. Sunshine Turnpike sound right. It covered a lot of space.

No one knows for sure what the tiques will be used for. I think were all jumping into pretty big conclusions saying they will be re-located somewhere. No one knows how many tiques are still around and if they still work. THe tiques ran on gasoline which is pretty expensive these days and to run a bunch of cars continuously on gasoline all day, every day throughout the season is jsut a drain on park expenses so we're probably not gonna see the tiques again. If we see the cars again it will probably be theming in some new attraction or possibly the cars of a new attraction but nothing like they used to be. I remember reading abotu the toonpike concept, just my opinion.

THe cars were neat for kids and families, but face it. THey were a drain on money and we all know PKI is about penny pinching. A lot of you need to grow up and realize that keeping all the old stuff isnt what works all the time in this industry. If Nickelodeon showed all the show from my days all the time, only my generation would watch it and the nwer kids might not care for it. PKI has to keep entertaining new audiences. What most kids are into today, is not what we were into. What adults did in the 80's is not what adults are doing today. Its like everyone is cryign because HB is getting removed. Yeah its sad, I have memories from there too. But, HB isnt as popular anymore. If it wasnt for Scooby Doo a lot less kids would know about it. Nickelodeon is far more popular than HB. Ever wonder why theres a Nickelodeon parade and not an HB parade? And dont say kids still are into HB. Sure, most of the members on this site who have kids turneed them onto HB but most kids have no idea who Jabber Jaw and Magilla Gorilla are. When I worke the HB carousel I always see parents saying "Do you wanna ride on Jabber Jaw or in Fred's car?" the kid always replies "who are they? I want scooby". Yeah its sad to see some of that stuff go, but PKI has to entertain new audiences.

See some of you say that old rides aren’t any fun and we need to get new rides in that are. So what are you sayen everything has to be top thrill? Look at how many ground rides Cedar Point has that are fun as crap to ride. Come to think of it don’t they have like three sets of cars exactly like antique cars? And im sorry but not everything new is thrilling. The first time all we mechanics rode IJ we were done with it. With antique cars it was like 6 minutes of tryen to run the car off the rail even tho you knew you couldn’t, or shofering your girlfriend around.

Andrew

P.S. If you asked me the perfect place for IJ would have been between racers and Flight of Fear.

While I don't know whats going on the both sets of Antiques. While walking to the picnic grove you can see alot of the old Quick Draw's Railway trains setting next to the area where the floats are at now. I will be at the park next week and I will take a picture. Also looking at the cars they did not get a new paint job from I could see.

See some of you say that old rides aren’t any fun and we need to get new rides in that are. So what are you sayen everything has to be top thrill? Look at how many ground rides Cedar Point has that are fun as crap to ride. Come to think of it don’t they have like three sets of cars exactly like antique cars? And im sorry but not everything new is thrilling. The first time all we mechanics rode IJ we were done with it. With antique cars it was like 6 minutes of tryen to run the car off the rail even tho you knew you couldn’t, or shofering your girlfriend around.

Andrew

P.S. If you asked me the perfect place for IJ would have been between racers and Flight of Fear.

ohmy.gif we could of saved the flyers!! I wounder why they didn't do that?