King Cobra

bdboy007

the drum is another term for the Spaghetti Bowl... the SB is another term for the building the FOF track is housed in.

Are the still in there? I was walking along maintenance row with a Park Adm. employee back in April and saw one train on skids and asked what they were doing with it, and he said that he thought the trains were getting conditioned, parted, and sent to NC to another coaster, presumably Shockwave at PKD.

Whatever that's all worth.

the drum is another term for the Spaghetti Bowl... the SB is another term for the building the FOF track is housed in.

offtopic.gif

Actually, that is not entirely true, the SB is the actual term used to describe the track's orientation, because it looks like a big wad of spaghetti... It's sister at SFA outside Washington D.C. is outside and also termed a SB. The building is just a building, this is all purely FYI though, no hard feelings.

"I was walking along maintenance row with a Park Adm. employee back in April and saw one train on skids and asked what they were doing with it, and he said that he thought the trains were getting conditioned, parted, and sent to NC to another coaster, presumably Shockwave at PKD."

I think you mean Virginia, not North Carolina. PKD is in VA and Paramount's Carowinds in NC has a B&M stand-up. biggrin.gif

I don't care which was better. I would have like to have ridden KC before it was torn down. I think with all B&M coasters that are four across kind of feel crowded when you ride them. So I imagine KC left you feeling much more vulnerable.

They could never put king cobra back up because when they tore it down, they didnt take it apart piece by piece, they just took a cutting torch and sliced it to pieces. The other pieces are back behind the water reserve right down the road from where the Haunted Trail is during fearfest. (where the fireworks are launched)

Screamin demon is at camden park but has been defunct for many years, the ride is irreparable, there are holes rusted through the rails and everything. To find it just search Thunderbolt Express.

Camden Park took out the Thunderbolt Express this year. Also PKI had King Cobra was up for sale on a website that sells used rides, so they must have taken it down so it could be put back up again and operate. If anybody can find that site post it, I will try to find it.

-Jake

I doubt they were selling it as a whole ride, i have been back to where it is stored and it was definately cut apart with a cutting torch. They could have been selling the extra parts and stuff as spare parts for togo rides, but the only really good pieces of track that are left are the ones by sob. The others are all screwed up. Plus do you realize the daily repairs that went on at the king cobra, they had to re-weld things on a daily basis. Plus with Togo out of business, I dont think anyone would want to buy a 20 year old ride with no manufacture to buy parts from. You're right about screamin deomon though, i guess i havent checked in a while.

Scream'n Demon was taken down and scraped. I have a friend who works at Camden and they was trying to sell it but basically, they were told it was very unsafe, and in too much need of repair. I heard a private collector in Ohio bought the cars from Camden but I have no proof, only what I have been told. KC was a great coaster when it was built but with all the problems it had it was starting to get dangerous to operate.

Camden Park took out the Thunderbolt Express this year. Also PKI had King Cobra was up for sale on a website that sells used rides, so they must have taken it down so it could be put back up again and operate. If anybody can find that site post it, I will try to find it.

-Jake

They were probably selling it as spare parts or scrap metal.