New Ride in 2006

screamingnight

I`m sorry abou what I said aboiut winterfest.  Once I go to it I will probabaly have the time of my life!  But Kings Island needs more faster and higher rides!  Their last fast high speed coaster was sob and that was 2 years ago!  Kings Island needs another looping coaster!

2 years ago? I thought it was five... Besides I'd much rather ride the shorter and slower IJ:ST than SOB any day. Also "more faster"? okay, maybe if you use actual grammar you will be rewarded. Also, when it comes to the best looping coasters in the world most people think of B&M. Most of their coasters are only around 120 feet or shorter and only go around 50 some mph, which I would hardly call fast or high.

I`m sorry abou what I said aboiut winterfest.  Once I go to it I will probabaly have the time of my life!  But Kings Island needs more faster and higher rides!  Their last fast high speed coaster was sob and that was 2 years ago!  Kings Island needs another looping coaster!

2 years ago? I thought it was five... Besides I'd much rather ride the shorter and slower IJ:ST than SOB any day. Also "more faster"? okay, maybe if you use actual grammar you will be rewarded. Also, when it comes to the best looping coasters in the world most people think of B&M. Most of their coasters are only around 120 feet or shorter and only go around 50 some mph, which I would hardly call fast or high.

I think he meant more rides which are faster and higher, not rides that are "more faster".

A looping coaster like the one in hershey! That goes like 70 mph and it goes upside 3 times! Kings Island could build something like that! Your right SOB was built 5 years ago. Sorry about all the errors I just joined this forum yesterday!

I assume that you mean Storm Runner? Yes, it would be very nice to see PKI get a coaster like Storm Runner, although also very unlikely. Storm Runner is the future of Intamin launched coasters, not TTD or KK which are more novelty items than actual coasters. Something like Storm Runner with a couple more inversions, a little faster, and a couple thousand more feet of track would be an amazing ride that I would love to see at any park.

I honestly think that PKI dosn't want a ride like Top Thrill Dragster...To me it's a great ride don't get me wrong but it's too short and the lines are too long. If they want something that will attract way more people and be worth the money, then they need to build a ride like Millenium Force. That is the greatest ride in the world i think. Don't remove anything just branch out a new area out back by FOF and put a Millenium ride and something really different like the Adam's FAmily ride that has been mentioned and in my eyes the park would be very well rounded.

I think they could remove Top Gun and put a drop coaster there! In case you don`t know whata drop coaster is it is a coaster where at the top of the hill you stop and then drop 90 degres!

dude, its a dive machine. What PKI needs is a large steel out-n-back. I would even have a intamin jr. hyper like expedition geforce. A steel out n back would have 3-4 hour lines its initial year unlike IJST which has been no more than 2 hours. Plus a steel out n back would have around the same height requirement as ijst,lol.

First off, people need to stop complaining about not having a hypercoaster. A hypercoaster is defined by consisting of a drop over 200', which we have, in Son of Beast... sure it's wooden, but none the less. Also, in my opinion Top Gun will be staying, as I'm sure ALL of you know, because you all know EVERYTHING, in the Kings Island newsletter earlier this year, it mentioned Top Gun being repainted. As far as 2006 goes, since this topic is posted all the time, we can just rest easy knowing that Hanna-Barbara Land will be no more and that a Nickelodean based expansion will occur, re-enter 'Tiques rethemed. All of this answers the questions being asked, hope this helps all of you that just simply put two word posts rolleyes.gif

A steel out n back would have 3-4 hour lines its initial year unlike IJST which has been no more than 2 hours.

And that's a good thing?

Anyways, I seriously doubt that a ride would have in exess of a three hour line. With the exception of Outer Limits, which opened with only one train, no ride in recent times at KI has had that long a line. Large steel coasters typically have a pretty high throughput.

You are right FOF1996. We can expect more heavily themed, boring coasters for the next 20 years. Although, IMO, there are no more Paramount movies left worth theming anything to. So, they will probably use some crappy Paramount movie that you won't remember in five years.

^I disagree. Sure, PKI may never get a 300 foot coaster but it doesn't matter. If I want to ride something like that I make the 2 hour trip north. Still with the themeing, I consider FOF fairly heavily themed, although it could use refurbishing and FOF is one of my favorite coasters at any park. Also TR:TR is my favorite flat at any park outside of Disney which although not a coaster is heavily themed. I also find IJ:ST very fun for what it is. I don't know why everyone complains about IJ:ST, everyone I've ever ridden with has liked it, and these people were all the GP which is Paramount's focus, not the people on this site that just love to b*tch and moan all the time.

And for what it's worth Paramount truely does know how to run a business whether you "know it alls" like to believe it or not. PCW's attendence increased 20 some percent last year and Paramount had the number 1 and 2 attended seasonal amusement parks. Sounds to me like Paramount knows what it's doing so everyone should lay off. Plus, for all you people who think Cedar Point is god and does every thing right take a look at attendence. They are down once again this year a 4% decrease from last year and last year was a 4% decrease from the year before, even after installing MaxAir and Castaway Bay and having as many here would claim "the best coasters ever". So although I would love like everyone else to see a huge steel coaster at PKI everyone needs to shut up because right now Paramount is the most succesful seasonal theme park chain in the country, whether you agree with how they do things or not. With their continued success I'm sure they don't give a sh*t what you whiners think.

Also come on people Paramount isn't stupid. They know about the B&Ms and the Intamins and have refrained in most part from installing them. Why is this you ask? Well right now they can take a smaller, cheaper ride, add themeing and then name it after one of their movies. This way they not only advertise their movies but they also save money on paying for huge rides and the GP so far has been eating these rides up just as much or even more than the steel monsters at other parks. It makes perfect sense in every way as far as Paramount is concerned.

Ummm, Castaway Bay is not going to attract more visitors to Cedar Point. It wasn't meant to.

And I disagree with you, joker. IJ, TR, boring. If I want real theming, I'll go to Disney or Universal, not PKI. Paramount doesn't have any good movies left to theme to, so now you get a bunch of rides themed after crappy movies. And just because some of us don't like some of their recent installations doesn't mean we can't voice our opinions. This is not kisspki'sbutt.com, in case you hadn't noticed.

^Well you can hold your opinions that you find TR:TR and IJ:ST boring, I never said you couldn't. I was just saying that what they are doing is working better than any other amusement park chain at the moment. You can't argue with that. They are pulling in the most people and making the most money which is all that matters to Paramount, let's face it I agree that I'd love to see a giga a PKI but it just isn't going to happen because how they are doing things is working great as far as they are concerned.

Also Castaway Bay is meant to attract visitors. It's meant to give Cedar Point more of that "resort feel" that they are going for. That's why I saw 3 commercials in Gerogia for Cedar Point when I was down there advertising Castaway Bay and Cedar Point as a restort destination, so yes it is meant to attract more people. Also it's meant to get more people to stay the night so they'll attend the park 2 days instead of one. And no this isn't kisspki'sbutt.com but you have to give them credit where it is due and recognize that it is working better than Cedar Fair's aprroach, whether you like it or not. And along your lines this isn't called let's b*tch and moan about everything.com either, in case you haven't noticed.

Castaway Bay was added to attract year round visitors, not specifically to CP. CP already has a resort feel with Hotel Breakers, the Campground, and Lighthouse Point.

I will give PKI credit for trying, but that doesn't make them great attractions. So, what other Paramount movie will be the next one themed to? I can't think of one single good one.