Vortex

screamingnight

Actually, the original poster said nothing about Vortex sinking, just being removed. I don't want to see it go, but with PKI, you never know. I didn't think that they would remove King Kobra since it received a new paint job two years before its' demolition, but we all know what happened there.

Actually, the original poster said nothing about Vortex sinking, just being removed. I don't want to see it go, but with PKI, you never know. I didn't think that they would remove King Kobra since it received a new paint job two years before its' demolition, but we all know what happened there.

No one ever thought they would remove the Flyers either, but look what happened. One day it will be there and the next it is removed. Nothing is safe anymore.

If they would just redo the trains and give them lap bars like FoF and SOB it would make Vortex so much better. My head gets so bumped around on the ride it's not even funny. Other then that it's a great ride.

On a side note, Vortex was stuck today with 2 trains on the track. One on the first lift and one on the second. Does anyone know how long they were stuck? We gave up and got out of line after about 5 minutes. It was so hot today I felt so sorry for them stuck in the sun.

why would you give up after 5 minutes?

Because we are in a family competition with our children. We are tracking who rides the most rides this year and standing in line for more then that and not knowing when it would come back up is not practical. You can't win a competition just standing around!! Also the lines were not very long today and I have already been on it 9 times this year. laugh.gif

If they would just redo the trains and give them lap bars like FoF and SOB it would make Vortex so much better. My head gets so bumped around on the ride it's not even funny. Other then that it's a great ride.

On a side note, Vortex was stuck today with 2 trains on the track. One on the first lift and one on the second. Does anyone know how long they were stuck? We gave up and got out of line after about 5 minutes. It was so hot today I felt so sorry for them stuck in the sun.

I agree with you it is a great coaster but they need lap bars! biggrin.gif

On a side note, Vortex was stuck today with 2 trains on the track. One on the first lift and one on the second. Does anyone know how long they were stuck?

The train on the second lift is still there; we simply can't figure out how it got there.

..matt

The train on the second lift is still there; we simply can't figure out how it got there.

..matt

I may not know the correct term for where it was stuck but I think you know exactly what I was talking about. I do have other things in my life that are a little more important then coaster terminology.

You realize that is almost impossible. The Vortex is Arrow technology, and fof is premere. They couldnt "re-do" the trains, they would have to purchase new ones from premere. Its not worth it, they would have to contract the redesigning of the trains. Plus if they did do that, its going to be one more ride that larger guests can not ride. The ride is fine how it is, just sit in the front of a car and quit complaining. If it hurts your head then dont ride it.

Plus if they did do that, its going to be one more ride that larger guests can not ride. The ride is fine how it is, just sit in the front of a car and quit complaining. If it hurts your head then dont ride it.

First off maybe the "larger guests" should go on a diet so they can fit properly into the cars. If they are that much over weight it probably is not safe for them to be riding in the first place.

Secondly I was not complaining about the ride. In my original post I said it was a great ride so back off

People stop fighting! At PKI the new focus is Hollywood. Now name a better spot in the park to put a new one of a kind coaster that will draw crowds like a Hollywood blockbuster. The best spot in the park is Vortex. That coaster has the ultimate Kodak picture spot, right there at the boomerang. Much less the ride is almost 20 years old, it did open in 1987. With Arrow gone, well for the most part gone, parts can't be the most inexpensive in the world. Why not get rid of it and make room for something new. I love Vortex but I'm all for something better and newer.