IJST4PKD

OMFG No! Italian Job: Stunt Track is coming to Paramount's Kings Dominion in 2006. Why, why, why! What did I do?! Im really upset right now. PKD made another bad move! Im extremely mad right now at pkd. I don't even what to think about IJST coming to pkd! Picture of prooth. My life is over. mad.gifsad.gif

user posted image

Could it be a fake? huh.gif

I'd have to go with fake on this one, even though it is also on coasterbuzz which usually deletes fakes, but still I think it's fake. PKD may be getting IJ:ST but I think that sign is fake. They would hold a press release and have all the other glitter and bs to introduce it like they always do. They wouldn't just put it on a sign without a press release first. And by the way, IJ:ST isn't that bad, but PKD could use a decent coaster with an actual lift hill.

I didn't even make that pic. I sort of belive it but more of not beliveing it. I hope its not what pkd gets in 2006. PKD deserved a new good coaster.

Why? The way I see it you guys have gotten Hypersonic and Ricochet since 2001, PKI has recieved Reptar and IJ:ST. I think PKD has the better of that situation so I don't know what your complaining about. PKD has a meager 2 million guests per year compared to PKI's 3.5 million a year. If anyone deserves a big sweet coaster its PKI more than PKD. Then again looking at all the Paramount parks, PGA deserves a new large coaster if for nothing else out of pity. They are by far the worst in the franchise and have had two major coasters removed without having one added. Both PKI and PKD should count their blessings that they aren't the red headed step child.

^The only reson why pki has more attendance than pkd is because its in a better location and because of your Boomerang Bay make over. Hypersonic? You've got to be kidding me. I'd rather have IJST than that peice of crap! So... what about Ricochet, you got Tomb Raider: The Ride that year then in 2003 you got Delirium and we got Drop Zone. In 2004 pki got Boomerang Bay and we got stuck with Scooby-Doo & The Haunted Mansion. Then in 2005 pki got a roller coaster and we got Tomb Raider: Firefall which are kinda = to me but pki's cost more! In 2006 I don't look forward to seeing IJST and my buds overthere right now on his cell phone with aim on. No poster about it. The IJST4PKD rumor is false!

^The reasons don't matter in the least, PKI is still getting much better attendence, therefore making much more money and therefore should get much more money spent on it. I wish Paramount ran it the Cedar Fair way, the amount of money you pull in is directly related to how much you get. Paramount seems to try and spread it fairly evenly amoung 4 of the 5 parks which is annoying if your PKI but a good thing if your PKD.

For the record, IJ may not be the most intense or extreme ride, but it is a great family attraction. Its a ride that people dont have to get flipped around and rocked back an forth to enjoy. The special effects and tunnels make it just a fun attraction. I've worked the ride all season and 98% of everyone that gets off loves it. Especially little kids riding with their moms, dads, and even grandparents. Paramount parks are really aiming to please a more family oriented crowed.

• Like 1

I didn't even make that pic. I sort of belive it but more of not beliveing it. I hope its not what pkd gets in 2006. PKD deserved a new good coaster.

Why? The way I see it you guys have gotten Hypersonic and Ricochet since 2001, PKI has recieved Reptar and IJ:ST. I think PKD has the better of that situation so I don't know what your complaining about. PKD has a meager 2 million guests per year compared to PKI's 3.5 million a year. If anyone deserves a big sweet coaster its PKI more than PKD. Then again looking at all the Paramount parks, PGA deserves a new large coaster if for nothing else out of pity. They are by far the worst in the franchise and have had two major coasters removed without having one added. Both PKI and PKD should count their blessings that they aren't the red headed step child.

I think personally if any Paramount park needs a big coaster, it's PCW as well. I mean look at us, our tallest attraction is Drop Zone.

However, I am not one of those that belive since its 200+ft its a good ride. I mean I would love a hyper, or mega, but I am not holding my breath, even though PCW has one of the better attendance records out there. I mean last year (or the year before I cant remember) our attendance jumped 30+percent.

• Like 1

Geauga Lake is a horrible example. It has changed hands several times in the past couple of years and when it was run by Six Flags they destroyed it's fan base with over priced tickets and horrible service. Now Cedar Fair has to reestablish the fan base that it lost, which takes a while. Also, if you happened to look Geauga Lake is an exception getting $25million in expansion in two years. Cedar Fair will help a park out if it is really ailing (Geauga Lake) but typically due it as a ratio of how much you make is how much you get, which is perfect logic. That is why Cedar Point recieved 3 coasters costing a total of $60 million in a 3 year span, they were pulling in a lot of people, so they got a lot of stuff.

And PCW Nut, your right PCW could use a large coaster, but you guys have recieved 2 coasters in 2 years so I think you may have to wait a while now. Although as you said with your increased attendence, which is now very close to PKI's I think PCW should continue recieving expensive investments.

When IJST was announced at PKI there was a conference and a whole big display by the fountains, they wouldnt just put up one small sign at PKD. IJST isnt bad, its no TTD, but its a decent coaster. And maybe just like the Tomb Raider rides they will make improvements for PKD. Our Tomb Raider has obviuosly had a lot of downtime and problems where as PKD's seems to do good. Maybe paramoutn will learn from their mistakes with IJST and fix the one at PKD IF IT DOES GO TO PKD. Only time will tell.

PCW has most coasters out of all the paramount parks. (14)

Yep, PKI has 13, PKD has 12, PC has 12, and PGA has 8. But that's not the point. Quantity doesn't matter in the least, it's all about quality and PCW could use some quality coasters. Their two wooden coasters and IJ:ST are probably the closest things they have to world class. I'd much rather go to Holiday World with their soon to be 3 amazing wood coasters because all three are or will be amazing. Like I said quality, not quantity.

Yes, most of PCW's coasters are absolute jokes.

Whats up with the Demon out at PGA? RCDB says it has 4 inversions and that the corckscrews were replaced with vertical loops. So are there 4 vertical loops or are the corckscrews still there and two more vertical loops added elsewhere?

Edit: Ok I just read that the two airtime hills were replaced with two vertical loops. Has anyone ridden this coaster? Is it any good or does our Arrow, Vortex, blow it out of the water?

One of the biggest reasons Italian Job is so popular is that it is new. Give it a few seasons...

And IJST goes faster and is has more extreme elements in it than Adventure Express - ie. LIM Launch, Helix, High Bank Turn, Surf Curves. However I like Adventure Express better. This has nothing to do with me being an ACEr.

In five years IJST will not be NEARLY as popluar as it is now. It is such a hit and has such a long line cause its new and everyone wants to ride it. But once people get used to it - it will be a been there done that type deal. Sure people will still ride it alot, but the only days it will have LONG lines will be when the park is crowded, such as bring a friend free day. On normal days it will have fairly short lines.

Right now the four busiest rides are FOF, IJST, TRTR and DZ. In two years it will go back to being FOF, TRTR and DZ - and the new coaster if there really is one.

The thing that sucks about IJST is that it cannot be adapted to another theme. How long does Paramount think the movie Italian Job is going to stay in the public eye?