I wish

TOPGUN1993

I bet it was just shortened, and let go to censored.gif

You know, it's sad to see that tunnel go to such waste, too. Before I was a thrill junkie, I never went to PKI, except as a young, young child. But I still remember the days when I was at PKI as a 6 and 7 yr. old, walking through that tunnel. For some reason, that, and sitting on the little stone brick walkways between what is now Vortex and IJ:ST is all I can remember...but that's probably because I was always too afraid to ride anything.

The ivy covered tunnel was shortened when HB was renovated in 1998, and not moved. Its a shame they shortened it, and made it only a shading device for tables. It was cool to walk through the ivy covered tunnel. Not to mention that it provided quicker access to the heart of Rivertown, without having to pass by the very busy food stands in HB. Also, it provided a large cool place for people to sit and relax away from the summer sun. To think that the other end of it was replaced by a dumpster and food/drink carts.

With the exception of a few parks (Disney and B.Gardens). Pki is by far one of the nicest looking and well kept up parks in the country. Having just gone to C.P yesterday, I noticed how run down everything is (Rides needing paint, paths in horrible condition). PKI may not have the same look as it did 20 years ago but its still a great looking park.

The ivy covered tunnel was shortened when HB was renovated in 1998, and not moved.  Its a shame they shortened it, and made it only a shading device for tables.  It was cool to walk through the ivy covered tunnel.  Not to mention that it provided quicker access to the heart of Rivertown, without having to pass by the very busy food stands in HB.  Also, it provided a large cool place for people to sit and relax away from the summer sun.  To think that the other end of it was replaced by a dumpster and food/drink carts.

I really miss that tunnel and I simply can not understand the logic for removing it as a passageway. It was a really great landmark. I know one of the goals for the 98 renovation of HB was to provide more shade for people eating, but that was a not a good way to go about doing that. The tunnel was really nice, and I vividly remember the twinkling white lights that the tunnel had at night. I still miss it...