Yep. Holiday World is sure to have two huge winners on their hands next season. Just look how popular SDATHC is with the kids!

On a side note, I am becoming less and less willing to ride SoB. Because when ever I go on it, I come off aching from the rough ride. Ever notice how it has really short llines anymore? The park needs to do some work on it, or I believe it will eventually be removed due to low ridership/high maintenance costs. Unless they retrofit it with the Intamin plu and play track! (One can dream can`t he?)

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will try out Sergeant Alvin York's technique. He said when you have a pack of turkeys flying - you take out the one in the rear first, then work your way up the line. Same trick works on Nazis too apparently... laugh.gif

Oh please tell me you have seen Sergeant York. CLASSIC movie!!!!!!!!

Yeah it is awesome. I would rather do LEGEND though! It's purple and fast and really a blast so sit up right, hold on tight keep your eyes open wide and enjoy your ride on THE LEGEND! laugh.gif

So were they filming Raven or what? You said something about filming Voyage - which from those new pics in Holi-Blog is coming together quite nicely...

user posted image

Okay, The Lift is about 105ish foot tall.

Explanation of stuff...

The Crane is next to the first drop... 165 foot upon completion.

Lower in the picture is the valley just before leaping over the bottom of the lift hill... SWEET!

Then at the edge of that portion, you see a LARGE amount of concrete there... Chain House.

By the way, The station will be not one, not two, but three stories tall!!

Yes, the 1st and 2nd floors are for Coaster Maintenance... and PLC.

Now, the moment you have been waiting for...

To the right of the lift... is the second 90 degree turn... w00t

and it will be surrounded completely in structure, so that lift hill wont be narrow... it will be HUGE!! The last tunnels are being built now, and the earlier tunnels are being dug out too, a culvert has been placed for the nearby creek to continue flowing, it will stay there, and be under a semi-helix turn just before running through the brakes at, not 30 MPH like Raven and Legend... but 40 MPH, and will have a neat brake sequence to not throw you to a stop like Legend, it will have more fins... but they wont be so hysterical with the Linear G's.for those of you familiar, there is a service drive for employees located between Wave and Raging Rapids, that will be RIGHT AGAINST the structure for Voyage...

I can't Wait!!

-Legend (ahem, VOYAGE!!) Rider

there should be a 200 ft crane on the scene befoe long... then Phases 3 and 4 can get started, phase 1 is barely 1/4 done, and phase 2 is just barely started,

1> Lift hill, Hill#2, Hill#3, and turns under them, all the way to the station

2> Station House

3 & 4> Nobody really knows the actual boundaries, but there is a lot of stuff out there, so im assuming its pretty evenly divided...

They are doing an excellent Job...

user posted image

I still think those wood coasters with the steel supports look odd... But I guess what matters is how fun they are to ride.

To tell you the truth, I think the steel beams are perfect. If you think of it, this ride will have alot of moments when you feel like your going to hit the beam, and it being steel that should make it really fun!

To tell you the truth, I dont like the steel either, but I hear it cuts down maintenance costs, and at the same time, insurance, think about how much insurance must be!!

I personally like how wood looks just nice at lattice-like, except SoB, looks like crap, sorry, I just dont like how SoB's structure looks, the X's zig zag, and it looks weird, it shoudl be like Shivering Timbers, Raven, Legend, Beast, Racer, Beastie... etc. in the structures for those, the cross braces are supposed to be perfect 45 degrees, and they are rather, NOT on SoB...

Voyage looks great but it wont beat Thunderhead down in Dollywood. wink.gif

Says you, I hear many believe it may be an instant #1 or so...

Plus Thunderhead is #1, so it might be competition, but look at the Banking, The Heights, the SPEED!!

3 trains! Its Huge, and Fast, Tunnelicious!!

THUNDERHEAD IS AMAZING THOUGH

I think this would be the best place to keep a construction update, would anybody be interested in me making a Construction Journal to keep up with construction?

It would be in a totally different topic if I also did the Unknown Coaster at Beech Bend, which will be nice...

I will currently keep a photo construction journal here on PKIC, so dont drool too much, I do that already...

I can continue to get pictures until roughly the end of October, and then anytime I am able to see my girlfriend, she lives up in Indiana, so its easy to make a pitstop, but I cant get hugely cool pictures until I get to go on a tour of it, in march or april, w00 it will be neat...

OMFG, I cant Wait to ride the Voyage!!

Care for another?

This is a turn taken (coming toward you) just after making the second 90 degree banked turn, wow!

user posted image

220 Days left...

...And I cant wait, tomorrow wouldnt even be soon enough...

HA HA HA

Maybe it would, if Holiday World's Excellent Wood Coaster team werent there, but as you know...

And also, SoB's track is pretty rough for the fact that it has Steel Coaster Trains on its Wood Coaster Track...

Need I say more?

Nope...

Voyage will please riders and Keep them coming back for more...

I cant wait!

Maybe it would, if Holiday World's Excellent Wood Coaster team werent there, but as you know...

And also, SoB's track is pretty rough for the fact that it has Steel Coaster Trains on its Wood Coaster Track...

Need I say more?

Nope...

Voyage will please riders and Keep them coming back for more...

I cant wait!

Son of Beast is rough because of its design. And so what if it is using special trains. They are wood coaster trains... They are built like steel coasters, but they are definately designed for use on a woodie. And would you rather use a PTC on Son of Beast? Do you have any idea how much WORSE a PTC would be??? rolleyes.gif That is assuming it could even handle the stress - which is why they had to get special trains in the first place.

They had to use the Premier Trains because PTC trains would not have survived the stress on them. But assuming they could survive going around Son of Beast without being destroyed - they would HURT.

Just cause Holiday World uses PTC trains on their coasters doesn't mean thats like the official right way to do it...

So quit hatin...

ahmagawd

It has been undeniably noted that PTC trains are used on most coasters...

One reason PTCs arent used on SoB is because...

...PTC DENIED ALLOWANCE TO USE THEM

...They didnt allow Paramount to get them, lol

Plus SoB Needed Extra Weight in every Car, they are almost 2X Heavier than any other wooden coaster train,

Plus I like the fact the wood coaster train is made of wood.

---

Must this be a fight?

I personally just didnt like how Scooby said it would end up being super rough in time, that wont happen due to excellent maintenance over there.

And the think about ThunderHead, Lets just see how it goes, DollyWood can bask in

Thunderhead's Glory for now, but I know for a fact that there are many enthusiasts drooling over pictures, and pining to ride...

...This could be a #1 in its first year, but who knows, It might make best new ride of the year though... LOLz

Any way it goes, Nobody can deny that it will be an excellent ride.

It will be an excellent ride. I am just saying PTC trains aren't the only trains out there. If you rode Son of Beast with a PTC train you would be begging for the Premier trains back. They were designed to be used on Son of Beast. PTC trains just wouldn't work. The Premier ones are extremely strong - designed to handle the force and banking you encounter on Son of Beast.

ahmagawd

It has been undeniably noted that PTC trains are used on most coasters...

One reason PTCs arent used on SoB is because...

...PTC DENIED ALLOWANCE TO USE THEM

...They didnt allow Paramount to get them, lol

Plus SoB Needed Extra Weight in every Car, they are almost 2X Heavier than any other wooden coaster train,

Plus I like the fact the wood coaster train is made of wood.

---

Must this be a fight?

I personally just didnt like how Scooby said it would end up being super rough in time, that wont happen due to excellent maintenance over there.

And the think about ThunderHead, Lets just see how it goes, DollyWood can bask in

Thunderhead's Glory for now, but I know for a fact that there are many enthusiasts drooling over pictures, and pining to ride...

...This could be a #1 in its first year, but who knows, It might make best new ride of the year though... LOLz

Any way it goes, Nobody can deny that it will be an excellent ride.

All coasters age with time...Iam just saying in due time holiday world will be in PKI's place with a rough coaster that no one shows love for anymore. smile.gif

Iam sure it will be great ride at first....