8-11-05 TR

CoastersRZ

I went to the park this evening, since I had some free time. Crowds were on the light side. Delirium`s line appeared to be longer than Drop Zone`s line! I rode Top Gun, and they have been regrading the campground site which is currently a big plane of dirt. Nearby lightning shut down the high rides for about a half hour at 7:15. The rides reopened, and I got in five very good rides on The Beast (three of those in the dark).

The park has begun to prepare for Fear Fest. They have the tent up for Sleepy Hollow Horror, have the floor in place and a couple of the walls. The rest of the walls appeared to be covered up by tarps right next to the tent. Also, they have the Maze of Madness sign and entrance doors in place on the maintenance building next to The Racer. It seems like just yesterday that the park was getting ready to open up.

Yeah, I'm one of those people who gets the mid-season blues. Like, between the 4th of July and the beginning of Fearfest. I suppose it always seems like the season is so young and then we're preparing for the end. One the other hand, once we have that whole month of September off I seem to have more acceptance and just look forward to the next season. It's always kind of a bummer, but at least we have Wintefest this year too, plus being a seasonal park makes sure that I don't get burnt out on the place and makes spring that much sweeter.

Yes, time seems to fly by faster and faster every year. Epsecially for me this year with co-oping and then school this summer! I was lucky enough to get to PKI again yesterday with a friend from school. I probably won`t be back until Labor day weekend because of studio work and finals week! And then I will most likely be working back at Coney to help them out for their last couple of weekends.

When I was at the park on Sunday, I rode Delirium for the first time since May. One of the workers noticed my Holiday World shirt and commented how it was a nice park and she had the same shirt, only hers was pink. Her name was Ariel (I think that is what I read on her name tag.) Is that anyone on this board?

I also discovered that there is still a footing existing from the old Sky Ride. It is in the Bubba Gump patio, underneath the upside down rowboat. I knew the Animation Station was one of the stations for the skyride, but I never knew that the footer existed. I only found it when I was looking at the crazy fish that were fighting over the fish food.