Photos on rides

TOPGUN1993

As far as I know, there is no rule against taking pictured while aboard the Kings Island and Miami Valley Railroad, the Eiffel Tower and the now defunct Antique Cars. All other rides, all loose articles must be secured or left in the station which includes cameras. If the operators see a flash from the train (they will stop the train on the lift until the person has secured their camera (I had that happen on the backwards Racer once). I believe there are signs on the rides that say the taking of pictures while riding is strictly prohibited.

As far as I know, there is no rule against taking pictured while aboard the Kings Island and Miami Valley Railroad, the Eiffel Tower and the now defunct Antique Cars. All other rides, all loose articles must be secured or left in the station which includes cameras. If the operators see a flash from the train (they will stop the train on the lift until the person has secured their camera (I had that happen on the backwards Racer once). I believe there are signs on the rides that say the taking of pictures while riding is strictly prohibited.

I thought that it would have been against the park rules to have a camera, bottom line. I didn't realize that if it was secured it was "ok."

Are you aloud to take photos on rides ???

I saw a photo that someone took of AE while they were riding.

If i would do this would i be in trouble ???

No you can not take Pictures on a coaster. If you look on the back of your ticket or season pass it is their. Yes why back they did let people take pictures on coasters. How old are the pictures you are talking about. Now some people do take videos but they work for different Tv stations. So unless you work for a station or have a media pass don't do it.

Edited by Vortex

As a reminder, the use of any electronic items including cell phones, cameras, pagers, calculators, pdas and gps locators is strictly forbidden on any ride here at Paramount's Kings Island. If you are currently using one of the afore mentioned items - you must secure it IMMEDIATELY! laugh.gif

I heard about this one guy who did a lot of on ride videos - and got caught doing one on Beast, then called the ride ops there "Lap Bar Monkeys". I hear he gets stapled alot now.

This goes for flat rides too such as Zephry, Scrambler, Dodgems, Monster, Action Theater ( too dark anyway) and other flat rides. The ride ops will stop the ride, make u secure it, or take it away until you are done riding. It is also a cause for being kicked out of the park. Don't do it.

You allowed to bring in a camera into the park, but dont take it on rides. That is the best advice i can give you.

If the person secures the camera in a bag usually we let them keep it, however if its someone taking on-ride video we ask them if theyd like us to hold it safely for them while they ride. If the camera is big enough we willt ell them to give it to us because it is a safety concern. Theres tons of legal on-ride videos out there on the internet, so please dont even bother trying to take pictures or videos while on the ride, unless you want to meet a probably not-so happy ride operator who just had to climb up a lift hill in the 90 degree heat with the sun over him/her because you broke a rule.

...hehe... I guess im in trouble then... ohmy.gif I take pictures on the rides all the time... dry.gif I always secure my camera tightly around my wrist and hold on with it with two hands because well, it is a $500 digital camera! I also took some on ride movies of some of the rides. I know I'm bad unsure.gif , but its soo cool to go home and watch on your TV or computer!

If anyone wants to see some, i can e-mail them to you. wink.gif Send me an e-mail at coasterfreak273@yahoo.com.

"Do you no of anyone who have taken photos while ridding PKI rides if so can i see them ???"

Back in the 70's, before the taking of pics or film was against policy, my uncle took 8mm footage of The Racer while riding(this was also before the car was placed on backwards). While it may seem cool, it was really confusing as the camera was moving all over the place, which makes me a bit dizzy. I can't send it to anyone since it is still on 8mm film.