What do they do with the trains?

Braves0511

I know this is an extremely stupid question to all you "PKI Vet's" out there, but here goes. What do they do with the trains on the roller coasters, as well as other ride vehicles in the park at closing time? I'm guessing with the coasters that they are ethier kept on the transfer track or in a shed like on Vortex, or kept on the brakes/lift throughout the rides. smile.gif

Racer and maybe The Beastie are the only wood coasters that leave their trains on the track. All Steel coasters are left on the track at different pars the the track. Normally the lift, station, ready breaks, trim brakes, or what ever brakes that the ride has. They are never left on the ride or on the brakes in the middle of the ride.

Actually, both things you guys said are wrong. While in the past thats what they've done, this is what they do now: At Beast we take all our trains off at night and place them on the transfer track. Racer and recaR leave both trains on the track, one in the station one in the ready breaks. Beastie takes one train off at night. The steel coasters leave their trains on at night unless one is out of service.

Actually, both things you guys said are wrong. While in the past thats what they've done, this is what they do now: At Beast we take all our trains off at night and place them on the transfer track. Racer and recaR leave both trains on the track, one in the station one in the ready breaks. Beastie takes one train off at night. The steel coasters leave their trains on at night unless one is out of service.

How am i wrong? Isnt that what i said?

"Racer and maybe The Beastie are the only wood coasters that leave their trains on the track. All Steel coasters are left on the track at different pars the the track. Normally the lift, station, ready breaks, trim brakes, or what ever brakes that the ride has. They are never left on the ride or on the brakes in the middle of the ride. "

I said maybe beastie, b/c i didnt know. I named off almost every break that coasters have and YES, they do park their trains on those brakes. How am I wrong?

That is eactly as we both said it.

I've had the experience of catching trains at Beast. Let me tell you, it's really fun. Something as odd as taking the trains off the track really is a lot of work. And even though your pushing them into the transfer track, they are really hard to stop.

I got to see a train being put on the tracks this past week when I was at the park. They must've been running two trains to begin with, and right before we got in line, must've decided to bring out the third. The line was backed up to the area where the line splits for "Front Train" and "Back Train"...on that ramp leading to the station. Watched them bring the train from the transfer track and run it through.

My question is: When they did that, they ran each train through a cycle once while empty. Why's that?

The real question is for you steel coaster ops: Why do you park one of the trains on the lift hill? Wouldn't it be a little more logical to park them all within the station or on the brakes before the station? I guess logically speaking it wouldn't make much difference, but there has to be a reasoning behind it...

That is a good question. I guess some rides dont have enough brakes to have all of their trains on it, so they park 1 train on the lift. For fof, with 2 trains, we park them in load station, and unload station. For 3 trains, we park them in Load station, waiting brakes (between load and unload), and unload station. For 4 trains, the are at Load station, waiting brakes, Unload station, and trim brakes (return tunnel). Most rides park their trains where maintance can easily get to them too.

This is probably Stupid to but how do u get the trains on the transer track?

First you put the ride in tranfer mode for example The Beast. Let me tell you these trains are heavy. One morning when they droped the rope evrey one rushed to

IJST while I went to The Beast not knowing the ride had a late morning start up so I decided to walk up the exit to see what the problem was. All 3 trains where still on the transfer track. So i decided to stay and watch them put all 3 trains on the track.

The real question is for you steel coaster ops: Why do you park one of the trains on the lift hill? Wouldn't it be a little more logical to park them all within the station or on the brakes before the station? I guess logically speaking it wouldn't make much difference, but there has to be a reasoning behind it...

Its because the steel coasters use air bags to close the breaks. After the power is off the air bags can loose pressure causing the breaks to open. The train in the station is secured then the one on the lift is held by gravity and anti rollbacks.

That is a good question.  I guess some rides dont have enough brakes to have all of their trains on it, so they park 1 train on the lift.  For fof, with 2 trains, we park them in load station, and unload station.  For 3 trains, we park them in Load station, waiting brakes (between load and unload), and unload station.  For 4 trains, the are at Load station, waiting brakes, Unload station, and trim brakes (return tunnel).  Most rides park their trains where maintance can easily get to them too.

Wrong- 3 trains was load, unload, trims.

furthermore, the reason why rides such as Top Gun and Vortex park the train on the lift is so they dont have to worry about chaining/ chaulking another train.

And for the person who asked why the sent the other two trains around on Beast after adding the third, because they had to make sure the train came back, which requires dispatching to see if that happens.

And not all steel coasters use air bags, just arrows.