Stratosphere Tower

Ohhh....That sounds like fun!

I'd like to head there next summer and give her a whirl!

Also, and not to hijack your thread, but I can't remember if Paramount Park passholders can get into Star Trek Experience? I'm wanting to say that you can't, but I'm not positive.

Yes your right. Paramount Parks Season Passes are not good for admission at Star Trek The Experience.

yes, went there in February. The Roller Coaster is pretty lame. but then again, there's not much you can do in a restricted space at 1000 feet. It pretty much just goes around the top a few times. Now, there is a ride just scared the #$@W# out of me just watching it. I didn't ride it; didn't feel the need to put myself through that. You sit in a rollercoaster-like car on a 30 foot long track that dangles over the edge, and it appears to free fall over the edge... where it seems there is nothing between you and the open air. It must give the riders a huge rush... i guess. But I had no interest in putting myself through that.

They opened another ride up there. It hadn't opened yet when I was there, but i think you sit on "swings" hung by an arm that swings away from the building. Then theres the ride that blasts you into the air (reverse drop zone).... again, no desire to put myself through that.

Yea didnt waste my money in 2003 on the coaster. But Big Shot made me almost poop in my pants.... When u get that high, you cant see the tower below and makes it feel like youre waaaaay up there and going the whooole way down... it was a huge rush... Unfortunately the new rides weren't there yet... wink.gif

Yep, I was just there a couple of months ago tongue.gif I rode on everything on top of the Stratosphere a bunch of times (I got the all day wrist band)! All the rides are alittle more scary at night (I know have ridden them both day and night). Remember this, you will get dizzy on Insanity wink.gif

Also, I rode on everything in Star Trek The Experience. The Klingon Encounter (simulator) is, IMO, better than Borg Invasion 4D. Both were very good, and in Borg, the projection is crystal clear! I only did the rides saying I've never seen the show or movies so nothing else would intrest me.

I would highly recommend visiting both attractions as their worth admission and offer plenty to do (I spent half a day at both).

go to this website and surf... they have mpg commercials and webcams.

http://www.stratospherehotel.com/las_vegas...here_ride.html#

the rides names are Big Shot... the reverse-drop zone.

High Roller is the roller coaster (obviously)

Scream... is the free fall coaster over the side

Insanity is the swinging ride.

just view the website and watch how those rides work.... Didn't ride them.... but i could seriously see how riding any of them would put some serious hair on your @##.

Funny thing Elmer Fudd, all nine times I rode X Scream, I was the only person in the car laugh.gif The only reason I rode it so much was so my mom could get the perfect picture (she had a hard time working the camera). I had my arms up every time tongue.gif

Here's a tip bdboy007, it's alot scarier waiting in line than it is riding the rides wink.gif Try to keep that in mind!

you couldn't pay me enough money to ride those things. To me there are much better ways to die. My wife video taped Scream just to show what it did, then did the service of panning the camera over to me, in which my mouth was dropped to the floor... couldn't realize why anyone would intentionally ride that. I'm pretty adventurous, but ugh... i could never ride that. If I ever wanted a shortcut to a heart attack... there I would be.

Now for someone else... you want to ride it.... be my guest. You have my admiration and vomet bag from the plane.

We went last spring break and I was planning on rideing the rides, but it is really high and itmimdating once you get up there. Make sure you don't miss Speed the ride at Nascar Cafe (you won't miss it, it is litterally on the strip) or the Adventure Dome at Circus Circus. You can easily hit both in one afternoon. Have fun!

Can't wait to go but after seeing more photos I don't know if I could ride 3 of the rides thats over 3 time as high as Drop Zone, I like a good rush though but looking down at the ground at a 1000 feet would be a bit much I might ride the coaster though just because it is the world's highest coaster

If you want scared, just walk around the lower (where the gift store is) observation deck for a couple of minutes. We were looking out the complete floor to ceiling windows and we heard a loud noise and then screams and shouts. Before we had time to react, the X-Scream ride litterally shot ride in front of the window. It then gave a little jolt forward (scaring the riders). Anyway, we had completely forgotten about it so when it came down in front of the window, us and an overlly vocal black women flipped out lol! The car actually comes about one or two feet forward of the track. Once I saw that, I was like "there is no way you are gettin me on that thing."

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, I went I saw I chickened out, I will ride any amusement park ride, but there was something about standing at the top of the roof of this 900+ ft. hotel that made me feel uneasy, the wind the sway I don't know what it was I felt like I weighed 1000 lbs. I was petrified, so no way was I going to be shot further in the air or dangle and spin over the edge I just went back down and thanked god I was on the ground

• 3 weeks later...
Ohhh....That sounds like fun!

I'd like to head there next summer and give her a whirl!

Also, and not to hijack your thread, but I can't remember if Paramount Park passholders can get into Star Trek Experience? I'm wanting to say that you can't, but I'm not positive.

The Star Trek Experience is run down and very far out of the way unless you have a car. I would not go again it was a waste of my time. The Stratoshere is at the end of the strip the games are okay I did not go up to see the rides they charge for that also when I was their last Nov. The coaster at New York is about $7.00 a ride. Just have fun in Vegas cowboy.gif

The coaster at New York is about $7.00 a ride. Just have fun in Vegas cowboy.gif

But, that is a Japanese Hyper Coaster, It is rough and painful, just ask me or Captain Nemo.

No we havent ridden it, but have proof of it.

Its called Manhattan Express, and to quote the video

"This credit was not worth it!"

I went up to the Stratosphere back in February. It was the day before they were supposed to airlift the ride to the top, so I didn't get the chance to go, obviously.

The shot ride was great - sure, the ride's tower itself was kind of short, but placed on top of a 900+ foot tall tower.

X-Scream, however, was probably one of the few rides that truly made me scared because it was running off the observation deck... at least there's some brakes and stops to keep it suspended, looking down on an IHOP 900 some feet below.

The coaster, High Roller, was not that thrilling. It was fun riding in a coaster with a panoramic revolving view of Las Vegas.

The Star Trek Experience is run down and very far out of the way unless you have a car.

I didn't go into the pay experience, but did check out the 'free' area. It is, however, very accessible via the Las Vegas Monorail. Star Trek Experience is the first thing you come upon once exiting the Las Vegas Hilton Station.

The Star Trek Experience is run down and very far out of the way unless you have a car.

I didn't go into the pay experience, but did check out the 'free' area. It is, however, very accessible via the Las Vegas Monorail. Star Trek Experience is the first thing you come upon once exiting the Las Vegas Hilton Station.

The Monorail was down the hole time while I was in Las Vegas you might what to check that out before you go.