PKI Newsletter Hint

PKIVortex

The 2006 PKI season will debut an expanded version of one of your favorite places in the park! Read an upcoming newsletter issue to find out what will be new in 2006!

- taken from PKI newsletter #11.

Hmm it does sound like Nick Central will be getting expanded. What do you guys think this hint means?

so, if that means that HBL is saying bye-bye... what becomes of SDATHC, and other remaining HBL themed rides?

Well no worries about SDATHC, as the license is not owned by the park, it's owned by Sally. So SDATHC will stay. As far as other HB themed rides, they will more then likey get a makeover and themed or names changed to Nick cartoons, or shows.

My opinion--and I know this isn't popular: if they're doing away with HBL in favor of NC, just demolish SDATHC. It's not that cool of a ride. Build, from scratch, a new dark ride themed to Lemony Snicket. No cheap cardboard cutouts or anything of the like. You could do a fun Lemony Snicket dark ride!

LOL laugh.gif Homerjay..SD:ATHC is far too popualr to be ripped out people love the ride more so than PT sorry man.. scooby is here to stay ..until 2013!

Why would PKI take out Scooby Doo's Castle there isnt a good enough reason to

Scooby is popular with kids and adults and The ride is still new its only 2 years old.

Better suggestion would be to rehab it to make it look better and give Scooby-Doo a "real" feel to it. The cheap, cardboard cutouts won't have to go-they'll just blend in with more fluidly-animated robots/animatronics, a'la Buzz Lightyear. That's a great example.

I would love to see the SpongeBob coaster and Carwash put in next year; it would give the average family a better choice of ride experiences than just the three that we have already (SDATHC, Runaway Reptar, Wild Thornberrys).

Well, I do agree that they wouldn't take SDATHC out. I'd like to see it go, but I know it won't. . . but if the kids like it, that's what's important. . .

I agree I'd like to see it rethemed with some good effects. Right now it just feels like a slight step up from those little haunted houses you go in at carnivals. I wasn't the biggest PT fan, but at least they went all out with the theming in there. . . especially in the opera scene.

Wouldn't it be ironic if in a few years after Paramount finishes their smurf trilogy if the Smurfs were so popular that they decided to RETHEME that building BACK to Smurfs? The Smurfs enchanted voyage was the first KI ride I ever loved!

Wouldn't it be ironic if in a few years after Paramount finishes their smurf trilogy if the Smurfs were so popular that they decided to RETHEME that building BACK to Smurfs? The Smurfs enchanted voyage was the first KI ride I ever loved!

I know back when the smurf ride was in concept stages(1982) they wanted it to be themed to gargamels manison but the idea was scrapped to due budgeting issues and yet in 2014 you might see SDATHC get re-themed to Gargamels castle...hmmmm...... wink.gif