Beast

tattooblood

I think The Beast is a little borning durning the day its only fun at night but I really could care less if they took it down. Yea its a classic ride now but its borning

Yeah of course we sometimes think it's boring. But just think about the first time we rode all of KI's ride. They were not boring to me the first time. The rides are not the same though today, as they were once I first rode.

I am not sure which is a worse decision: PKI considering removing one of the all-time great rides; or deciding to have this poll. wink.gif

The Beast is what made PKI what it is today. It is because of The Beast that PKI is the flagship park for Paramount. After being at PKD a couple of times and hating it, the biggest difference is no signature ride. The Beast put KI (at that time) on the map, something that the powers that be at Paramount should look at for future rides.

You can't put the words, "taken down". And, "beast" in the same sentence. I didn't.

Uh I am pretty sure you can - because he did. I wouldn't lose sleep over it, because there are MANY MANY MANY MANY better rides out there than Beast. But still its a ride. Sometimes I get in the mood to ride it. But yeah I would rather ride other things at PKI than Beast - like FOF or Vortex or Beastie even. Beastie is VERY good! Especially in the back! It has something Beast doesnt... AIRTIME! laugh.gif

Nothing last forever, sooner or later they will have to take it down, but they would probably put another major ride in to replace it

That's not necessarily true. I know of dozens of wooden coasters that are pushing 100 yrs old. The beauty of the wood is that they can always replace and rebuild parts.

This is probably the most useless waste of a poll and a thread I have seen in a long time. The Beast since it open has been Kings Islands most famous and the highly regarded ride. It is the one coaster that really put them on the map and made the park a destination. The Racer started the second coaster and amusement park boom, but The Beast is the flaghship ride at Paramount Kings Island, the ride that has brought in the money and guest for the last 26 years.

Its still extremely popular in the eyes of the general public. Having worked as a ride operator on The Beast and TS for 2001 to 2003, I can attest to its popularity. The ride has people screaming and cheering all night long for its famous night rides. It also has an hour plus line duriing weekends, and even on none busy days, still sends out full trains. On the rare days when it was down, guest were extremely disappointed, expecially some that came from far out places such as Great Britain or Alaska.

Even after 26 years, it is still well liked among coaster enthusiasts also. It was just recently ranked number 8 iin the wooden coaster list, for the Golden Ticket 2005 Amusement Today awards. Not to mention that it was by far the oldest ride in the top 10, which speaks volumes on how highly regarded people consider this ride 26 years since it opened in 1979. Besides the Coney Island Cyclone, I can't think of a more famous wooden roller coaster in operation today. Thunderbolt at Kennywood might be close, but The Beast is legendary in every way.

Wooden coasters as long as you maintain them can last forever. The track is constanlty replaced and with good maintenace the ride can theorectical never have to be torn down. There are wooden coasters that have lasted for over 80 years in operation and some are even in peoples top 10 wooden coaster list. The Beast has perserved itself thanks to the great job by the Kings Island wood coaster maintenance staff. The ride is running as good as it ever has, and would be surprised if it is ever torn down during my lifetime.

So in response to this thread, The Beast will likely never be torn down in anyones time. The industry experts say that "you never stop buidling a wooden roller coaster", so that is what will happen. The ride will constantly have track work when needed so it runs as good as new. Steel coasters are another story, and are designed to have a certain fatigue life for its steel components. Thus they have an already predetermined maxiumum self life to some extent, and this can be seen by some of the older Arrow steel coasters of 1970's and 1980's. Wooden roller coasters, especially ones with this type of popularity will and never should be torn down. This goes for any classsic wood coaster, Coney Island Cyclone, Thunderbolt, Jack Rabbit, and Racer at Kennywood, Racer at PKI, Blue Sreak at Cedar Point, Giant Dippers in California, among several others to numerous to list.

They would probably not take it down anytime soon. IF and only IF they did then they could leave it standing and put like a plaque and just let people walk up and see it and have the trains on display. And on some days let people walk the track.

I think its one of the boring rides in the park. I woud rathe ride The Racer than The Beast any day. Anyway I wish PKI wouldnt be as comerical as they are now advertisng cars and what not.

What happened to just going to a theme park and enjoying the roller coasters for a few bucks? Now we are flooded with very high prices and advertising and it would be hard for a family to enjoy the day without breaking the budget.