Great Wolf Lodge Breaks Ground on 8-18

CoastersRZ

Today was the official ground breaking ceremony of the Great Wolf Lodge to be built on the former Kings Island Campground. Several executives as well as Scooby Doo and the Great Wolf mascot were among the dignitaries to turn over the first shovels of dirt. I am not certain, but I believe one of the dignitaries was Craig Ross, the GM of Paramount`s Kings Island.

Press Release

Groundbreaking Ceremony Pictures

Well I think Scooby Doo will be quite safe at Paramount`s Kings Island for the next several years. But I would imagine the rest of the Hanna Barbera gang will be leaving. Which is kind of ironic if you think about it. One of the main reasons Taft Broadcasting bought Coney Island was so that they could develop a new theme park to promote their Hanna Barbera characters.

I have been to the one in Sandusky and from the sounds of the press release this thing is going to blow it out of the water.

Quote from press release

The 84-degree waterpark will house six pools, a four-story interactive treehouse waterfort with a 1,000-gallon tipping bucket at the top, and 11 waterslides with the latest trends in water attractions including a water roller coaster ride and a cannon bowl tube ride.

The lodge in Sandusky only has 9 slides.

Not to mention the lodge in Sandusky has 271 compared to 401 here. Quite a large size difference and I thought the one in Sandusky was huge.

Guest faceoff

The Kings Island resort and conference center is not owned by paramount.

So i believe the hotel will still be there. While the hotel has many amenities,

i will not stay there. twice i found dead bugs in the restroom. I always stay

at the hampton inn on beach boulevard. A very nice hotel located 1/4 mile

from Kings Island.

Tom

The Kings Island resort and conference center is not owned by paramount.

So i believe the hotel will still be there. While the hotel has many amenities,

i will not stay there. twice i found dead bugs in the restroom. I always stay

at the hampton inn on beach boulevard. A very nice hotel located 1/4 mile

from Kings Island.

Tom

If you ever watched Pop Up Brady, so did the Brady Bunch actors when they stayed.

This water coaster attraction, are we talking new coaster or water coaster like how the Beach considers that one aztec slide a "water coaster"?

^It would be like the aztec slide at the Beach. If I'm not mistaken when they refer to a "water coaster" they are refering to the master blaster style of slide which uses sheets of water to propell you up hill, unlike a conventional water slide which just uses gravity.

^

^

^

The 84-degree waterpark will house six pools, a four-story interactive treehouse waterfort with a 1,000-gallon tipping bucket at the top, and 11 waterslides with the latest trends in water attractions including a water roller coaster ride and a cannon bowl tube ride.

Straight from the press release to answer what is going inside this thing.

WOW! great cant wait to see the lodge when it's done glad scooby doo was apart of it. Scooby doo is such a family fav PKI uses scooby for almost all there events they use to use yogi bear as well but since yogi and crew have left the park makes sense they would continue to use scoob.

Scooby and his gang of mystery solving terrorists.

Your not funny...dont quit your day job. rolleyes.gif