Fearfest

hauntguy

Here is a list (with descriptions) of some attractions that COULD show up at this years Fearfest. This, of course, is the attraction list from PCW... So here it is:

Studio Backlot Bloodbath:

Everyone knows that things can go wrong when movies are made. Beware of a blood bath on the backlot!

Slaughter Street Fearzone:

The filming of a chase sequence has gone terribly wrong. Carnage is everywhere! A giant crater, wrecked cars belching smoke and fire... what caused this grim wreckage.

Superstition:

The Action FX Theater welcomes back the one and only mistress of darkness... Elvira!

Curse of Sleepy Hollow:

The colonial Van Tassel Farmstead, barn and fields were ripe pickings for the headless horseman 200 years ago. A fury of restless souls now seek revenge!

Massacre Manor:

Not a soul survived the Van Tassel massacre the night the headless horseman paid them a visit. Can you survive?

Headless Hollow:

Wander through the western woods where the horseman is known to hunt!

MORE CAN BE FOUND HERE:

http://www.canadas-wonderland.com/fearfest/index.cfm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, will PKI get to see this MAJOR Fearfest update... only time can tell! -Hauntguy

Sorry for the double post, but I was going through the list for PCW's FearFest attractions and seeing what would be able to go in PKI's FearFest. I've also included a few of the old mazes with new names. They're broken up into the three areas mentioned earlier:

MTV Rock & Scare-Action Zone/Oktoberfest

Unreal World-Inside Festhaus

Total Request-TimberWolf Entrance

Friday the 13th-Paramount Theatre

Studio Backlot Bloodbath-Coney Mall North/Rivertown

Legend of the Lost: The Director's Cut-Tomb Raider: The Ride Queue

Slaughter Street Fearzone-Brick Path Between Coney Mall North/Rivertown

Elvira's Superstition-Action FX Theatre

Funhouse Express-Action FX Theatre

The Curse of Sleepy Hollow-Coney Mall South

Massacre Manor-Beside Scrambler

Blood Shed-Shed Beside Flight of Fear

Cornstalkers-Behind Flight of Fear

Headless Hollow-Wooded Trail Behind Flight of Fear

Again, this is just my idea of what could be placed where. I just wanted to place these 'new' attractions in a set of logical positions. Thanks!

They usually do they just have variations of similar mazes. Every FearFest in 2004 had a Curse of the Crypt, House of Darkness, PsychoPath, and Sleepy Hollow-style maze. They also had a 3D maze, but each one was different. PKI has Circus of Horrors, PC had Alien Attack, and PKD had Freakshow.

I am so happy PCW has FearFest but since I am going to be attending this for the first time, I have what may be a silly question.

Are you able to enter the houses and attractions multiple times? We have a haunted house out here each year called Screamers (a collection of 5 highly themed houses) but you can only go into each house once and they stamp your card so you can't go in again, is FearFest like this? Please say no.

Silly question but, how do you know for sure?

Besides, I was just suggesting it as a good location, I know other divisions use that, but it would still be a PERFECT are for a house.

BTW, Wonder Mountain is our Eifel Tower so to speak. It's our center piece.

I still cant imagine PKI added all of these new attractions to FearFest this year. I say this because that would cause another large capital investment and they are already making that for WinterFest. I am curious if it is nothing more than repackaging the old attractions and just adding some fog and new costumes.

Dont want to be skeptical, but I must because I have seen no hard proof yet.

I still cant imagine PKI added all of these new attractions to FearFest this year. I say this because that would cause another large capital investment and they are already making that for WinterFest. I am curious if it is nothing more than repackaging the old attractions and just adding some fog and new costumes.

Dont want to be skeptical, but I must because I have seen no hard proof yet.

Mark my words PKI will become the disney- of the midwest smile.gif

^

^

^

I understand what you are saying about the Disney of the MidWest, but I dont think it will happen over night. Especially in just one seasson. Nor do I think an all new FearFest will make them the Disney of the MidWest. I love PKI, but they have a long way to become anything close to Disney or a seassonal version of it in the midwest.

^

^

^

I understand what you are saying about the Disney of the MidWest, but I dont think it will happen over night. Especially in just one seasson. Nor do I think an all new FearFest will make them the Disney of the MidWest. I love PKI, but they have a long way to become anything close to Disney or a seassonal version of it in the midwest.

True, but I really think that even some of the baby steps they've taken have made a great difference.

^

^

^

I agree what they have done over the past couple years has made a tremendous difference. Especially with the return of WinterFest and now the addition of Great Wolf Lodge, PKI is going to become more of a year round destination. But like the previous comment, I do not see them making tremendous capital improvements up front to change over night. More of a gradual change than anything.

I believe Sleepy Hollow is taking the spot of Curse of the Crypt (behind Coney Mall Games), because a new maze is being built right by IJ:ST. It's supposedly got the same layout as last year's SHH, but it's got a new theme to it.

Also, a friend of mine pointed out that there are coffins over by the picnic grove. I'm not sure if they're just over there temporarily, if the picnic grove is going to be a new scare zone, or if those coffins are already gone.