FearFest-RingMaster's Edition

RingMaster

Just wanted to put out some idea of what Kings Island's FearFest could be if it took on PCW's Haunted Theme Park aspect. I'll have more in later days, and I'm going to attempt to make a park map showcasing where all the mazes, shows and scare zones will be. For now, enjoy!

HORRORWOOD GHOULEVARD-International Street

Glitz and glamour replaced with guts and gore

1) Back Lot Bloodbath-Administration Lot

Go behind the scenes of Paramount's latest slasher flick, Back Lot Bloodbath, and get an "autograph" from some of your favorite movie monster icons. Freddy Kreuger, Mike Myers, Jason Voorhees, Chucky and others will be "glad" to have you visit them for a chance...

2) Scareamount Studios-Festhaus

Journey back behind the silver screen and into a realm of movie madness when FearFest grabs the reigns of Paramount Pictures' most memorable films and turns them into unforgettable nightmares.

3) S.S. Frightanic-Viking Fury

All aboard this dilapidated ghost ship still haunted by the passengers and crew from its first and last maiden voyage.

4) Halloween Express-Adventure Express

A one-way ticket to the heart of all things evil is the basis for this family coaster that roars through a village plauged by a devilish force.

5) Graveyard Shift-International Showplace Stage

This creepy collection of shock & roll, rhythm & ooze singers and dancers are working the graveyard shift at The Crypt, and a howling good time is bound to be had in this song and dance revue.

Show Times: 9:00, 11:00

6) Breaking Point-International Bandstand

Guests-turned-contestants are faced with gory, gruesome and grotesque challenges and obstacles in an attempt to be the last man standing (or in this case, alive) on this game show of the twisted. If you think you can survive what the "ghost host" throws at you, all we have for you is one question-what's your breaking point?

Show Times: 8:30, 10:30

7) Phantom Theater: RIP (Reconstruction in Progress)-Paramount Theater

The mad Maestro and his band of "spirited" performers have returned to terrorize Kings Island for the destruction of the old theater in Hanna-Barbera Land. Houdelini, Hilda Bovine, Garbonzo, and other fan favorites make a star comeback and are sure to strike fear into the hearts of old Phantom Theater fans and new FearFest guests!

Show Times: 8:00, 9:30, 11:30

Tomorrow I should have the next scare zone all mapped out. Here's a hint: the next area is named The Strip. It shouldn't take long to figure out which area I'm talking about.

EDIT: It's hard to elaborate specifically on where these will go without the aid of a map, Bodda. Anyway, the next area, The Strip, has been posted. Enjoy!

THE STRIP-Coney Mall

One long road of hellishly good fun

1) House of Darkness Revisited-The Sports Shop

Now bigger, longer and deadlier than its predecessor, this once beautiful Victorian manor is now the home of some nasty undead residents and spirits, led by the mysterious Bride, who have a taste for trespassing victims.

2) Maverik Asylum: The Maze of Madness-behind Coney Mall Games

Within the halls of the psycho ward that Dr. Hyde Maverik built is an army of demented doctors, mutated monsters, and not-so-nice nurses bent on breaking out of the foreclosed asylum...even if it means killing innocent park goers to get their wish granted.

3) PsychoPath2-behind Flight of Fear

Man-eating gators, vicious Venus fly traps, and massive arachnids join the cast of bloodthirsty hillbillies, psychotic convicts, and chainsaw-wielding madmen along this true trail of terror hidden deep within the forests of Kings Island. Don't forget to bring some bug repellent.

4) Destruction Zone-Maintenence Road behind Coney Refrehments/Euro Bungee

A quick shortcut through an abandoned construction site turns into an ambush when rusted, aging machinery begin to move on their own, and the remnants of the 'skeleton' crew (no pun intended) suddenly re-appear for a night of mayhem.

5) UnHappy Days Diner-Happy Days Diner (duh!)

Ralph, Potsie, the Cunninghams and, of course, the Fonz, are given a gruesome makeover, terrorizing guests and bopping to the updated rock remixes of classic 50s songs. It's ghoulsome family screams at UnHappy Days all over again.

6) Elvira's Superstition/FreakShow 3D-Action FX Theater

Double your nightly terror as the Action Theater welcomes back Elvira's sensory coaster experience known only as the Superstition, and then introduces the wild and wicked crew of the all-new FreakShow...both in 3D!

7) Slaughter Street Fearzone-Brick Path between Coney Mall/Rivertown

Raging carfires, overturned dumpsters and charred bones and flesh of previous PKI guests litter this city street. Now, a turf war between two rival gangs continues to ravage Slaughter Street, and park guests are right in the middle of it again.

8) Route 666-Italian Job: Stunt Track

Taking on more dangers and obstacles than its predecessor, the new Route 666 has you racing through the demonic ruins of L.A. in an attempt to escape a cataclysmic Armageddon. Dodge car wrecks, chase through pitch-black tunnels and narrowly escape a fiery death from battling with the devil himself in this one-of-a-kind ride experience.

Awesome ideas... clearly, some of my thoughts has influenced your thoughts on what Fearfest should be.. but that cool! I think your "Scareamount Studios" should actually be a haunt placed in the "Paramount Story"... take up that entire area (the story, picnic table area) and exit out between those two buildings. That way they can leave Circus of Horrors in the Festhaus.

Great ideas though! -Hauntguy

I should thank you, hauntguy, for that info on PCW's FearFest; I really couldn't have made this up w/o you. Don't worry about the Circus, it's not gone. In fact, I believe it's time to introduce the next, although smallest, scare zone for FearFest-RingMaster's Edition. Enjoy!

CarnEVIL-Rivertown Lake/Floral Clock Area

The REAL fun is just beginning...

1) Scarousel-Grand Carousel (again, duh!)

This age-old wonder of machinery becomes a ghastly reminder of the nightmares that plague Kings Island as the bright lights are dimmed to true darkness, the once-vibrantly colored horses are now pale skeletons, and eerie music plays in the foggy wind...

2) Midway of the Bizarre-Path around Floral Clock to Coney Mall/Rivertown

Witness a spectacle unlike anything you've seen before as freaks of every imaginable shape and size and rejects of a different color flock to a truly bizarre outing...the Midway of the Bizarre.

3) Circus of Screams 4D: Nightmare under the Big Top-behind International Showplace Stage

In four dimensions, come face-to-face with a ragtag band of deadly circus performers, demented animals, and, of course, carnivorous clowns, as they pull you out of the center ring and into a realm of sheer madness and destruction as the Nightmare under the Big Top returns to town.

And everyone thought I was going to get rid of our beloved circus! Well, with three scare zones down and two to go, hopefully more people will get into reading this; I've only had 5 people compliment me. Thanks guys. smile.gif

So here's another hint as to what's next: one area has werewolves and miners in it, and the other area is under siege by a madman who can't get 'ahead' in life.

I always wished they'd do a temporary retheme of the rides and attractions at the park for Fearfest. Why not pass by a monster or something on The Beast? Or even rig a fog machine to the tunnels in the helix? Such things would make Fearfest such a special event.

I always wished they'd do a temporary retheme of the rides and attractions at the park for Fearfest. Why not pass by a monster or something on The Beast? Or even rig a fog machine to the tunnels in the helix? Such things would make Fearfest such a special event.

Actually this has been done in the past. It was done in the first or second year of Fearfest (don't remember which one) They also added fog machines to Adventure Express if I remember correctly. But if I recall there was sometype of study done that revealed that the fog fluid used in these theatrical machines left a residue on the tracks that could create an unsafe environment.....or I think that is what I heard.

Plus, depending on the placement of the foggers it could be really hard to get a re-supply of juice to the machines.

Finally I get time to update this thread! Hey, quick question-does anyone think it would be a cool idea to have a maze dedicated to walking through the cave where The Beast lives? I personally think it would be a lot better idea than my original idea, to put in Legend of the Lost, a more heavily-themed Curse of the Crypt.

Also, I'm thinking of putting in a werewolf maze and mining maze in Rivertown. The name for the next area is Blood Gulch. The last area is in the Picnic Grove, so the only way in there is an employee path that goes through the back of Runaway Reptar, Log Flume and Nick Theater, but I don't have an idea for a theme. Any suggestions?

• 1 month later...

It would be ok, but nothing would jump out at you that would follow the story line.

Unless you followed Sleepy Hollow last year, where wveryone warns you of the headless horsemen" and instead be The Beast. The haunt could go through the line of The Beast, then you get on for the end?

A name for the back path... something like

Black path. It can't have a crazy name and still follow the theme. If coney mall is coney maul, back path called black path? I don't know.. just a suggestion. I'm not very creative with names.

A name for the back path... something like

Black path. It can't have a crazy name and still follow the theme. If coney mall is coney maul, back path called black path? I don't know.. just a suggestion. I'm not very creative with names.

I'm probably thinking more along the lines of involving werewolves into that back path. If not, I'll move Sleepy Hollow (scare zone) over to the picnic grove, and the werewolf maze would be WWC's exit (Headless Hollow).

Meanwhile, I have an idea for a scare zone walk-through-Toon TERRORtory. It involves demented cartoon characters on the hunt for human blood. I just have no idea where to put it. Any suggestions?