What exactly is going to happen in HB?

BarkerCounty182

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is true that Nick Central taking over HBL has been the rumor for quite some time now, but we are still left to speculate. Don't quote me on this, but I have heard that PKI is utilizing the fact that they have bought themselves some time with Winterfest to get things 100% set before an actual announcement. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

I know everything but everytime I post some "unofficial" information, my post/thread gets deleted. So let's just say Nick Central won't just be for the kids, but the whole family wink.gif

elitescr3, don't worry about The Beastie, the only thing changing is the photo booth.

I think that it may get re themed but the coaster its self is going to stay. It may be crap to us but its a really nice ride for a little kid and a parent to enjoy.

No one knows for sure what is going in next year and isnt allowed to reveal it if theyd like to keep their jobs, in time everyone will see what is going to happen.

As sad as it is to say it, it's time for HBL to be re-themed. Although I grew up with the HBL characters, most of today's kids don't know who Huckleberry Hound, JabberJaws, or--gasp!--even Fred Flinstone is.

I think a new look and complete overhaul to HBL/NC would be a really cool, exciting thing. Get some quality family rides in there, some good, fun kids shows and just really make it into a section just as fun as AZ or Rivertown.

Although I would love to see PKI get some new thrill rides, I think that seeing what updates could be done to the family portion of the park will be really exciting!

The thing I'm wondering is if any one has seen any surveying markers around. If PKI ends up getting the Spongebob Coaster you'd think there would be some survey markers some where. I mean I know that a mouse coaster wouldn't require nearly as much surveying as as large coaster or something like IJ:ST but still you'd think there would be something for a new coaster like the Spongebob Coaster.

I live in Detroit, so I'm not privvy to official details :-)

But I definitely could agree that something "HUGE" is in store for Nick Central. I would agree that we wouldn't just see a retheme like they did to CDBB. I think we're going to see a total "redo" of Nick Central. After all, what would be the big deal if they simply rethemed current rides? I think there's going to be a huge, new crazy look to it and I, personally, think it's going to be very exciting!!

And yeah...the Busytown stuff...um...I never understood what that had to do with HBL in the first place!!

I can assure everyone, that you will have a hard time not liking Nickelodeon Central as not only will Hanna-Barbera Land be receiving a facelift, but our current Nickelodeon Central will also be getting one, with a few new rides thrown into the mix. As previously stated, they will help Nickelodeon Central become more family oriented so kids, and kids at heart can share the magical experience together. This expansion and the new hotel just puts PKI one step closer to their goal of becoming a Disneyesque family-oriented resort destination, just wait and see biggrin.gif

Your right HomerJay, this expansion will definatly be in league of it's own, way above the Boomerang Bay expansion. As always, PKI with have more goodies than just the Nickelodeon expansion to offer in 2006 wink.gif Expect to hear some news VERY soon (before Winterfest).

Another thing that will help you get over the loss of Hanna-Barbera Land is to take as many pictures and video as you possibly can. Trust me it works! I did it and now I'm ready for the expansion (that and I know what were getting) tongue.gif

Take it easy and don't worry about the expansion. PKI knows what their doing and I'm sure a lot of you will be getting what you want and also what you didn't expect, it will make lots VERY happy. All in due time.

BTW, Busytown is a Paramount property and I'll be sad to see it go, as I watched that show all the time when I was a kid. Maybe it'll come back some where else in the park in some other form in the future as it's one of the few properties that Paramount hasn't sold off, but I doubt it sad.gif

^Exactly how happry will this make me? If it's something that I wouldn't expect but would love that could possibly be made into the Spongebob Coaster it would definetly be a Maurer Söhne Xtended SC 3000, but some how I'm doubting that because they look a little too intense for all ages.

I think that PKi is going for the generation now because no little kids watch Cartoon Network anymore they all watch Nick. My little cousin watches nick adn loves it but he also is obsessed with SDATHC. I think they shuld leave it the way it is though because that is the way it has been running for five straight years of the gold ticket.

Hopefully this revamp doesn't jack up our chances at next year's Golden Tickets. I'd hate to lose the title to another park, even if it's another Paramount Park.

...I doubt we'll lose the title because of the revamp, but it is always possible. I guess it's even more possible we could lose the title if we don't expand and revamp the kid's area.

I dont think we will see any major changes to HBL/NC until after winterfest.. after all most of HBL will be open for winterfest.

That is an excellent point...there's a limit to how much extensive construction work can get completed from early January through early April.

I imagine we'll get one (if not both) of the "major" rumored rides ('Carwash' and/or 'Mrs. Puff's...'), but my guess is that the "total redo" of the current Nick Central/HB land will be very similar to the "total redo" of Water Works into CDBB... In other words...lots of hype and lots of paint, but really just an improved version of what was there before... (Which is absolutely fine--as long as it's not presented as the "most fantabulous hollywood-ized kiddyland with 'lush, tropical vegetation' ever built!") biggrin.gif

Joel

^ True but I hear construction will start in the back of HBL and move forward because the front of HBL will be open and many rides like HB Carousel and SDATHC will be open during WinterFest. I remember Runaway Reptar didnt really start construction in 2001 until late Feb and it was up and running in for opening day..anyway I cant wait til Dry Run Day so I can see whats coming close up and personal.

Hopefully this revamp doesn't jack up our chances at next year's Golden Tickets. I'd hate to lose the title to another park, even if it's another Paramount Park.

...I doubt we'll lose the title because of the revamp, but it is always possible. I guess it's even more possible we could lose the title if we don't expand and revamp the kid's area.

I highly doubt this would hurt our chances at all. Do you really think the judges from Amusement Today gave PKI the award because of their outdated kiddy rides from the late 1960s that are themed to characters that no one cares about? No.

I'm willing to bet anything that we'll see a higher percentage than last year.