What exactly is going to happen in HB?

BarkerCounty182

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing it would be a Vekoma wild mouse. It could turn out to be what Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin is, although I'm not sure if the boatmobiles that will allow drivers to spin and face in any direction they want.

It seems as if the popular vote is for Crash Course Boating School, and it looks like PKI will agree with PKIC. Now all that's left to figure out is what that second ride will be.

I'm gonna take a crack and say that the CarWash will open for buisness in '06, due to the fact that the water maze/Nick Theatre will probably be torn down anyway. The CarWash will make up for the lost kiddie water attraction.

Hmmm I hope PKI does go with Spongebob Squarepants:Mrs.Puff's Crash Course Boating School I would make special trips to PKI just to ride it.I love dark rides! I just hope if Sally does do the FX,Characters etc. they steer clear of cardboard.

Sponge Bob Square pants: Crash Course Boating School:

Climb aboard a boatmobile with Spongebob Squarepants at the wheel, and you're in for a completely wacky ride! The rip-roaring indoor family coaster ride will put guests on a twisting, turning, underwater crash course with all of the creatures of Bikini Bottom! With Spongebob behind the wheel, surprises are sure to be around every corner, as guests whiz through a cartoon environment full of spectacular sights, silly sounds, and crazy "underwater" special effects! Buckle up and take the wheel with everyone's favorite sponge at Mrs. Puff's Driving School for a wild, wet, and whacked-out underwater adventure with SpongeBob and Friends!

NOW that attraction sounds FUN I hope if pki does get it that the outside theme is in check as well I love the outside theme of SDATHC.

That's the first time I've ever really read the details of the description. Could this be a themed version of the Setpoint Aqua coaster (i.e., Rollersoaker at Hershey)?

EDIT: I guess reading it over (again) it never really says that you get WET, just that the adventure is "underwater". Hmmm...maybe an indoor, themed MACK wild mouse?

Does anyone know who manufactured the Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin ride at DL?

Spongebob Squarepants Crash Course Boating School is the type of attraction that would be ''HOLLYWOODIZED'' it would bring Spongebob Squarepants and friends to life and would bring in the families etc. biggrin.gif So I agree adding it would be a good idea.

Someone said a MACK-Coaster/Dark Ride that would work with this type of attraction here is Macks website

.MACKDARKRIDES.

And I'm betting that the Spongebob Coaster would be almost exactly like this

Replace the scooby images with Spongebob's world and spongebob himself you'll get the idea..

That ride would be TOTALLY AWSOME if it was like SDSC just so you know I have ridden that coaster when I went to the gold coast in 2002 its a very well done and very fun also the building that houses the coaster isnt very big so PKI could very easy hide the building if they wanted to.If thats what PKI has mapped out and Iam hoping it is.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was at Fearfest and while in line, actually got to talk to an employee of PKI. Here is what he said:

Reptar and Beastie will remain, but Beastie is getting renamed/rethemed.

Expect the everything else to get completely revamped and for it not to look the same at all come next Spring. He said people will be shocked/surprised/happily surprised when all is said is done.

He said that area of the park is a huge money producer for PKI cause of all the families that buy 4 pack passes to take their young'uns up to kiddie land. PKI's kiddie land is considered one of the best, if not the best in the country.

Take it for what it's worth.

Also talked to another General Contractor today who said that all the old circular rides (cars, etc.), Ghoster coaster, peddling rides (little train), remote controlled boats, etc., etc. are all getting removed down below grade and the entire area razed and cleaned up for a entirely new design including walkways. Anything not Nickelodean will be either removed or have it's facade changed. He told me more, but it will get deleted if I tell too much.

Also talked to another General Contractor today who said that all the old circular rides (cars, etc.), Ghoster coaster, peddling rides (little train), remote controlled boats, etc., etc. are all getting removed down below grade and the entire area razed and cleaned up for a entirely new design including walkways. Anything not Nickelodean will be either removed or have it's facade changed. He told me more, but it will get deleted if I tell too much.

Ha... it's not so much that we want to hold back information, PKIC just has a history of getting employees in trouble and we're trying to prevent that.

But yes, from what I understand, everything that has to do with HBL next year will be diferent.

Thats cool a new walkway cant wait to check NU out in the spring I hear Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle is the only HB theme attraction being left behind I kinda figured because scooby doo is really popular with the kids.

Plus, they just remodeled that a few years back. I worked on it. hahaha!

don't think they'd eliminate something they just stuck money into.

Here is what I think will be the new rides for the Nickelodeon Universe:

Avatar - I think this will be a new Zamperla coaster using the same type of design and technology as a Disko but a longer track.

Plankton (Free Fall) - Zamperla Jumping Star Ride

Danny Phantom (Flying Ride) - Zamperla Kite Flyer

Azul (Dora's Train Ride) - Zamperla Rio Grande Train Ride

Blue's (Jumping Journey) - Zamperla Jump Around

SpongBob - I don't know.

Zamperla will also do the modifications to the Carousel (turn it into Nick) and supply new bumper cars (or modify the old ones) for the Jimmy Neutron Outerspace bumper car ride.

But, theyre probably not going to buy 6 brand new rides from Zamperla.......that would cost a fortune. All you people forget one big thing! PKI IS NOT THE FIRST PARK RECEIVING A NICELODEON AREA EXPANSION! Carowinds got one last year and many things were new, yet there was still a lot of re-theming, however even with mostly re-themed rides and little improvements the area looks gorgeous. Amusent rides arent cheap and amusement parks not cheap to run, PKI is looking to save money, just as all parks are.

There is not really that much room behind Footlong Express. It is straddled by the entrance and exit ramps of WWC. And behind that are the train tracks and the bridge for WWC`s entrance and exit. If any restaurant is rethemed into a Nick Cafe, I would anticipate it being Wings or one of the existing HB eateries.

You are forgetting PKI's Nick Area will be a Universe..plus that fact PKI's kiddie area brings in the money.

Thats true but in the business aspect of things, the park will most likely get a couple new attractions and make the others "like new" Carowinds overhauled basically all of the rides in NC this year and added new motors and spruced it up because its cheaper and time effective just to do that vs ripping out a ride, get the land right and adding a similar if not the same ride.

Well PKI's will be a universe not a central like carowinds all the small rides that go round are getting taken out & most of HBL/NC is getting bulldozed..some of the newer rides will be rethemed to nick but pki will have new additions as well PKI's kids area is a huge huge money maker.