Will H-B Land be there in October?

italianchef

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something deep in my soul cringes knowing a lightweight like Nickelodeon is taking over the legendary Hanna Barbera. RIP HBL - The place will never be the same without you.

I wonder if the occupation of HBL will be a peaceful one, or if the Nickelodeon characters will find it necessary to use force.

LOL ^ I am gonna miss Fred Flintstone and Yogi Bear Iam just thankful Scooby is still popular enough to be at the park of course Scooby has always been popular with kids and adults.I keep reminding myself when kids go to PKI and see Spongebob,Patrick Star,Rugrats,Fairly Oddparents they will be awe struck as I was back when the smurfs and HB characters roamed the park.

Yes. That is the reason why they will be removing most of the references to Hanna Barbera. Kids these days aren`t watching HB like they used to. They are watching all the Nick shows. Just imagine how awe struck they will be if they get to ride on a Spongebob Coaster with theming! Or drive through a land full of Nick characters! While I will be sad to see some of the classic rides leave from HBL, rides that I once rode when I was small, I am looking forward to the new Nick Central. Especially if PKI has in store for us what I think they have do!

I haven`t heard anything official, but I have heard that Scooby`s Ghoster Coaster, Dick Dastardly`s Biplanes, Quick Draw`s Railway, and possibly Baba Looey`s Buggies (handcars) and the Alley Cat 500 (kiddie whip) might be removed. These rides comprise what is known as the South Pie of Hanna Barbera Land. I sincerly hope that at least the kiddie whip and hand cars are spared, along with the motorized train cars. I could care less about the biplanes or Scooby`s Ghoster Coaster. Only time will tell what attractions PKI does indeed tear out. But from a capacity (and a nostalgic) stand point, I hope it is as few rides as possible.

offtopic.gif Never rode it I was in the ''Smurfs generation'' so all I remember about that building is smurfs and from rumors I've read sounds like the smurfs will be making a comeback to the park(s) in 2008 to tie in with the new movie trilogy heck I have even read that paramount concept & design are already at work on a new smurf ride! Back on topic I hear Enchanted Voyage was cool were the Jetsons or Yogi bear on that ride at all?

user posted image

user posted image

Well Goobye HBL I will miss seeing Yogi Bear and Fred Flintstone, Barney Rubble and Dino,Astro and George Jetson when I visit the park I guess I will have to look forward to get my picture with my favorite character ever Scooby Doo thank goodness he hasnt left PKI! Hey we also got Spongebob Squarepants and Patrick Star! biggrin.gif

I cant wait to see whats in store for 2006!

I still miss The Enchanted Voyage

You & me both! I still think that Enchanted Voyage is what started my lifelong fascination with theme parks!

Keep in mind everyone that the floundering popularity of HB characters among today's youth probably isn't the primary reason for Nick taking over HB Land...it's the fact that Viacom owns Nick and they want to use the parks to promote their own media properties (that whole "synergy" thing).

There were a lot of HB characters I didn't even recognize in those images. For instance, I didn't know that Tom & Jerry were HB characters. Also, who is the blue elephant with the glasses in the Eifel Tower image?

Joel

When I was at the park in July I took pictures of Scooby`s Ghoster Coaster, Dick Dastardly`s Biplanes, Quick Draw`s Railway, and possibly Baba Looey`s Buggies (handcars) and the Alley Cat 500 signs. When I get time I will post them. Also anyone else think it was odd that some of the Quick Draw's Railway cars are already off the ride and sitting behind it? You can see them when you walk to BB. I have a picture some where show nothing but grass the year after they took out the cars back their. How the park has changed over the years. cowboy.gif

Edited by Vortex

I believe the elephant is part of the old Banana Splits show they used to have where guys were in those big costumes and pretended to play instruments. It's on Boomerang on Time Warner Digital, that's how I know. There was a lion, dog, bear, and elephant.

The Elephant is named Snorky. He was one of the Banana Splits. A show I loved as a child. When KI 1st opened they were seen in the part a lot. They're even on old postcards from the park. The others were Fleagle, Bingo and Drooper. I loved the show Danger Island they used to play on there, it was ultra-goofy and fun. The way TV should be! wink.gif