new ride suggestions

peteytherocker

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I don't see a new coaster coming next year at all just alot paint, new signs, and rethemeing. HBL will still be around alot smaller but it will be their whats left. PKI could use another big flat for now in Coney that area needs something new.

I see a Junior coaster coming biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

PKI Pilot, they can move the skyscraper game after all it is trailer mounted and the jump 2 does not take up a large footprint. Plenty of room with the lazer tag building gone.

And why call it the King of Beast when it is not as tall as the son and copies the orginal. Trying to make coasters that copy off of great ones never turns out good. i.e. The Mean Streak is inspired and tries to simulate the Texas Giant. Uhhh here was a horrible idea. Extremely Violent ride = Extremely Violent and Crappy ride.

The next big coaster at PKI needs to be steel, whether it is a hyper/giga or a multi invertor.

The ever changing ride idea. Lets think of the cost of something that big, plus the problems they have had with SOB. So lets consider those things and build a taller, faster, longer inverting woodie. Yeah that makes sense.

"Laddies and gentleman when exiting the station please visit the Nurses station to check for internal bleeding and broken bones. Thank you and have a great day at Paramounts Kings Island."

I think the whole Beast Slayer or Beast Layer (that would be the mom of beast) idea is kind of lame, though. Sounds a little renaissance-festivally to me.

Personally, does PKI need a huge roller coaster? I like the fact that they're unique and not simply copying off other parks (*cough* Cedar Point *cough*). And if you're familiar with the headaches CP has had with TTD, you'd know bigger doesn't always mean better--it's a good ride, but all the downtime has disappointed quite a few people.

What they need to do is find some middle ground between being a family park and a movie-oriented thrill park. I would love to see them sink some big bucks into theming and make some real state-of-the art movie attractions. Tomb Raider is a good start and I think Italian Job sounds cool (didn't get to PKI this year to ride it, though). PKI has a lot of great thrill movies in their archives and I think they could really make a name for themselves as the Midwest's premiere movie theme park...it's closer than Florida for a lot of people.

^

^

^

Forum topic is new ride suggestions, not this is definately what PKI will get in the next few years. Im sorry I forgot you know whats being built and when. So enlighten myself and the rest of us as to what PKI will build over the next 6 years since you are the expert.

The ever changing ride idea.  Lets think of the cost of something that big, plus the problems they have had with SOB.  So lets consider those things and build a taller, faster, longer inverting woodie.  Yeah that makes sense.

"Laddies and gentleman when exiting the station please visit the Nurses station to check for internal bleeding and broken bones.  Thank you and have a great day at Paramounts Kings Island."

Actually it could be smooth if built by a better company,. and the post above this one, you dont need to be rude, shes trying to say that we dont need to have the argument as to why PKI doesnt not need and will unlikely not get a hyper or giga coaster anytime soon. The focus is families and theming and hyper coasters arent falling into those plans, we'd definently all like to see some massive steel coasters at PKI, but face it, its not happening.

LesbiasaurusREX Posted on Oct 18 2005, 02:18 PM

PKI is not going to get a Hyper or a Giga anytime soon and anyone who thinks that is pretty stupid so get off it. Maybe a small B&M or small looping coaster, but no hyper or giga.

Just answered with the same tone I received from a previous response. It wasnt long ago FOF, SOB, and TRTR were built. Those are not geared towards families, but more thrill seeking individuals. So I will not discount the possibility of a B&M or Intamin creation coming to the park over the next few years.

Yes wood coasters can be built smooth, but they have limits on height and speed unlike steel coasters. I truly beleive that a coaster with the height and speed of SOB will be intense wheter built by a great wood coaster builder or one who takes on a task they cannot handle. I just think the layout of SOB and any woodie of that size and speed will lead to roughness, especially over time because of the beating the track and structure takes.

Wow, there are way too many to name, but I am sure we need some big coaster, like The Beast, to come to the park and make it known to the world. Cedar Point came out with both MF and TTD and now SFGA came out with KK. PKI needs some type of hyper/giga coaster to put us on top of others. We have been somewhat slow with coming out with rides that are top of the line. IJST was cool and all but we need an awesome one!

• 2 months later...

Think if they built The Beast Slayer near SOB and made it interwind with SOB's track.  Kinda like the two were fighting.  Steel vs. Wood

I like that idea. I do know we need a new stand up coaster due to KC being removed for Delerium. I say make it as good or better then CP's Mantis. biggrin.gif oh and SOB makes my teeth raddle and no i dont have dentures lol