new ride suggestions

peteytherocker

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we're making suggestions, I suggest a flying coaster, floorless coaster, hyper or giga coaster. Any one of those would be fine.

"I highly doubt they'll build another hyper coaster after the mess with Son of Beast."

Maybe, but I doubt you'd have the same problems with a steel hyper as you would a wood hyper.

Except, Arrow Dynamics doesn't exist any more. It's S&S/Arrow now and Arrow doesn't do any designing or building any more.

"I would love to see something Steel that is themed as The Beast Slayer or The Beast Tamer. Something to tie in The Beast Tradition."

I like the way you think. Beast Slayer is a cool name and would tie in with the others.

"I would love to see something Steel that is themed as The Beast Slayer or The Beast Tamer. Something to tie in The Beast Tradition."

I like the way you think.  Beast Slayer is a cool name and would tie in with the others.

Does anyone remember the "trilogy" of attractions that they used to have at Luxor in Vegas? There was a 4D movie, a simulator, and something else that I can't remember right now. They were three separate rides, but all tied together with a common storyline. It was a pretty cool concept that I never saw repeated anywhere else (and it eventually disappeared at Luxor...)

That's kind of what The Beast, SoB, and Beast Slayer idea reminded me of...three coasters that go together to form a single adventure storyline. I know, I know...sounds kind of "high concept" for PKI, but that's what this thread made me think of.

Joel

I think The Beast Slayer could go some where, but it shouldnt be called Beast Slayer. Thats just TOO redundant for ride names. I dont think there is anyother park that has the same word in 3 of their ride names! (Beast, Beastie, Son of Beast)

It should be somthing themed to slay a beast and have lots of tie in's with The Beast and Son of Beast, just dont call the ride Beast Slayer.

Well, first off, we can't count Beastie as a "real" coaster. It's a kiddie coaster :-) And it could have a name change with NC change (doubt it, but it could).

Why do people refer to SOB as "a mess"? Yes, it's rough...but did anyone really expect a 200+ foot wooden coaster to be smooth? It's a ride all of us hit when we come down from Michigan and I bet that Paramount Parks is pretty happy with the crowds it's drawn in.

A big steel coaster might be cool...but I think it would be out of place at PKI. PKI doesn't usually build huge monster coasters just for the heck of it. Even SOB was unique in that it had a loop and it was WOODEN. Personally I'd like to see something a bit more original. Is there anything that hasn't been done yet?

I highly doubt they'll build another hyper coaster after the mess with Son of Beast. They're more interested in family attractions, with a little bit of intense thrills put into the mix.

That Screamin Swing idea is good, considering Kennywood is getting one next year...

Ahem... SoB is not a Hyper...

Mega... is 200 ft

Hyper... is 300 ft

Strato... is 400 ft

Mega Coaster... Thats all

Sticking with the Beast Slayer idea. Heres a concept that would take a little more work. Building a B&M Floorless intertwined with SOB and at various locations throughout the ride have near miss head on fly byes and also have Beast Slayer's track perform inversions like zero G rolls directly above SOB track.

This would be like what you experience on Gwazi and Dueling Dragons.

Its a family park I love coasters but I think were going to see more MGM /disney type family rides, more themed rides. As long as its Paramount we'll see more dark family rides, and rides that have high capacity. I think for our beloved Kings Island the days of record setters are over!

The next great ride Addams family the ride, through the addams family house!

High... HIGH!? Capacity?

IJST...

36 people in one full circuit... NOT A GOOD PLAN!!

however it is popular, and when people see the line that long, a 2-3 hour wait isnt too attractive...

Its a fun ride, but I wouldnt wait more than 45 min.

I dont wait long for rides...

Im impatient...

I time them, see how fast they move...

I like lines to be short, or constantly moving...