What will Geauga Lake get in 07'?

I have been thinking and I was curious what people thought about what GL would get in 2007! I honestly think a nice hyper coaster would do really good at the park! The have the room and the opened up a bunch of free space by taking out the old hurricanne Hannahs water park! Plus there is a lot of land behind the Villian to use. remember that hypers dont take up much space example Magnum is just resally long and not very wide at all!!!

So what does everyone think??

From what i understand, wildwater kingdom-phase one did not bring in the

people they were wanting. I hope the crowds start returning soon. I would hate

to see geauga lake follow the same path as astroworld. sad.gif

"From what i understand, wildwater kingdom-phase one did not bring in the

to see geauga lake follow the same path as astroworld."

Maybe it didn't bring in the numbers that they were hoping for, but it has brought people back to GL and that's what it was intended to do.

Klockster, GL is not really in competition with CP. GL is more family friendly and not a thrill park like CP. Also, CP is a resort destination whereas GL can easily be done in a day.

I am hoping that in 2007, GL will finally be installing the long rumored hypercoaster.

GL has been trying to get a Hyper Coaster ever since the constructed XFlight and Dominator. The problem is that the city of Auroa will not clear the height restriction on the ride. GL sits in two different townships, because the sea world side was in a different township than the GL side. Hence they want to build the new Hyper on the Sea World side, but cant get the city to clear the project. Gotta love small town politics.

P.S. GL is a great park and if you havent been, it is worth the trip.

From what i understand, wildwater kingdom-phase one did not bring in the

to see geauga lake follow the same path as astroworld. sad.gif

While GL's attendance remained down in the early season (due to Wildwater Kingdom's delayed opening), it rebounded after WK opened. GL reported a 19% attendance increase in August over the previous year. Although still down from SFWOA's reported numbers, a double-digit comp year increase is nothing to sneeze at...

Joel

^Exactly wink.gif

^^They wanted to build the hyper on the "Wildlife Side" because they were out of room on the "Wildrides Side" (unless they wanted to use the rest of the parking lot), but to my understanding, it was the "Wildlife Side" that had the hight restrictions that delayed the long awaited hyper. Now that Geauga Lake has room to build on the "Wildrides Side", which has a rumored clearance of 210ft, we may get that long awaited hyper in 07, along with some new flats and a new area (Kingda Ka/Golden Kingdom anyone?)!

As for next year, we WILL indeed be getting Phase II of WWK! We also will get the Raging Wolf Bobs final year of retracking, a possible Villain retracking, tons of new paint jobs (mostly coasters), more refurbishments, and we may also receive a couple of flats!

Speaking about the height restrictions. I have always heard an interesting rumor that GL may do some tunneling, so their Hyper coaster would have a longer drop. The rumors usually talk about the tunnels adding an additional 30-50ft on the first drop. Kinda interesting rumor, but I would imagine it is nothing more since the land that the park sits on probably would not allow for a tunnel that deep. With the lake on property I imagine there is a lot of water underground.