INTAMIN or B&M?

It is a toss up for me, but I voted for B&M. There inverted line up is still going strong more than ten years after its induction. Their rides are fast, smooth and just down right fun! Intamin is equally good in my opinion. Their rides are also fast and fun. Millenium Force is down right awesome! Now if only PKI would purchase a roller coaster from one of these two fine companies!

I picked Intamin for the sheer fact that I want and awesome launched coaster in my local area. I don't care about the top hat or being the tallest-fastest or whatever. I just want to see a rocket coaster that has tons of air time hills, overbanked turns and lots of thrills.

Intamin barely beat out B&M in my book for this wish. Otherwise I would have picked B&M cause I could watch the track and supports from start to finished product as they are built and painted in Batavia then relocated and installed at my local park all with one days trip.

You'd think being obsessed with parks and having to walk around all day would take off some pounds... ohmy.giflaugh.gif

I'd take Intamin anyday over B&M, I love the out of control feeling and lack of trim brakes (on mostly all of them) that Intamin has. Plus B&M doesn't have any launched coasters (and Hulk doesn't count cause B&M didn't make that launch).

I love Intamin, but B&M all the way! The Hulk, Dueling Dragons, Raptor, Kumba, Nitro, Alpengeist, Montu, and Apollos Chariot. I dont know what more to say, but I have never been on a Beemer that wasnt absolutely amazing. The smoothness, the flow of the ride, and the sheer creativeness of the inversions and layouts. Beemers are almost like a religious experience.

PKI needs a Beemer, but the also need a Giga from Intamin.

" I don't know, I don't really like Intamin cause they kill people..."

I guess you could show ur fear for riding one but in another fact that cars kill people, are you not going to drive anymore because of this fact? FEW and I mean FEW are killed by riding Intamin rides and you have a better chance of getting struck by lightning inside a building in a park than you do getting killed by riding say Superman.

You know B&M came from intamin. Many of Intamin's older rides are from when Intamin and B&M were still one company. Just look at the track. (PS im not just saying this because of the way the track looks) They divided in the years after they started building these coasters. Intamin hasnt used this kind of track since.

Ride #1 <shockwave built 1986

Ride #2 <shockwave bulit 1988 (operating since 1994)

Ride #3 <batman the escape built 1986

Ride #4 <Stand up built 1988

Ride #5 <flashback Built 1985

Ride 3 is actually ride #1 just moved but it was built as far back as 1986

The first B&M coaster was Iron Wolf Six flags great america in 1990. Since then Intamin has not used this form of track. So if you think B&M is better, just know where its origin is, and if you think Intamin is better, well there is a large part of Intamin in B&M. B&M are just when Walter Bolliger and Claud Mallbiard decided to start their own company.

-Nick-

Walter and Claude. They've had a better record of reliability, compatibility (for larger riders) and safety than Intamin has of lately. The fact that their trains seat 4 across are also very family friendly, IMO. But if it were Intamin vs. Vekoma or most other steel manufacturers (other than B&M), I'd go with the Intamin...

I like Arrow Dynamics the best.... laugh.gif

I have never been on an Intamin - but the one B&M I have been on was one of the worst coasters I have EVER been on. So I will probably rank Intamin higher. They look cool, and besides Intamin makes other rides like Drop Zone and White Water Canyon that I HAVE been on.

- but the one B&M I have been on was one of the worst coasters I have EVER been on.

Chang isnt that bad! Its better than Mantis!

IDK why and despite the lack of the second corkscrew that Chang has, I like Mantis more. It just seems smoother for some reason.

Yeah but in the early days of Mantis it would Castrate most men if they did not adjust the seat properly. B&M left out key information about the proper adjusting of the seat for men and CP got some lawsuits over various incidents with family jewels. One of the main reassons CP has decided to go with Intamin lately and let the other Cedar Fair parks build Beemers.

All coaster companies have their mishaps. Some get press and some dont.