Kings Island to Overhaul Children's Area for 2006

ZosoBeast

Kings Island, Ohio– Paramount’s Kings Island, long ranked as offering the “Best Kid’s Area in the World,†Amusement Today Golden Ticket award winner 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005, is excited to premiere the most elaborate collection of Nickelodeon-inspired rides and attractions in the world opening in the Spring of 2006. Nick Universe includes a total of 18 rides and attractions bringing to life Nickelodeon’s most popular character celebrities and adventures including Avatar™, The Backyardigans™, Blue’s Clues™, Danny Phantom™, Dora the Explorer™, The Fairly OddParents™, Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius™, LazyTown™, Little Bill™, The Rugrats™, SpongeBob SquarePants™, and The Wild Thornberrys™.

The largest Nickelodeon area in the world boasts six all-new attractions including:

Thrill-seeking families take a whirlwind ride with Avatar on this first-of-its kind family roller coaster.

Kids can enjoy a free-fall ride in the hopes to escape the menacing wrath of Plankton, SpongeBob SquarePants’ nemesis.

Families fly with Danny Phantom as they spin through the air like a superhero.

All aboard Azul™ the train! – Passengers join Dora the Explorer and Boots™ on a storybook train ride adventure.

Kids join Blue for a jumping journey around her house.

Guests enter the adventures of Bikini Bottom through a pineapple under the sea to experience SpongeBob SquarePants’ underwater world.

Nick Universe also features two new neighborhoods containing a variety of Dora the Explorer and SpongeBob SquarePants - inspired rides and attractions. In addition, this area has new dining, shopping and celebrity encounters with kids’ favorite Nickelodeon stars.

“Thanks to our incredible partnership with Nickelodeon, we are creating the next level of family entertainment. We are excited to offer a collection of new attractions that parents and kids can enjoy together, in conjunction with new family-friendly amenities such as spacious shaded walkways and additional shaded seating,†said Craig Ross executive vice president and general manager for Paramount’s Kings Island. “The Nickelodeon Universe area and attraction detail, along with other new 2006 attraction information, will be announced after the conclusion of our long anticipated WinterFest holiday event.â€Â

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

biggrin.gif So we really are getting the Aviator! It may not be the Flying Eagles - but it's kind of LIKE the Flying Eagles! biggrin.gif

And TWO ROLLER COASTERS!!!! w0000

Sounds like a Wild Mouse for the Spongebob thing, and one of those Volare rides for the Avatar - kind of like Tomb Raider The Ride at PCW. Those little prone flying coasters....

They way they describe some of the rides, it sounds like they are going to take some of the current rides and retheme them to "Nick Universe". For example, that Train w/ Dora sounds like the Choo ride that is there already. The free-fall ride or the Danny Phantom ride could be the Atom Aunt's ride.

Danny Phantom will most likely be the Aviator. It is kind of like the Flying Eagles but a little different cause it has two rudders, and OTSR I think.

The drop ride could be like the Scream Machine at Coney. It would have to be bigger than a frog hopper to really be that exciting. Plus adults cant ride Frog Hoppers.

If the Avatar is indeed a Volare Flying Coaster - I think it would be awesome!

You can read more details about this at these links:

http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../509220357/1005

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art.../509220344/1056

It sounds like the 6 things described are all brand new and not revamps of current rides. Many current rides will be changes though as mentioned in this Cincy Post article.

Also, they do describe the Sponge Bob thing as a walk through. I was hoping for a dark ride of some sort, but the walk-through could be fun too!

from the enquirer:

"Parents and grandparents can all ride them together. For example, the Phantom Flyer - where you lie on your stomach or on your back next to mom, dad or grandma - simulates you flying just like a super hero." sounds like the "chance aviator" to me... there is one just like it at PKD, seein in the photo here:

theFlatrides.com PKD Aviator

as for the avtar, "a first of its kind coaster"?? i wonder what kind of coaster it could possibly be.... let the speculation begin.

do we think we are lucky enough to get two coasters in one year? could spongebob be the wild mouse we've been waiting so long for??? I hope so, but i doubt it.

and last but not least.... why no mention of the nicktoons car wash! why do we still have the tiques sitting around???

Ok so the spongebob underwater thingy is a waterplay walk thur? I just hope the spongebob thing is themed well enough to keep my interest.

Avatar- sounds like kick a$$ coaster

Beastie will become Fairly Odd Coaster?

Top Cat will be kown as Little Bill?

Where is Bob the Builder? or Max & Ruby..if you have kids you'll what I'm speaking of!

''Although Kings Island's sister park Carowinds redesigned its Nickelodeon theme area this year, billing it as the "world's largest," Nick Universe will overtake it for bragging rights as "the world's largest collection of Nickelodeon rides and attractions" when it opens next spring.

The multimillion-dollar revamp (Kings Island does not name dollar figures on its projects) will be the first and only Nick Universe among the five Paramount theme parks, Siebert said.

"It will be typical of Disney or Universal type (theming) quality," he added. "Much more attention to detail, much more magic."

That great to hear I hope the themes are well done because I have a lil one who LOVES spongebob.

The took out the Eagles and are going to put in a Chance Aviator? The Aviator is a really impressive ride to watch, but the ride itself is quite lame. No matter what you do on the control sticks, not much happens to the vehicle. Unlike the Eagles.

Oh well Nick Universe will still be awesome.