Kings Island to Overhaul Children's Area for 2006

ZosoBeast

from the enquirer:

"Parents and grandparents can all ride them together. For example, the Phantom Flyer - where you lie on your stomach or on your back next to mom, dad or grandma - simulates you flying just like a super hero." sounds like the "chance aviator" to me... there is one just like it at PKD, seein in the photo here:

theFlatrides.com PKD Aviator

Awesome looking ride, but in reality it really sucks. You can barely notice any change in elevation with the controls and it personally makes me dizzy (one of the very few rides that does too) and I really wish KD would get rid of ours. unsure.gif

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Phantom Flyer is not a Aviator ride. Avatar sounds like an spinning coaster. "A ride based on "Blue's Clues," with children actually riding in "Blue" shaped cars which will jump up and down as they circle her house." Sounds like the Tumble Bug. Keep in mind, Carowinds advertises Dora The Explorer's Adventure as all new in 2005, but the ride has been there since 1973. "A Bikini Bottom attraction that will replace the current Green Slime Zone Water Maze. "Guests will enter in through SpongeBob's Pineapple and exit through Squidword's Tiki House," Siebert said. "It's somewhat a walk-through attraction."" More than like will be a remodeled waterplay area.

Universal/Disney quality theming sounds great but then again they consider the Italian Job themed dry.gif I'm hoping the Avatar coaster will be an indoor coaster/darkride to replace the rumored Sponge Bob one (which I'm dissapointed were not getting). Hopefully the theming on the Avatar coaster will make you feel like your in and anceint fantasy world filled with magical creatures, just like when riding a Disney attraction!

BTW, the new logo sucks!

Rugrats are not listed as one of the characters that will rethem any rides. So is Runaway Reptar going to be rethemed ??? wink.gif

No!

''The area will be unrecognizable when guests enter next year," he predicted. Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle and a Scooby Doo meet-and-greet will remain, as will the already-Nickelodeon-themed Rugrats Runaway Reptar suspended roller coaster and the Wild Thornberrys log-flume ride (the latter two of which will be "refreshed.''

"It will be typical of Disney or Universal type (theming) quality," he added. "Much more attention to detail, much more magic."

Yeah...OK.

I imagine when it's all said and done, Nick Universe will resemble the quality of ToonTown (DL) or Seuss Landing (IOA), much the way Boomerang Bay resembles Disney's Typhoon Lagoon... (Meaning, a far cry from that caliber of theming...)

I really wish they wouldn't overreach so much in the hyperbole... Paramount Parks do what they do as a seasonal/regional park very well. Consistently promising Disney/Universal quality theming, then consistently always falling short of it only serves to disappoint your audience.

I'm sure Nick Universe will be a huge improvement and a very nice area, and the kids will love it. There's no reason to promise Disney World when you know you can't really deliver it...

Joel

New Nickelodeon™ Universe Premieres in 2006 at Paramount’s Kings Island™

Multi-million dollar area features the world’s largest collection

of Nickelodeon rides and attractions.

WOW: sounds so disney like, sounds like sponge bob will be a dark ride? not a wild mouse , and a new coaster for families. And heck I would say that Danny phantom will be a themed Space Surfer like ride not our beloved eagles back. And getting insight from different sites around the web Some ride removals!!!

But wow does this sound great Nickelodeon Universe!!!!

Go Kings Island: we will keep the golden ticket!

Sure hope they keep the kiddy whip??????

Can't wait to read everyone's posts:

^^^Exactly wink.gif

This is a huge dissapointment, I was really hoping for atleast a darkride unsure.gif Disney's all about darkrides, so when you promise Disney quality, we expect highly themed darkrides. Do they even read the comments on the surveys? All I ever do is suggest darkrides and animatronics. I guess not because look what their offering. Our flyers back with the Danny Phantom theme would have been more appealing!

I'm still rooting for you PKI, I don't know if I can take another dissapointment sad.gif

The Phantom Flyer is not a Aviator ride. Avatar sounds like an spinning coaster. "A ride based on "Blue's Clues," with children actually riding in "Blue" shaped cars which will jump up and down as they circle her house." Sounds like the Tumble Bug. Keep in mind, Carowinds advertises Dora The Explorer's Adventure as all new in 2005, but the ride has been there since 1973. "A Bikini Bottom attraction that will replace the current Green Slime Zone Water Maze. "Guests will enter in through SpongeBob's Pineapple and exit through Squidword's Tiki House," Siebert said. "It's somewhat a walk-through attraction."" More than like will be a remodeled waterplay area.

^That stinks. I was hoping for the Crash Course Boating School, not some walk-through! sad.gifmad.gif

I thought SpongeBob was the most popular character on Nick, not Avatar? I was at least expecting this new coaster to be themed to the Fairly OddParents. Oh, well.

I'm gonna be ****ed if PKD or PGA gets the Crash Course Boating School ride for their Nick Central expansions and we don't.

*SARCASM: PGA can have our IJ:ST in exchange for Crash Course Boating School. We don't want our Stunt Track any more. laugh.gif *

Should be fun. So can we get a big coaster later?

Here is the way I see it. This year, IJST, next year Nick Universe. Two years of family rides so the park will go for thrilling audiences in 2007. That and the fact that Coaster Con is coming to PKI in 2007, the biggest ACE event every year.

One can hope! We should get a 600 foot tall Intamin Launch coaster with 19 inversions! rolleyes.gif

I don't think we'll ever see a HUGE coaster like that. Not even anything of the scale of Magnum at CP. Son of Beast is probably the biggest coaster we will ever have. But smaller rides can be good too. IJST might not be a good example, but look at FOF. It is very tiny for what it is.

I would like to see an Intamin Launch Coaster like Kanonen or Storm Runner. Not just up the tower and back - but ones with a real layout.

Either way I think this is a very good addition for the park!

Here is the way I see it. This year, IJST, next year Nick Universe. Two years of family rides so the park will go for thrilling audiences in 2007. That and the fact that Coaster Con is coming to PKI in 2007, the biggest ACE event every year.

I don't necessarily put IJ in the same category as Nick Universe, but I do agree with you on all other aspects. IJ is a mildly thrilling ride, so families can enjoy it and thus park attendance will go up. On the other hand, in 07, a big coaster and Coaster Con will bring major media attention to PKI which will yield the same results.

^^^Exactly wink.gif

This is a huge dissapointment, I was really hoping for atleast a darkride unsure.gif Disney's all about darkrides, so when you promise Disney quality, we expect highly themed darkrides. Do they even read the comments on the surveys? All I ever do is suggest darkrides and animatronics. I guess not because look what their offering. Our flyers back with the Danny Phantom theme would have been more appealing!

I'm still rooting for you PKI, I don't know if I can take another dissapointment sad.gif

Who here actually voted for Crash Course Boating School to be built for next year's Nick Central Expansion?

Skippy: No, they don't read the survey comments. Hordes of people have asked for more heavily-themed rides, not to mention an Addams Family Coaster and FOF being re-themed to Soundwave, yet Paramount Parks has the mindset of Six Flags-guests don't care about darkrides; they want coasters.

Yeah, I'm still rooting for PKI, but it wouldn't surprise me to see all of the Paramount Parks sold to Disney or Universal the way PP is treating them.

Oh boy PKI becomes the world's largest day care ... woo  dry.gif . I think Avatar may be either a Maurer Shone spinning mouse or a Gerstlauer spinning mouse.

Oh please please. If the ride is some version of a Maurer Shone extended spinner I will love Kings Island for ever, best spinning mouse coasters ever. I've never been on a Gerstlauer spinner but I've heard they are also fun so I'd be happy with one of those two, although I'd prefer a Maurer Shone. I just don't know how a Maurer Shone would be a first of its kind, although with all the effects that the claim they can add to an extended those features may make it a "first of its kind". Like how the have the see-saw track and all kinds of other features.

Now Ringmaster I hardly understand your logic. All Paramount Parks does is add rollercoasters? Man where have I been I could have sworn that the last major coaster PKI got was over 5 years ago. Not to mention that they spent around $20 million on TR:TR and Delirium, both of which aren't coasters. Not to mention PGA getting more coasters removed than added recently, PKD most recently adding TR:FF, and PC with the Nick addition. If anything I'd say that out of Six Flags, Cedar Fair, and Paramount, Paramount is the chain that needs to add some more large coasters.

Actually, I just thought of something! What if the new Avatar spinning coaster is like the new Disney Studios spinning coaster, dubbed "Crush's Turtle Twister." If they finish it before Disney it will indeed be the first if it's kind, I included artwork below to give you an idea of what I'm talking about:

user posted image

Now take away the Crush exterior and replace it with, oh let say Appa (Aang's flying Byson).

user posted image

This would definatly be the darkride I've been waiting for, fun for the whole family.

All we can do is hope for the best (at least untill the grand unveiling this January)! I just hope PKI knows what their doing! BTW, don't look into this too much because you may just set yourself up for a dissapointment wink.gif

Dont forget who your co-host is... Holiday World!!!

OMFG HOLIDAY WORLD!!! laugh.gif

I love the park - but this is a PKI event. Hopefully we will be getting something bigER. I don't think were going to get an expedition GE FORCE - its only themed rides from here on out. And by theming I don't mean calling Delirium a Tornado. But still something for the big kids would be cool. But that's another topic.

Let's keep the discussion on the new NICKELODEON UNIVERSE expansion at PARAMOUNT'S Kings Island!!!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif