Kings Island to Overhaul Children's Area for 2006

ZosoBeast

I think some are getting a little over excited about a children's area for their age. If you have kids I can understand getting excited.

I would think if you was over 15 you wouldn't get much out of the children's area.

^Unless your a kid at heart and have 2 kids...No offense but I know people like you captain love to spoil everyones moment!

It's ok if some of us like cartoons and are over 15 I say if it makes you happy then so be it!

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some are getting a little over excited about a children's area for their age. If you have kids I can understand getting  excited.

I would think if you was over 15 you wouldn't get much out of the children's area.

^Unless your a kid at heart and have 2 kids...No offense but I know people like you captain love to spoil everyones moment!

It's ok if some of us like cartoons and are over 15 I say if it makes you happy then so be it!

I didn't say anything about cartoons and you don't know me.

Sorry about your moment!

Picard never said anything about kids over 15 being childish. I love cartoons and when I read his post I wasnt offended. All hes saying is that most older people arent getting excited most older kids shouldnt get that excited either, its gonna be a fantastic place for kids but it wont be that great for us, most of the rides i believe will require you to have a child with you to ride like Taxi Jam.

I think some are getting a little over excited about a children's area for their age. If you have kids I can understand getting  excited.

I didn't say anything about cartoons and you don't know me.

Sorry about your moment!

Whatever dude- Likewise I know peeps like you ya'll like to spoil the moment just because it's a kids area doesnt mean any thing capt.

If people want to get pumped up for NU it's alright just because you seem to think it's wrong well thats your prob.

Picard never said anything about kids over 15 being childish. I love cartoons and when I read his post I wasnt offended. All hes saying is that most older people arent getting excited most older kids shouldnt get that excited either, its gonna be a fantastic place for kids but it wont be that great for us, most of the rides i believe will require you to have a child with you to ride like Taxi Jam.

UNLESS you have kids combat!

Picard never said anything about kids over 15 being childish.

Capt said I think some are getting a little over excited about a children's area for their age. If you have kids I can understand getting excited.

I have 2 kids I take everyyear to PKI and I really am pumped because I know they will be riding ride themed to characters they know and love.

I would love to see Nick Univ. to be a complete transformation of the area and for it to have the same feel as Seuss Landing or Toon Lagoon at IOA. Those are two amazing childrens areas and are probably also the most enjoyable for adults. If PKI can do something somewhat close to that Nick Univ. will be absolutely amazing.

I honestly cannot wait til April! I wanna see the layout for NU long way to first of JAN 2006.. I agree scooby I am glad I can take my baby boy to NU and let him ride the stuff thats themed to the characters he loves.

Heres hoping things will turn out great!

And just for fun here is something I bet none of you know:

Spongebob & Fairly Odd parents Facts:

SpikeTV approached Stephen Hillenburg to do an "Adult" version of Spongebob Squarepants for their adult animation block. The show was to be similar in concept to "Ren & Stimpy 'Adult Party Cartoon'" (2003), Hillenburg refused to do it and Nick refused to sell the rights to SpikeTV.

Spongebob's date of birth is 14 July 1986

Spongebob lives at 124 Conch Street.

Mr. Krabs lives at 3541 Anchor Way.

Some of the streets in Fairy World are named for famous magicians. A street corner made entirely out of playing cards can be found at the intersection of Penn and Teller streets. Also Siegfried and Roy.

Timmy's "silly pink hat" was originally supposed to be blue, but Butch Hartman's blue marker ran dry while designing the character, so he used pink instead. The explanation given on the show to Timmy's hat is that Timmy's parents where expecting to have a daughter so they bought all girly clothes, including one pink hat

The Fairly Oddparents started off as a short on the show "Oh Yeah Cartoons".

Hey when you got a kid you gotta think like one also Iam a Nicktoon freak I love nicktoons biggrin.gif

I would love to see Nick Univ. to be a complete transformation of the area and for it to have the same feel as Seuss Landing or Toon Lagoon at IOA.  Those are two amazing childrens areas and are probably also the most enjoyable for adults.  If PKI can do something somewhat close to that Nick Univ. will be absolutely amazing.

That would be a pretty interesting site to see. If they can pull off Nick Universe with a high-quality caliber that can be seen in a Toon Lagoon or Suess Landing, then PKI can be called "Disney-esque."

Here's a thought that you can chew on:

Just realize that from 2001 to 2006 we have seen the most amount of family rides built by Paramount for Kings Island (save Tomb Raider and Delirium). All this can only mean one thing-PKI is saving up for something HUGE for thrill-seekers.

Think about it-PKI realizs that, soon enough, someone will probably beat either The Beast or Son of Beast, but they don't want to place something big down right away. They need time to wait things out and watch to see what other companies are doing. In the meantime, the perfect opportunity to sit back and wait is to please the 2nd (though now 1st) demographic of park guests-families. Hence the original Nick Central of '01 and Boomerang Bay of '04 (Nick Universe is really the end result of liscesing issues with Hanna-Barbera).

Now comes 2007-PKI's 35th anniversary, and the year that Coasterfest '07 (I'm not sure if that's the name for it) is hosted at Kings Island. Something tells me we could be seeing the either next generation of wooden/steel coaster hybrids or an even longer and more out-of-control wooden coaster than The Beast itself in 2007. There's a kind of fear in the forest breeze that says that a new monster could awake at any moment.

Or maybe that's just me. I don't know; I'm just making it up as I go.

-The RingMaster gives his regards...weird.gif

Isn`t Roadrunner Express at SFKK a mouse coaster? I could see it being like Ricochet at Carowinds or Kings Dominion, or the Fly at Canada`s Wonderland. Those rides are extremely fun and popular with families. Not to mention they are still very thrilling even though they are small in size.

Capt said I think some are getting a little over excited about a children's area for their age. If you have kids I can understand getting excited.

I have 2 kids I take everyyear to PKI and I really am pumped because I know they will be riding ride themed to characters they know and love.

You really need to chill out dude, no one ever "spoiled" the moment or said you shouldnt get excited if you were over 15. Yes I am over 15 and I do get something out of the kids area. You need to stop being defensive about it. Picard can say whatever the hell he wants. So hes not excited about the kids area, he said so, he never spoiled the moment. The topic is "Kings Island to Overhaul Children's Area for 2006" not "all those who are pumped up about the kids area say so here". So Picards not pumped, who cares, he never spoiled anyhting.

You really need to chill out dude, no one ever "spoiled" the moment or said you shouldnt get excited if you were over 15. Yes I am over 15 and I do get something out of the kids area. You need to stop being defensive about it. Picard can say whatever the hell he wants. So hes not excited about the kids area, he said so, he never spoiled the moment. The topic is "Kings Island to Overhaul Children's Area for 2006" not "all those who are pumped up about the kids area say so here". So Picards not pumped, who cares, he never spoiled anyhting.

I agree with Scooby and Klockster Iam 23 and I have a 5 year old and Iam really pumped about the new kids area and Combat Scooby can say whatever the Hell he wants too!

So what young adults can get excited about Nick Universe Iam sure most of them have kids in their lives and have a reason to get pumped.

Other than that Hoopla Iam sure 2007 will bring something HUGE but first lets focus on NU and the 2006 season and what it will bring.

I agree with Scooby and Klockster Iam 23 and I have a 5 year old and Iam really pumped about the new kids area and Combat Scooby can say whatever the Hell he wants too!

So what young adults can get excited about Nick Universe Iam sure most of them have kids in their lives and have a reason to get pumped.

Other than that Hoopla Iam sure 2007 will bring something HUGE but first lets focus on NU and the 2006 season and what it will bring.

Does anyone read anymore or are you all too busy acting like little kids on the itnernet? The whole point of my post was that people can say whatever they want in this topic. I never said scoob couldnt say what he wanted. Of course if you thought about what you thought about what you were writing, you wouldnt have "spoiled" this topic. Grow up kids. Nick Universe 2006 woot.

Does anyone read anymore or are you all too busy acting like little kids on the itnernet? The whole point of my post was that people can say whatever they want in this topic. I never said scoob couldnt say what he wanted. Of course if you thought about what you thought about what you were writing, you wouldnt have "spoiled" this topic. Grow up kids. Nick Universe 2006 woot.

I am not agreeing or disagreeing. But I dont think combat was trying to be rude or anything, And I can understand what he means by his original post. But c'mon, Do you REALLY need to go bashing eachother over such a thing?

::: OFF TOPIC:::: No offense Iam just saying you seem to stick your nose in everyones comments and turn them around to start something let scooby and capt picard handle this.Yes I agree let people say what they want as long as it stays in bonds with TOS you agreed to when you reg'ed.

And yes LETS ALL BE FRIENDS.

Also have any of you heard that Squidward will be walk-around/Meet and Greet next year? I hope so my little boy loves squidward and patrick star.

Yeah everyone is entitled to their opinions on this, and there is no right or wrong. When I found out about Italian Job, I was like oh poo. It sounded ok. I didn't get that excited about it. And I still was let down. Then again there were other people who were like OMFG Italian Job!!!! And they love it.

I actually think this new Nickelodeon Universe expansion blows Italian Job out of the water. And they aren't even done announcing 2006 yet! biggrin.gif

Umm u guys are really wierd! Lets talk about something else besides pki and nick universe! If u still wanna talk about this stuff then y dont u just marry the website

Okay thats really weird and odd...I really dont understand what you just said...but the topic is Kings Island TO OVERHAUL CHILDRENS AREA FOR 2006 I think we pretty much gotta talk about NU and PKI dude.

PKI Dude doesn't post on here anymore... laugh.gif

But yeah this is a Paramount's Kings Island website, and a Nickelodeon Universe thread. What the hell else are we going to talk about? Should we randomly start talking about Dance Dance Revolution or OJ Simpson right in the middle of this thread? You can pretty much expect NU discussion in the NU thread...

PKI Dude doesn't post on here anymore... laugh.gif

But yeah this is a Paramount's Kings Island website, and a Nickelodeon Universe thread. What the hell else are we going to talk about? Should we randomly start talking about Dance Dance Revolution or OJ Simpson right in the middle of this thread? You can pretty much expect NU discussion in the NU thread...

Yes

OJ simpson was a murder...............