Kings Island to Overhaul Children's Area for 2006

ZosoBeast

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Says here in the Cincy Post artcile that the SpongeBob attraction "is somewhat a walk-through attraction."

Is it just me, or is this a hint that there's more to the SpongeBob ride than Siebert and PKI are saying? blink.gif

"It will be typical of Disney or Universal type (theming) quality," he added. "Much more attention to detail, much more magic."

Sarcasm: Yeah, that's what you said about IJ:ST. laugh.gif

It also mentions that this Bikini Bottom attraction will replace the water maze, yet it sounds as if it'll take up more space than previously mentioned. Any guesses that the Nick Theater will be involved? blink.gif

Oh well, I have an hour and a half left before I leave for Dry Run. I'll chat l8r.

-The RingMaster gives his regards...weird.gif

That is the one thing about the expansion. What will happen to the Nick Theater. It sits on a pretty sizable piece of real estate. Not to mention if they remove Scooby`s Ghoster Coaster, and a couple of the kiddy rides back there. Although, they will still have to maintain a path back to Boomerang Bay.

Hey, wait a minute.  If Blues Clues isn't a new ride, that leaves Crash Course as the possible 6th ride.  Theoretically at least. rolleyes.gif

Sorry to tell you this but some of the new rides will be the older ones with a new theme. Crash Course is not listed thats a rumor started on this broad. The only coaster will be Avatar. Nick will look just like HB just rethemed.

Edited by Vortex

Hey, wait a minute.  If Blues Clues isn't a new ride, that leaves Crash Course as the possible 6th ride.  Theoretically at least. rolleyes.gif

Sorry to tell you this but some of the new rides will be the older ones with a new theme. Crash Course is not listed thats a rumor started on this broad. The only coaster will be Avatar. Nick will look just like HB just rethemed.

Are you so sure about that huh.gif I happen to think MrPKI makes a good point! From what Jeffrey Seibert said, I highly doubt Nickelodeon Universe will look just like Hanna-Barbera Land only rethemed wink.gif If this is what everyone has been thinking of the upcoming expansion, then boy will you be pleasantly surprised come this January!

Here's a hint wink.gif

In the Nick Universe press release, they list as part of the six all-new attractions the Plankton free-fall ride, and they also mention traveling into SpongeBob SquarePants’ underwater world! Many assumed that they were talking about the new SpongeBob area, as it could easily be considered an "attraction", but then tell me whey they have the SpongeBob area listed underneath the new attractions list as part of the two all-new neighborhoods (along with the Dora the Explorer area) huh.gif They also mention new attraction(s) that will be included in the new areas, which to me, sounds like more than just the free-fall ride.

Could this mystery attraction be one that they will elaborate further upon this January? Could it be PKI's trump card that will guarantee pass sales, their keep at top seasonal attendance with a solid 2006 season, and their keep at the long running "Best Kid’s Area in the World" title? or could I just be looking into this too much? Lets wait and find out!

Well, I think it is pretty much agreed that there will be a ride replacing Scooby`s Ghoster Coaster, and it will be some sort of roller coaster. The free fall ride COULD be a new ride, or it could simply be a rename and rethem of Atom Ant Airways. We`ll have to just wait and see what PKI releases in January. Their announcement of Nick Universe with very few hard details was to drive season pass sales before the end of the season. Then in January, they will have more details to announce, and drive season pass sales in the slow winter months.

While I am no insider at Kings Island, I think their new rides will be from Zamperla. Here is why.

Avatar - I think this will be a new Zamperla coaster using the same type of design and technology as a Disko but a longer track.

Plankton (Free Fall) - Zamperla Jumping Star Ride

Danny Phantom (Flying Ride) - Zamperla Kite Flyer

Azul (Dora's Train Ride) - Zamperla Rio Grande Train Ride

Blue's (Jumping Journey) - Zamperla Jump Around

If SpongBob is a ride it might be a Zamperla Zig Zag Coaster Ride as an indoor themed dark ride.

Zamperla can also do the need modifications to the Carousel and supply new bumper cars for the Jimmy Neutron Outerspace bumper car ride.

Of course each ride will be themed to its appropriate characters.

This allows PKI to do all there ride work with one company and each of these rides can be ridden by adults as well as kids.

Here is Zamperla's website to check each of these attractions out.

Zamperla

I realize that this may be the case, (hence the Theoretically and rolleyes.gif ). But nothing is for certain yet and all we can do is guess. cool.gif I'm still holding out for any sign of a possible CCBS ride next year.

You know, I was looking at Screamscape.com, and I noticed information and artist renderings of Disney Studios Paris and their Toon Studios expansion. The ride in particular is Crush's Turtle Twisters- note that the cars themselves (shaped like Crush, of course) have a spinning mechanism and will manuever just like a regular Mouse Coaster.

Yet this won't be up and running until 2007. Which gives PKI 2006 to release Avatar as this so-called first-of-its-kind coaster, as Siebert mentioned that Avatar will indeed be a spinning coaster.

Here's the site in which you can see renderings of Turtle Twister:

Crash's Turtle Twister Renderings

Your prayers may be answered, MrPKI, as it's rumored that Great America may get a Survivor-themed ride in the form of either a half-pipe coaster or larger Zamperla Disko flat ride for 2006.

-Matt (The RingMaster)