Kings Island to Overhaul Children's Area for 2006

ZosoBeast

I agree that people need to stop complaining. NU is for kids and families. Most on here are too old for these types of attractions. My kids are so happy they are changing things around and adding new rides. You will never make everyone happy no matter what they build.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that people need to stop complaining. NU is for kids and families. Most on here are too old for these types of attractions. My kids are so happy they are changing things around and adding new rides. You will never make everyone happy no matter what they build.

Your right and sorta wrong at the same time let me just say there will be an ''attraction'' that will be for the whole family and for those teens,and adults... wink.gif

^Like the attraction I was leading onto... rolleyes.gifwink.gif

BTW RingMaster, I already posted that stuff on Turtle Twister, with that exact same idea in mind, way back on page 4, post 5. Sorry man!

^ Curses!! Foiled again!

censored.gifdry.gif

I just hope that the Avatar coaster is well-themed and just plain fun if we don't get Crash Course Boating School.

^Oh stop it people, you can complain all you want BUT IT WONT STOP ANYTHING. Bring on the Nick Universe!

I am not complaining just think some poeple are reading to much in to what has been said about Nick Universe. I have saw the video of CDBB two years ago and it looks nothing like the real thing. Their are alot of hints like the Post of what Nick is all about.

Edited by Vortex

They use the HB characters in those commercials because the commercial is intended for adults. Most adults know and grew up with the characters. Are children going to watch that commercial and know who those characters are? It is very rare I see the Jetsons on TV, Or Yogi.

~My Millenium post

Err Not really Nemo you are forgetting about Flintstone vitamins which my son takes he adores fred flintstone and pebbles cereal those products are aimed toward kids and yeah kids to see the commercials.but back to the topic...

Yes, they take the vitamins but I also used to eat those E.L. Fudge cookies with the shapes of the little elves. I loved those cookies but could care less about the character that my cookie is shaped after. I think you'll find this with the average kid, the Flinstones are now more associated with cereal and vitamins than the actual cartoon, so the kids like the product but don't really care about the characters. The reason your kids probably love them is because you seem to be obsessed with cartoons and have probably showed your kids these cartoons. With the majority of kids, I doubt they've ever seen more than one or two of the HB carttons.

Err Not really Nemo you are forgetting about Flintstone vitamins which my son takes he adores fred flintstone and pebbles cereal those products are aimed toward kids and yeah kids to see the commercials.but back to the topic...

Yes, they take the vitamins but I also used to eat those E.L. Fudge cookies with the shapes of the little elves. I loved those cookies but could care less about the character that my cookie is shaped after. I think you'll find this with the average kid, the Flinstones are now more associated with cereal and vitamins than the actual cartoon, so the kids like the product but don't really care about the characters. The reason your kids probably love them is because you seem to be obsessed with cartoons and have probably showed your kids these cartoons. With the majority of kids, I doubt they've ever seen more than one or two of the HB carttons.

No it fact my son was the one who became the flintstone fan after seeing them on Cartoon Network he's the one that loves them I do love cartoons but really never watched the flintstones with him never had the time with work and school I did however watch flintstones with my nephew..I was waiting for someone to say what you said you'll understand when the new DTV Flintstones and Yogi bear movies hit stores next year.

I for one love Hanna-Barbera and I dont understand why most of you think kids havent a clue who The Flintstones are I have always found it funny because were ever you look you'll see parents that grew up with them and will tell there kids about them I know some parents that bought the Flintstones DVD set / Boomerang so they could watch the Flintstones with there kids plus just look around you The Flintstones are huge in marketing same with Scooby Doo.

Yes, The Flinestone`s are still known by kids today. Don`t forget that they had the live action Flinestone`s movie made in the mid 1990`s with John Goodman, Rick Moranis and Rosie O`Donnel (I don`t remember who played Wilma.) However, Nickelodeon shows are the in shows, as opposed to the older HB shows.

Elizabeth Perkins played the role of Wilma Flintstone in 1994 live-action film here some tid-bits about that movie..

A live action version of "The Flintstones" (1960) had been in development for a number of years. Reportedly, this version would not have been made if John Goodman had turned down the role of Fred.

Although she is not a real match for Betty Rubble, 'Rosie O'Donnell' nailed her audition for the role by perfecting the Betty Rubble laugh.

Over a dozen writers worked on the script and at one point, the part of Fred Flintstone was offered to James Belushi.

The most recent movie was The Flintstones Viva rock vagas that was released in Spring 2000

It did pretty well at the B.O. but not well enough like the first one..

Just so you know The producers opted for the prequel to the Flintstones in this second film mainly due to 'John Goodman' 's refusal to reprise his role as Fred Flintstone but they knew that they wanted The Great Gazoo in the 2nd film ever since day one of the first films production.

I love the flintstones I loved seeing Fred Flintstone,Barney Rubble,Dino walking around Kings Island oh well the kids will have fun seeing spongebob and crew just as I did when I seen fred and crew,The Smurfs..

I just hope the Kid area retheme is well done and not some tacky themeing I spen almost half my day in that area of the park and I HOPE they add in some shade and some benches that would be nice.

• 3 weeks later...

"I just hope the Kid area retheme is well done and not some tacky themeing I spen almost half my day in that area of the park and I HOPE they add in some shade and some benches that would be nice."

I doubt you'll be dissapointed. Think Seuss Landing at IOA. The entire area will be segmented too... one corner is Dora, another is Jimmy Nuetron, another Spongebob... etc. etc. etc.

The entire area is being gutted. Even existing light poles and benches are being replaced. It's a total overhaul that will no doubt be fun and beautiful, but also very family friendly as well.

"Uh I just noticed Avatar is no longer listed on RCDB.com....I wonder why?! "

Hmmmm... maybe RCDB folks are no longer considering it a coaster... after all, it is up for debate....

Shaggy

• 2 weeks later...
Really a DiskO?..who told you this? Besides that sounds more like rocket power than avatar.

What does it matter, wouldn't you suppose that would be the most logical reasoning for it being removed from RCDB? plus I hear it is going to be similar, however not the same as, the ride being installed/already installed at PGA, they are all similar to one another, however can be unique of one another with the addition of humps and turns... like a spinning coaster...

The Disk'O is a rumor... It has not been confirmed. RCDB does not have any information on this - they just removed it until it is announced for sure whether or not it is a coaster. Keep in mind that although Disk'O is considered a flat ride - the Intamin Half Pipe coaster - pretty much the same thing - is listed under coasters. Besides, I think a Disk'O is a little big for kids. It would most likely be something that would have a 44 inch height requirement - maybe smaller. Then again I could be wrong - I am just pointing out that none of us know what Avatar is - including Legend Rider. So why doesn't everyone just wait and find out.

Indeed - that is what I say. I don't know what Avatar is - and I don't loose sleep over it. What does bother me is when people say things like they think they know what is going on when in reality they dont have a clue. That is how rumors get started - like the rumor about it being a Disk'O which is undoubtedly why it was de-listed from RCDB. It could be a Disk'O - I am not going to pretend I know... Those who know don't talk, and those who talk - don't know.