Hauntguy's Fearfest Preview

hauntguy

Hey guys,

For several pictures of Fearfest construction and my preview... click this link:

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures...l?id=2120228113

(From the Fearfest thread)

-------------------------------------------------------------

CORNstalkers is the path between Paradise Island stand and that first set of restrooms. This is going to be one insane area! The scarecrows are awesome looking and all the old prop and "scareboxes" look creepy as hell!

Headless Hollow is the train... but no need for hiking boots! We got our wish on this one... HH is the "Q-line" for WWC!!!! The train will drop you off at a portion of the ride and you'll walk the Q back! Also, I heard that you'll actually walk down in the ride part itself! No, there are no parts or gadgets to get in your way! WWC is a solid concrete path... it'll be like walking on a sidewalk! I got some pics of the set-up on this one as well... from both the exit ramp and from on the train!

Rivertown is not a "decked out" as it seems... there are several "blank" spots where the designs seem to fall short compared to the rest of the area! CORNstalkers is you first and only worry!

There where parts of Curse of the Crypt next to PsychoPath... mainly the facade and that part you crawl through!

The facade of House of Darkness (Now RL Stine's FearStreet) is changed completely! It now looks like a new, un-tortured home! I think it looked better before the change! It just doesn't look creepy!

There are a TON of old PT animations in the Action Theater line... and also an old 'Tique is there, themed as a "car of the dead" for Fearfest! Could this be a hint of something to come?

Circus of Horrors is in it's same place... and is it just me, or does Circus of Horrors look bigger?

Again, there is NO theming in Action Zone (it's a shame!)

The Coney Mall had it's props and decorations up. If one looks hard enough you'll see old CotC props!

There was NO props or decoration for Fearfest on International Street! So I hope they get that done quick!

---------------------------------------------------------

I do have a few concerns...

1) It's says that it all starts at 8!!! That means in ONLY four hours we need to get in about 8+ attractions... IMPOSSIBLE!!! I hope some of the attractions open at 3 like last year... give us all a chance to visit all the attractions!

2) International street have yet to see any Fearfest changes... I hope I am wrong and IS will be as decked out as Rivertown!

3) Maybe next year, something can be done with Action Zone... It has great potential to be horrifying!

I hope you guys enjoyed the pictures... I will see you all at Fearfest this year! Happy Haunting. -Hauntguy

Really impressive pictures. Hopefuly, they will have some of those PT characters operating, like they did last year. And since both sides of the FX theater are being used as haunted movies, it seems as if they brought out even more of the old characters. I hope that they don`t wait until 8 to start the haunted attractions (I heard 6 for the indoor ones minus Circus of Horrors, and 8 for the outdoor ones.) They should open them at 3 on Saturday like they did in years past to let more people experience them, as the lines can move rather slow. But at the same time, it is just not the same waiting for the haunts when it is still light out!

At fearfest, are people walking around to scare you or are they only in the certain attractions. I would like to go to the park this weekend, but am not interested in getting scared.

There only in certian atttractions that scare. Note: If you touch them they will touch you back. Just to let you know

The earliest any attraction will be opening will be 7:00, except for Friday the 13th which I heard will be having one early showing.

The facade of House of Darkness (Now RL Stine's FearStreet) is changed completely! It now looks like a new, un-tortured home! I think it looked better before the change! It just doesn't look creepy!

Thats because it is not supposed to look creepy on the outside. The plot line of this attraction has changed this year with the new name and it is now supposed to represent a nice older style house that is "for sale" The group that you go through with is supposed to be taking a tour of the house and they come to find out why the house will not sell on the market. The changes to this house lend themselves very well to the FearStreet books and I give major props to the PKI Entertainment staff for coming up with a new story line and a way to change things to fit the new name.

Thanks for the comments guys... If PKI wanted too, they could operate the Circus of Horrors starting at 3 or 5!!! Even in the afternoon... the Festhaus is still pretty dark! I don't see why they couldn't do it? -Hauntguy

Most likly because Nick or treat is still going and I don't think kids would want to see anything like that, even if they are not going in it.

At fearfest, are people walking around to scare you or are they only in the certain attractions. I would like to go to the park this weekend, but am not interested in getting scared.

There only in certian atttractions that scare. Note: If you touch them they will touch you back. Just to let you know

I doubt that's true. That's a lawsuit waiting to happen. If you touch a character, security may touch you, but the character won't.

The general rule of thumb is DON'T TOUCH THE CHARACTERS! Just follow that.

I am a charachter in fearfest and we arn't allowed to touch people for any circumstance, because of lawsuits and stuff like that. Honestly Hauntguy i really don't think u always know what you are talking about, u may have taken pictures, and seen it before it's done, but they empty WWC after it is out of use every season so that the water does not freeze during the winter and create damage that could cost the park a lot of money. Just because it's empty doesn't mean u can walk in it!

Fearfest offically begins this Friday, October 1st... and then is ever Friday and Saturday for the scary part of Fearfest. Sunday's is the "kid" side of Fearfest and "Nick or Treat".

I am glad you enjoyed the pics... thanks for the comments! -Hauntguy

Saturdays and Sundays are Nick or Treat...Friday and Saturday nites are when the ghouls come out to play.

The pics rock dude.

Fearfest offically begins this Friday, October 1st... and then is ever Friday and Saturday for the scary part of Fearfest. Sunday's is the "kid" side of Fearfest and "Nick or Treat".

I am glad you enjoyed the pics... thanks for the comments! -Hauntguy

Surely you realize that the 1st of October is a Saturday.

PKI will be closed this Friday (Setember 30th)

Surely you realize that the 1st of October is a Saturday.

PKI will be closed this Friday (Setember 30th)

Friday is Pride Night. I don't think they'll have any of the FearFest Attractions running. I do believe that it's just mostly regular opperations with special shows taking place at International Showplace.