El Toro

My Opinion:

SoB AND Beast are some of the roughest wood made, Boss is rotten too, but hey, to each their own,

I am a wood Coaster lover, I like the woodies, I ride them a lot, I just got a 15 trip ERT on Raven, SMOOTHER EVERY TIME!!

I am psyched about Voyage, and for those of you that think Beast is super smooth, you are hiding under a rock!

You all forget about Beast, I prefer Beast over Legend and Raven any day.

your just stuck up beast ass no offense but The Beast IS FUN BUT darn IS IT BORING!

I just prefer Beast because I like the tunnels and speeding through the woods.

at what its furiuos speeds! OHH scary Im not hattin on u at all i really like u BUT The Beast is the most overated coaster on earth! It is boring its not very fast and for crying out loud its rough as hell!!! The BeastIE is a better ride than The Beast!

SORRY TO BREAK EVERY BEAST LOVERS HEARTS!!!

cry me a river

Hey Snapper! The Beast travels at speeds of up to 70 mph through a sidebending double helix with 135' and 141' drops!!! Yeah, if only that were still true. The Beast is good, and I love it because it was my first MAJOR coaster. I admit its gotten worse over the years. Im going to try Raven and Legend again and Voyage when it comes out and see if those are better.

You cant get through to BeastBuzzers, they are Fanboys/girls of BEAST

they have bias

I have Bias as well, But I dont let that influence it.

(Captain Nemo, you dont "wind" the name El Toro!? Ahh! ::Throws dictionary:: MIND!)

So yeah,

There are always fanboys and fangirls, they are so excited about one that they cant see the good in others, I am actually convinced that most of the people on this forum dont really understand that Beast is very rough, I try to sit in good seats, and it never works, the only time I got a good ride was when I disobeyed the rules, I leaned forward on it and it never hurt my back, still rattled me around, but not as bad, Raven and Legend and Thunder Run, I can sit there and enjoy, Screamin' Eagle was ok, but the backrests hurt, they should be upholstered.

Gah! Get off my case, I enjoy raven and Legend and I am certain to love Voyage, and if you want to keep The Beast, fine you can have it, I will keep Voyage to myself, its only 50 minutes from my house anyway, and 1 hour 45 minutes from school. So I get rides a lot.

Not in offseason, thats when I turn to Beast and Thunder Run, Racer and Twisted Twins, Beastie and... uh oh, SoB.

I know you think I keep repeating myself, but gah, look around, you guys are doing the same, egging me on!

Its a bloody forum, lets go back to the topic at hand, El Toro

---

The Layout, as Nemo said, is quite dissapointing, it feels like there should be a LOT MORE its only a bit over 4000 feet long, kinda short for the speeds and heights it has, 76 degrees! lol, I thought voyage was going to be crazy, Toro will be bad*ss on that drop, and I am going to have to experience it myself, they say its supposed to be super smooth, I find that unlikely, I have a notion that from the look of it, like SoB and Colossos, they have the same look, that since they all are made by the same company, that they will be quite rigid, and that means the structure can get weak easier, also, the sway that you typically find on wooden coasters doesnt look like it will be found here on Toro, bummer, the sway is what makes it wood, well, its the layers of wood for a track that makes it wood, but its such a chep thing to do, Prefab Track, gah! Its like going the easy route, some parks have to work in dense woods to put up a coaster board by board.

---

While Im at it, I talked to Will Koch, and he told me...

(Asl many of you know the trees are pretty close to beast, lost in the woods feeling)

(The Trees on Beast are 20 foot away, am I correct, at least 10 feet away)

Will said that there are no laws, at least in Indiana that regulate how close trees may be, so since there isnt one, the trees may get right up to, but not touch the track, there happen to be a few trees that have to be cut down, and very carefully, due to the trees being dead, a good example is the Legend, it had this huge tree, dead of course, and it was just looming out toward the train as it dropped by, a week later, it was GONE.

The trees make the coaster look much faster than it is, the more the merrier.

Later Y'all

The Beast IS A GREAT MAJOR WOOD COASTER!!! yeah but come one it is so boring the night rides have lights all around the woods and there is more brakes on it than the dragster has on it!!! There is nothing to The Beast besides traveling through the woods at a SLOWER speed!!! RAVEN owns BEAST!

ID rather ride BEASTIE than BEAST at least there is AIRTIME!

Legend Rider, I can certainly see how you may form such an opinion about some Vekoma rides being rough. However, some of their newer installations are SMOOTH. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at MGM is the perfect example. Six years old, launch, multiple inversions and its smooth. I happen to agree with some of the people, Everest is going to be spectacular. Just because it only goes 50mph, doesn't mean it will not be a thrilling ride.

As for the Voyage / El Tore debate. I'm pumped about both. No doubt, Voyage is going to be fantastic with most of the layout enshrouded in trees. I rode Hades this season and if that is any indication as to how Voyage is going to ride......its smooth but the forces are really not that extreme. It has air time, lots of it, but more floating than anything. Now, El Toro....gives the impression that it rides like one of Intamin's hyper coasters. If thats the case, expect EXTREME air time moments going over those hills. To this day, NOTHING has topped Superman at Six Flags New England in terms of intensity. The closest thing is on the other side of that park, Cyclone.

Once again, sorry to the fanboys, PKI's wood coaster collection gets trampled once again. I read a post stating The Beast and 70MPH, HA. Its pretty common knowledge that the ride no longer comes close to that mark. Sorry to disappoint. The helix sure is fun, but the rest of the ride is mediocre at BEST.

I wouldn't say their collection gets trampled. All of their woodies are unique and its just the opionion of what you like in a ride. The Beast at night, despite being on nearly every other woodie on this side of the country, is still my favorite. SOB is a pretty rough ride, but I have been on a lot worse. Besides, its wood, if you dont like that feeling of being thrown around, then you should head on over to the steel coasters from now on. All three of the woodies here are great and only time will tell when they build a new one here.