Addams Family Attraction YES or NO?

Skippy

Depends completely on how well the ride was themed and what type of coaster was used for the ride. If the coaster is slower pased and just like your average wild mouse I'd say no, if the ride was something more intense and enjoyable I'd say sure. If its a Eurofighter, maybe depending on the layout.

Now if they wanted to have the vertical drop or whatever I think a Maurer Sohne x-car coaster would be sweet it could start out like the vertical part like Sky Wheel and then have more unique elements added to it like G Force. The X-car coaster would work great because it would be an original ride and could fit into a small compact indoor adam's family mansion. Plus the flips are performed without ostr's and the type of train could be a spinner or drift maurer sohne. Click on the Xtended Roller Coaster and then you can look at the cool restraints and the different types of cars that could be used.

I say Yeah because for one thing I know how many people LOVE the addams look at Disneys Haunted Mansion I KNOW pki or another paramount park could pull it off I dont care if it will be a coaster or a slow moving dark ride(which is something PKI needs) I myself would love to see them in the park at which I work and love to visit.

So I say Paramount Bring on the Addams!

^ Exactly ghost I'm so tired of all these paramount movies I dont care for becoming rides like IJ:ST it did nothing for me really it's a fun ride for the family but shall I say it I WANT BIGGER THRILLS! I want a nice Haunted House dark ride like disney's haunted mansion or something themed to the addams family I grew up watching the movies as a kid and fell in love with em,anyone remember the NEW ADDAMS Family show? yeah it was classic too bad they canned it because the company that made it said the show was too expensive.

I would love to see an Addams Family themed attraction, that is if it done right, but I do not want to see it in 07 because PKI needs to build something for the thrillseekers. I honestly cannot see them adding that many family attractions year after year. Therefor I would expect to see other Paramount parks get an Addams attraction in 07 and then PKI will get it in 08.

But I honestly dont think the Addams Family ties in well to a thrill ride. Too me the concept of an Addams attraction just screams family oriented attraction.

IMO Italian Job screamed more thrills than what the Addams does and we see how ITST was made for families.

I WANT BIGGER THRILLS!

You want bigger thrills and Im not trying to star crap or anything but if its a wild mouse dont get your hopes up, it probably would only be as fast as if nto slower than IJ. Although theme would completely kick @$$ really the only thrilling thing it has going for it is a 90 degree drop. I agree with Joker, I think an X-Car coaster would do great or a Eurofighter with the 93 degree drop.

^ Exactly ghost I'm so tired of all these paramount movies I dont care for becoming rides like IJ:ST it did nothing for me really it's a fun ride for the family but shall I say it I WANT BIGGER THRILLS! I want a nice Haunted House dark ride like disney's haunted mansion or something themed to the addams family I grew up watching the movies as a kid and fell in love with em,anyone remember the NEW ADDAMS Family show? yeah it was classic too bad they canned it because the company that made it said the show was too expensive.

You want bigger thrills and Im not trying to star crap or anything but if its a wild mouse dont get your hopes up, it probably would only be as fast as if nto slower than IJ. Although theme would completely kick @$$ really the only thrilling thing it has going for it is a 90 degree drop. I agree with Joker, I think an X-Car coaster would do great or a Eurofighter with the 93 degree drop. Also scoob, when was there a concept for an Adams Dive machine, I think the only reason people think that is because of the popularity of B&M dive machines, but B&M's are big coasters and from reading the concept, it seems more like a wild mouse coaster. Ghost is right, the Hautned Mansion at disney is amazing. I think the best thing they could do with the Adams Family coaster, is right before they drop you 90 degrees they have the effect where you look in the mirror and see the ghost sitting with you. I definently want and Addams Family ride, but it hasnt been confirmed if Paramount has the rights for an amusement ride themed to AF.

No it was on the 2004 paramount survey the concept art was from Paramount and then it was on the survey again in mid-2004...If paramount got the addams dive machine it wouldnt be a B&M sorry no Beemer for PKI.

And combat I wouldnt care IF it was a wild mouse as long as it's themed to the addams family I dont care what the attraction is.

Wild Mouse I dunno about that I hear PKI may have one is store for 2006.....

Yes there was a picture of a Dive machine it was themed to the addams family the coaster starts inside the addams family mansion...

Ok I will give you the basic concept since I guess you have no clue what this concept is about...

You Enter the Addams Family Mansion and go into the study and have preshow with Thing after the preshow the fireplace explodes into a huge flame and a secret passageway opens you walk up into the attic where uncle fester has built a new invention and wants you to be the first to try it out as you are waiting for the coaster to go with out no warning you are blasted down to the addams family basment stright into the family catacombs and out of an open grave as you are spinning & twirling around the addams family graveyard you have to dodge gravestones etc. and then you go into the another grave and then the ride is over and you are now apart of the Addams Family It's an Addams Family Reunion!

Yes, Ive read the concept, theres also a feature where in the pre-show room as you watch, the floor drops one inch to make everyone jump and get startled. The thing with the dive machine only showed a picture of some art concepts of the theming and a pciture of a dive machine car, spinning and twirling describes a wild mouse coaster and te track layout featured in one of the surveys, the same one as the Top Gun Supersonic, was too tightly put together to be a B&M.

My money would be on the Eurofighter...

While I can *kind* of see the concept working with a wild mouse, I still don't think it would do justice to the theme.

And, while B&M's are fantastic, the whole package (ride and theming) would be too expensive with them as the coaster builder.

I think the Eurofighter accomplishes both goals...provides a "diving" coaster experience, yet would be cheaper to build so more $ can be spent on theming.

Joel

Yea if its a Gerstlauer Eurofighter I'm completely against the concept. Just what PKI needs another small, compact, low capacity ride. I mean each car only seats 8, even IJ seats 12 per train. Bring on a people eater, I don't care who makes it but PKI needs a new high capacity coaster. I guess SOB could be considered fairly good capacity but the last real people eater to be installed at PKI was Top Gun.

Yea if its a Gerstlauer Eurofighter I'm completely against the concept. Just what PKI needs another small, compact, low capacity ride. I mean each car only seats 8, even IJ seats 12 per train. Bring on a people eater, I don't care who makes it but PKI needs a new high capacity coaster. I guess SOB could be considered fairly good capacity but the last real people eater to be installed at PKI was Top Gun.

I just don't see the Addams Family coaster going to happen. The movie has been out for a long time and only the older people know about the movie. Its a great idea just it would be hard to get any voice actors for the ride. I see a big coaster in the year 2007 just not the Addams Family.

I just don't see the Addams Family coaster going to happen. The movie has been out for a long time and only the older people know about the movie. Its a great idea just it would be hard to get any voice actors for the ride. I see a big coaster in the year 2007 just not the Addams Family.

Only the older people?As Scooby pointed out- Do you remember The NEW Addams Family back in 2000 and 2001? Yeah not just the older people will know the addams and may I point out yet again that the addams family coaster concept was the HIGHEST rated concept paramount ever had on those surveys.

And combat is correct if the attraction is built a trap door will be installed to surprise guests plus many other surprises that would be placed throught out the attraction..the attraction will/would be a muti-million dollar attraction with haunted house elements and coaster elements plus I was told that the pre-show would be outta the world.

I think this attraction would be paramounts 2nd universal styled attraction cant forget about TR:TR...

I see Kings Island & Wonderland getting this before any of the other parks.

^Of course you were told the pre show would be amazing. What type of person that is designing the preshow and ride would say that the preshow sucked? Also, having the highest rating of any concept isn't too hard to do its all in how you word stuff. If you say 90 degree drop in a heavily themed haunted mansion people are going to think cool, I doubt it has little to do with it being Adam's family themed, I think people just thought the description of the ride sounded really cool.

I doubt it has little to do with it being Adam's family themed, I think people just thought the description of the ride sounded really cool.

I'd actually venture to guess that it has a great deal to do with the "Addams Family." There are some things that remain timeless and some things that are fads. Charles Addams started writing commics in roughly 1935. The TV Series aired in the 60's. There have been movies and even a new version of the show. This is a product that has appeal to a wide range of indivicuals and has over time.

Let's see how many of the Nickelodeon Shows have that kind of staying power.

Definitely...there are few 70 year-old media properties that you mention today and everyone still knows what you're talking about. (Other than the Addams Family, Superman and the Wizard of Oz comes to mind...)

I thought the comment about "only older people remember the movie" was hilarious! Let's see...the last movie came out in what, '93? So someone who remembered seeing the movie when they were 12 would be what, now? 25? biggrin.gif